• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #15 Ole Miss Bears at #2 Alabama Crimson Tide, ESPN 9:15

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is a penalty to remove your helmet on the field during a live ball. Play wasn't over. Penalty should have been called on this, giving UT another chance to kick a game winning field goal. It was never called, and was a bit of a controversy afterwards.

Wrong. The penalty would have been a dead ball foul since it occurred after the whistle was blown on the play Bama recovered the ball and it would have been assessed on Bama's possession. It was discussed over and over after that game. The correct call was a dead ball foul after the official play was over. Sorry, but you are incorrect.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't even be able to read William Faulkner anymore and now John Grisham will just piss me off instead of boring me to sleep. :gaah:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what makes you think that? Aside from the ridiculous TD play for Ole Miss, there's not much between the teams, especially when you consider playing on the road in a hostile environment.

Alabama has won the battle on both lines in the second half. They've made mistakes, both in terms of turnovers and secondary, but those are mental mistakes, not physical domination. I'll place my long-term faith in physical domination.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put

Bama needs to recruit better

#1 7 out of 8 years just isn't good enough. Saban needs the best of the best at nearly every position to win.

They are worried about their draft stock.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Ole Piss, I'd go for the score again. 50 spot on Bama at their house. Would be a giant statement.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it would've been assessed on the next play, which there wasn't since the time ran out and Bama recovered the ball anyway.
Yes, I'm sure there is absolutely no plan in place for when a penalty occurs by the defense on the last play of the game. The penalty occurred before there was ever possession which should have been a 15 yard penalty and a chance to re-kick.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Bama was wildly overrated at #2! Or maybe Ole Miss is just grossly underrated. Either way, Great teams shouldn't lose at home.

Goodnight all!

I think a bit of both. Ole Miss fell apart after the Treadwell play last year, got rolled in their bowl game, and were penalized for that in preseason rankings for this season, which didn't really make sense.

Bama has lost a lot of talent over the past couple years, and really don't seem to have an identity on offense.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game only out of team loyalty now.

Bama should put in their second string; give them some good game experience.

Shut up, Herb. Ole Miss blew their wad tonight. They'll lose a couple of games down the line, likely to crap teams ... like they did last year.

It's what they do.