• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

117th US Open. Erin Hills.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of big names left behind with the cut - McIlroy, DJ, Day, Rose, Stenson, Scott.....
....Matsuyama rocketing by most guy, and Fowler coming back to the field a bit. Somewhat interesting that it took till the second round when Kevin Na fell off a cliff. Barring something crazy, it's looking like it'll be another first-timer who bags a major.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did get a peak at that Rory in the end. Birdied 4 of the 6 closing holes. I think they said that 4 out those 6 are the hardest holes on the course.

Do you ever see a guy with Rory's resume show up at an Open with a new putter? ...who does that?

There is just no excuse for a guy that good to miss cuts especially at a major.

I despise Tiger. But his greatest feat is never allowing his game to fall below a certain level.

Rory found his "A" game for a while on Fri...he has the ability to hit shots that no one else can hit aside maybe DJ...but too little too late for this major.

Maybe it's just me, they look good in tight shirts, but these bulked up players seem to be more prone to injury. I hope that Rory and Day can find the right balance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of big names left behind with the cut - McIlroy, DJ, Day, Rose, Stenson, Scott.....
....Matsuyama rocketing by most guy, and Fowler coming back to the field a bit. Somewhat interesting that it took till the second round when Kevin Na fell off a cliff. Barring something crazy, it's looking like it'll be another first-timer who bags a major.

Rose missing it had to be brutal...3 jacking his last hole.

The weekend is setting up for a wild ride I think. I didn't count but it seems like 35+ guys under par for the championship...not too bad for a par 72 track that took on some rain I guess but I'm guessing the number shrinks today.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose missing it had to be brutal...3 jacking his last hole.

The weekend is setting up for a wild ride I think. I didn't count but it seems like 35+ guys under par for the championship...not too bad for a par 72 track that took on some rain I guess but I'm guessing the number shrinks today.

I think they set a record for the most amount of under-par players at the cut in US Open history. I believe it's also the first time ever that the top 3 ranked players all missed the USO cut. The scores are there because the fairways are generous, but if you're really wild, then you pay the price.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that Holly Sonders is so hawt!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of some of the greens. A ball that lands in the middle of the green should not make a right tun and roll sideways all of the way off of the green into a gully .. ever. That's just a bad design. Looking forward to the next 2 days, though.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there a way for FOX to filter out that annoying plane flying over? My gawd.......

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out ...Si Woo Kim 5 under going into the weekend.

That guy plays like a cyborg ...zero emotion.

I'm doubling down ...Si Woo Kim is now 9 under. 3 off the leader.
Did they even mention his name today?

I'll stick my neck out and say he at least will share the lead tomorrow.
When the pressure gets to a lot of these guys ...Kim will be as cool as a cucumber.

PS I hate Joe Buck ..I really do.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Harmon is not going away

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous outing for my boy Rory.

What a bad time to get wayward off the tee. This course had advantage Rory written all over it.
Rory came in 7th at the Masters, so I'm not buying that rust and or his rib injury had anything to do with it.

Bad approach shots are maybe a rust thing, not bad drives on wide fairways.

The cut is the top 60 plus ties. He is tied for 143 at +6

Holy Hill Church there in the back ground is part of the story at Erin Hills.

Maybe Rory should grab a golf cart and get over there for a couple of quick prayers if he wants to make the cut today.

hole-18.jpg

better B an American winner here tomorrow…i'll have no such talk tonight.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they set a record for the most amount of under-par players at the cut in US Open history. I believe it's also the first time ever that the top 3 ranked players all missed the USO cut. The scores are there because the fairways are generous, but if you're really wild, then you pay the price.

Yep...the good, a lot of uncertainty going into Sun...the bad...not much star power at the top of the leader board, and if you like the moniker "defender of par"...you're not getting it from this venue...beautiful but as you said, fairways are generous.

By the time I get back from a little fathers day lunch the final group should be making the turn.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Thomas' 3 wood on 18 was unreal.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone give me my U.S. Open back?

I know somebody in the golf world was going to finally say something.
Come on ..you had an almost 50 year US Open record broken on a brand new golf course.
I know Johnny miller is going to say something ..it's got to be killing him.

I like this quote.

"It's the U.S. Open. This is supposed to be the toughest test in golf, but it's like the teacher just gave all the students an answer key."

The USGA HAS to bring the pain today. They have to give the players "medieval" pin placements to save face.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone give me my U.S. Open back?

I know somebody in the golf world was going to finally say something.
Come on ..you had an almost 50 year US Open record broken on a brand new golf course.
I know Johnny miller is going to say something ..it's got to be killing him.

I like this quote.

"It's the U.S. Open. This is supposed to be the toughest test in golf, but it's like the teacher just gave all the students an answer key."

The USGA HAS to bring the pain today. They have to give the players "medieval" pin placements to save face.

Wind is up today it will be a whole different course

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really interested in the top of the leaderboard as far as whom I'd like to see win now. Perhaps Thomas, but it wouldn't suprised me if he completely emptied his tank yesterday on his historic round. As strange as it may sound, if Si Woo Kim pulls this out, I believe he's the leader for the POTY considering he took The Players last month.

Come to think of it, amongst the guys who have a chance, there's probably more guys who I prefer not to win rather than whom I am pulling for.