• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 11/23/14 Dubs @ OKC

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st game of a 5 game roadie, I'd expect the Dubs to be in full control of this one, and should win easily.

I heard Reggie might be banged up, if that's the case, Dubs 2nd unit should get plenty of run in the 2nd half.

The real test should come TUE vs MIA, a 4-1 trip would be sweet, but 3-2 wouldn't be bad this time around either.

D.Lee may be back on this trip?

Dubs win 110-94 :noidea:

OT: Will Pablo take the 5 yr/ $95 mil offer to leave for BOS? If the Giants are offering 5/90, he should stay? Damn overpaid jocks, why couldn't I have been one?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st game of a 5 game roadie, I'd expect the Dubs to be in full control of this one, and should win easily.

I heard Reggie might be banged up, if that's the case, Dubs 2nd unit should get plenty of run in the 2nd half.

The real test should come TUE vs MIA, a 4-1 trip would be sweet, but 3-2 wouldn't be bad this time around either.

D.Lee may be back on this trip?

Dubs win 110-94 :noidea:

OT: Will Pablo take the 5 yr/ $95 mil offer to leave for BOS? If the Giants are offering 5/90, he should stay? Damn overpaid jocks, why couldn't I have been one?

No Westbrook, no Durant = no win for the Thunder.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut knocked out of the game with an orbtibal contusion , Barbosa got kneed and landed funny, lost for the game.

Dubs are falling out like flies. Dubs still winning, but its getting ugly.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut knocked out of the game with an orbtibal contusion , Barbosa got kneed and landed funny, lost for the game.

Dubs are falling out like flies. Dubs still winning, but its getting ugly.
Absent the more beautiful elements of their team, the Thunder are relying on mixing it up to compete. If they want to threaten opponents with injury, I'll be laughing hard when either of their big guns go down again. Adams and Perkins are pieces of crap.

Still, on the road, without Bogut, and with Los Hermanos Splash held close to scoreless for the second half, it was a good win (isn't any win a good one?). Solid defense and ball control can get you over the finish line when all else is going poorly. It also helps to have a little Mo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to the game, other than Mo Speights' 28 points, was how the Thunder played the pick on roll on Curry. It didn't lead to any easy buckets with Curry assisting. They locked up the Dubs in the second half and we were a bit lucky to win, in my opinion. Curry's man (Jackson) had a lot of easy buckets after Bogut had to leave the game. Curry kept on playing defense where he forces his man towards the basket where Bogut then helps out, but Ezeli wasn't in on the scheme. The Warriors did not have many easy baskets. They shot a decent amount of bad shots. HB had no good looks. I have to hand it to the Thunder's defensive scheme.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game showed how big a discrepancy there is between the first unit and second unit bigs. The offense pretty much stagnated without a high post big to help initiate the offense. They also couldn't trust Ezeli on any dump offs in the paint or with the ball in his hands. I think Kerr will start to to work on some offensive sets that could be more guard oriented to help combat this in the future.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real good win for the Warriors as they start a big road trip. A group of fighters who grinded out the game especially in that all important 4th quarter. They have grown up and now know how to finish off games in the NBA.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game showed how big a discrepancy there is between the first unit and second unit bigs. The offense pretty much stagnated without a high post big to help initiate the offense. They also couldn't trust Ezeli on any dump offs in the paint or with the ball in his hands. I think Kerr will start to to work on some offensive sets that could be more guard oriented to help combat this in the future.

Thing is I think FE wasn't in there for his offense, he was there for his defense, and sadly, he couldn't play defense without fouling.

FE should just stick with his simple 1 dribble or no dribble baby hook, his other secondary moves are junk right now.

If Al Jefferson can post up and pump fake everytime and score, there's no reason why FE can't try some of that. FE doesn't have the Erik Dampier stone hands, but its pretty close at this point.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Kuzmic out there for brief stints, at least he can hit his free throws. Or where's Macadoo or Holliday?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is I think FE wasn't in there for his offense, he was there for his defense, and sadly, he couldn't play defense without fouling.

FE should just stick with his simple 1 dribble or no dribble baby hook, his other secondary moves are junk right now.

If Al Jefferson can post up and pump fake everytime and score, there's no reason why FE can't try some of that. FE doesn't have the Erik Dampier stone hands, but its pretty close at this point.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Kuzmic out there for brief stints, at least he can hit his free throws. Or where's Macadoo or Holliday?

I'm not sure if this is correct here, but didn't Ezeli only play one year at Vanderbilt? If that's correct, one can hardly draw any comparison's with him to Al Jefferson, a seasoned veteran big man with probably the best moves of any big man in today's game. Ezeli is never going to be a Jefferson, but I think it's good for him to work on his offensive game. Bogut is not going to be around forever, and perhaps Ezeli can learn to be a decent contributor on the offensive side of the ball as well as defense in time.

I think that Ezeli's move mostly consist of him going to his strong side, which really make a big man easy to guard, especially with all the help that eventually filters down to help out on a big man who is not the greatest passer. Right now, he has no move to his left hand, which wouldn't take too much because he's shooting shots that are 2-6 foot shots, or at least moves where he spins to his left and spins it up off of the board, a la Al Jefferson.

This was Ezeli's most extensive time in an important game thus far this season, and he struggled especially on defense. Curry couldn't handle Jackson head up with all of the picks they were setting for Jackson, especially without the help of Bogut at the rim to help out.

Does anyone know if Bogut is going to miss more games?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Bogut and his injury:

'and Andrew Bogut possibly sitting out. The starting center left Sunday with a right orbital contusion and is questionable for this game.The injury-plagued Bogut confirmed via his Twitter account that there was no fracture and also complimented Speights.
"Good win warriors ! CT scan all clear (for once)," Bogut tweeted. "Bit of fluid but should be right...Shout out to Mospeights16 mobuckets KILLING!"'

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Bogut and his injury:

'and Andrew Bogut possibly sitting out. The starting center left Sunday with a right orbital contusion and is questionable for this game.The injury-plagued Bogut confirmed via his Twitter account that there was no fracture and also complimented Speights.
"Good win warriors ! CT scan all clear (for once)," Bogut tweeted. "Bit of fluid but should be right...Shout out to Mospeights16 mobuckets KILLING!"'

I just heard on KNBR that Bogut and Barbosa will be back tonight.