• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

117th US Open. Erin Hills.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that both Mickelson would play and Kevin Na would fold...first one is obvious but so far Na is holding his own. Intersting top of the leaderboard...of those guys I'd like to see Casey keep it going. Hopefully Kaymer can turn it up a notch and get into the mix, but the early/late starts on Thursday/Friday make it more challenging if all else is equal.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that both Mickelson would play and Kevin Na would fold...first one is obvious but so far Na is holding his own. Intersting top of the leaderboard...of those guys I'd like to see Casey keep it going. Hopefully Kaymer can turn it up a notch and get into the mix, but the early/late starts on Thursday/Friday make it more challenging if all else is equal.

I just want to see a close tournament on Sun, but I'd like to see Fowler close the deal and get major.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous outing for my boy Rory.

What a bad time to get wayward off the tee. This course had advantage Rory written all over it.
Rory came in 7th at the Masters, so I'm not buying that rust and or his rib injury had anything to do with it.

Bad approach shots are maybe a rust thing, not bad drives on wide fairways.

The cut is the top 60 plus ties. He is tied for 143 at +6

Holy Hill Church there in the back ground is part of the story at Erin Hills.

Maybe Rory should grab a golf cart and get over there for a couple of quick prayers if he wants to make the cut today.

hole-18.jpg

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the pairing of Rory and Jason.
For some reason I don't think they play well together. Trying to out distance each other?
Let's see how they do today.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am sure everybody had this guy.

Xander Schauffele.
Xander_Schauffele

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Casey follows up triple bogey, bogey with par, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I don't think they play well together. Trying to out distance each other?

They both are all in on the power game so there could be some non spoken competition in the distance dept.

That said, neither really been in great form leading up to this event. Even though Erin Hills has been somewhat friendlier than most venues, the USO typically will expose your weaknesses...both had trouble finding these wide fairways yesterday. Rory has struck it a lot better today, but putting has been suspect.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both are all in on the power game so there could be some non spoken competition in the distance dept.

That said, neither really been in great form leading up to this event. Even though Erin Hills has been somewhat friendlier than most venues, the USO typically will expose your weaknesses...both had trouble finding these wide fairways yesterday. Rory has struck it a lot better today, but putting has been suspect.

Which is why I had no idea why Chamblee, Duval, and Nobilo were all over Rory winning this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I had no idea why Chamblee, Duval, and Nobilo were all over Rory winning this.

Especially the way he has putted lately.

The golf media loved Tiger because of his power and they still love power players. I will admit when Rory is at his peak, he can take any golf course apart, but we haven't seen that Rory in quite some time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Hoffman is making a big move...Rickie has moved the number -8, but did not birdie either of the par 5s on the front, that tells me maybe he's not driving great early.

We'll have to see where the number is at the end of the day, but I'm not expecting it to be much better than -9...we shall see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected...Rickie did make birdie on a front 9 par 5...mistook #3 for a par 5...he just made birdie on 7 to tie Koepka at -9...one of my unheralded picks as a future major winner.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially the way he has putted lately.

The golf media loved Tiger because of his power and they still love power players. I will admit when Rory is at his peak, he can take any golf course apart, but we haven't seen that Rory in quite some time.

You did get a peak at that Rory in the end. Birdied 4 of the 6 closing holes. I think they said that 4 out those 6 are the hardest holes on the course.

Do you ever see a guy with Rory's resume show up at an Open with a new putter? ...who does that?

There is just no excuse for a guy that good to miss cuts especially at a major.

I despise Tiger. But his greatest feat is never allowing his game to fall below a certain level.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might be they are just to comfortable with other to be honest.

It sure as hell ain't Tiger & Phil.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out ...Si Woo Kim 5 under going into the weekend.

That guy plays like a cyborg ...zero emotion.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought Fowler was a great putter. The ball rolls true on each putt.
I am envious in how quick he putts as well. Let's see if his routine and tempo stay constant this weekend.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a new course like this, I think it's tough for the USGA to know for sure how hard to course will play.

But now they know.

Look for the USGA to bring the pain over the weekend.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a new course like this, I think it's tough for the USGA to know for sure how hard to course will play.

But now they know.

Look for the USGA to bring the pain over the weekend.

I'm not a fan. It's like the PGA whored itself out to the club manufacturers trying to convince people that if they buy the right driver then all their problems will be solved on the course (not like actually, that's what they did). When's the last time you've seen a wedge commercial? Best buy I ever had was picking up a taylormade tp 58 degree. If I'm around the green I just have to think where I want to drop the ball and it's there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of pulling for Hideki. I know he's kind of a novelty in a sense over here but watching him at the open when it was at chambers bay was an eye opener. Maybe being in the Seattle Metro area has something to do with it, but every time he walked up to a tee box it was like Tom Cruise making his entrance at the Oscars with all the Japanese media around him. I couldn't imagine that type of pressure. I'd never seen anything like that at a PGA event before.