• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs vs Flop city 11/5/14

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will D. Lee play tonight? Its a home game, I expect it to get loud early on.

I think the Clipper bench is weaker this year, and us actually having a bench will be the difference.

Festus has looked surprising good in limited action. Barbosa looks like he fires shots in his sleep, most shots per minute on the team?

Dubs win 108-95?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will D. Lee play tonight? Its a home game, I expect it to get loud early on.

I think the Clipper bench is weaker this year, and us actually having a bench will be the difference.

Festus has looked surprising good in limited action. Barbosa looks like he fires shots in his sleep, most shots per minute on the team?

Dubs win 108-95?

Agreed. The biggest difference this year, other than the quality of the head coach, is the solid bench. We got three guys coming off the bench who have been all stars. Those guys can sustain, or even build on, a lead when they are in there.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee reportedly probably for tonights game by Monte Poole. It'll be interesting to see the lineups and rotations with him back. I would expect somewhere around 25 minutes.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys for tonight:

1) Contain Jamal Crawford. We have to keep him uncomfortable during the game. We can't allow him to get in a rhythm because we've all seen what he can do.

2) Win the rebounding game. The Warriors will need to get on the glass tonight and prevent any additional scoring opportunities. We can't give the Clips any second chance points.

3) Steph vs. CP3. Steph will likely be taking large portions of the game defensively checking Chris Paul. Not only can we hope for him to slow CP3 down, but hopefully he'll have enough left in the tank to keep it going offensively.

4) Find a 3rd (and 4th) scorer. We know Steph and Klay will likely carry the load. We'll need at least one other person, preferably two, who we can rely upon to put the ball in the basket. David Lee should help, but I hope he doesn't show too much rust. Hopefully AI, Draymond, HB or Barbosa can pick up some of the slack.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys for tonight:

1) Contain Jamal Crawford. We have to keep him uncomfortable during the game. We can't allow him to get in a rhythm because we've all seen what he can do.

2) Win the rebounding game. The Warriors will need to get on the glass tonight and prevent any additional scoring opportunities. We can't give the Clips any second chance points.

3) Steph vs. CP3. Steph will likely be taking large portions of the game defensively checking Chris Paul. Not only can we hope for him to slow CP3 down, but hopefully he'll have enough left in the tank to keep it going offensively.

4) Find a 3rd (and 4th) scorer. We know Steph and Klay will likely carry the load. We'll need at least one other person, preferably two, who we can rely upon to put the ball in the basket. David Lee should help, but I hope he doesn't show too much rust. Hopefully AI, Draymond, HB or Barbosa can pick up some of the slack.

1) JC hasn't been a factor so far
2) Dubs shooting 64% from the field, and still out rebounding the Clips
3) Cp3 has a double double, but Dubs up 84-59 midway through 3rd
4) D.Lee hurt in the 1st half, not a good sign. D. Green has turned into Superman though, making a strong bid for most improved player ( 1st 4 games into the season anyway)

Dubs Running away with this one easily.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are HUNGRY...Win BIG over Clippers 121-104

Warriors win big tonight. These guys are going for it all this year. I love the T that Coach Kerr got tonight . He is fired up and has these guys all on the same page. Warriors shoot 58% .. Curry , and Thompson ready to lead and have really grown up. Green with 24 points tonight gets better and better and will be a huge force this year. I don't write a lot about basketball but the Warriors are fun to watch and I am going to see them in about 2 weeks. Great effort tonight by the Warriors. This is a hungry team ...look out. These guys can play Basketball...Tell them Kurtis !

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:

on youtube...

Kurtis Blow - Basketball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The biggest difference this year, other than the quality of the head coach, is the solid bench. We got three guys coming off the bench who have been all stars. Those guys can sustain, or even build on, a lead when they are in there.

Totally uncalled for and impossible to prove until years from now. How someone can take a guy who now has coached a total of 4 games in his life and say that "he's a quality head coach", meaning M. Jackson wasn't, is just silly. Given the vast improvement in the Warriors lineup from 1-15, GS should be a better team than last year's.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how offensively talented and fast Barbosa still is. I'm not sure how long the Dubs will be able to hold onto him (meaning years), but I'd love it if we could keep him.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how offensively talented and fast Barbosa still is. I'm not sure how long the Dubs will be able to hold onto him (meaning years), but I'd love it if we could keep him.

Livingston impressed me more with his ability to pass and his overall defense.

Sure Barbosa's offense was night, especially early on when Klay didn't score, but if SL was healthy, Barbosa may not even see the court. It speaks the depth of the Dub Bench at this moment.

Could our bench SL, Barbosa, AI#9, FE, Speights, D.Lee be better than some starters at this moment?
( I would wager they could beat LAL, PHI aka Tank for the lottery Team, and maybe even OKC minus RW and KD )

4 games are still a small sample size, but this team is looking impressive.

Mayo you out there, CHAMPIONSHIP? :yahoo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure Barbosa's offense was night, especially early on when Klay didn't score, but if SL was healthy, Barbosa may not even see the court. It speaks the depth of the Dub Bench at this moment.

Could our bench SL, Barbosa, AI#9, FE, Speights, D.Lee be better than some starters at this moment?
( I would wager they could beat LAL, PHI aka Tank for the lottery Team, and maybe even OKC minus RW and KD )

I remember Livingston was a tough matchup when we played the Nets last year, so I know that Livingston is still not at full strength. However, to leave Barbosa wasting away on the bench wouldn't be wise. He's good both from the outside and a great driver.

One great thing I saw from Lee in last night's game was that he has bought into the idea that he's got to be able to shoot from the outside. He made 2 shots from maybe 18 feet last night, and last year those were shots that he simply would not take. He must have practiced his outside shot last year. This will open up so many other possibilities with his offensive game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I want you guys to know that I am officially going to use the "word" y'all on the forum. It feels foreign to me to say "you guys". Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Do you remember when you were young(er) and you'd be practicing your offensive game just by yourself? If you were "a shooter", you probably built a lot of confidence in yourself. You'd toss up some shots that you probably would never shoot in an actual game and make them or at least come close. Well, being Stephen Curry is what it's like to do it IN THE NBA. Some of the shots he shoots, whether underhanded or the normal overhanded shot, are ones that most coaches (grammar school, high school, college to NBA) would yank you out of the game for. One very important thing that Jackson did for Curry was to allow him to "do what he does". As a small person, relatively to other NBA players, yet a great shooter, Curry has figured out ways to get off his shot in so many uncanny ways that are pretty much unseen by any other player in today's game. It's so much fun for an offensive player like myself to watch.

I was never physically much to behold on the court, so I had to be creative, ambidextrous, be able to drive and shoot from outside, etc. I'm from Pete Maravich country, and to me, Curry is the closest thing I've ever seen to Pete, but without any of Maravich's negatives.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry, Thompson, Bogut, Barnes, Green
Livingston, Iggy, Ezili, Lee, Barbosa
Rush, Speights

Arguably not a deeper squad in The Association. Bogut's health is a key, but so long as he is good for the playoffs, this team is ready to head into recently uncharted territory.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry, Thompson, Bogut, Barnes, Green
Livingston, Iggy, Ezili, Lee, Barbosa
Rush, Speights

Arguably not a deeper squad in The Association. Bogut's health is a key, but so long as he is good for the playoffs, this team is ready to head into recently uncharted territory.

Lee's health is now looking shaky too...

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee's health is now looking shaky too...
Though I love what the WCW brings to the table, it will be easier for the team to overcome a loss of Lee than if Bogut went down. A look at the first round playoff series over the last two seasons somewhat confirms this.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I love what the WCW brings to the table, it will be easier for the team to overcome a loss of Lee than if Bogut went down. A look at the first round playoff series over the last two seasons somewhat confirms this.

Well sure, especially with their depth. In years past this would be a major problem but if he has to be shelved for a month or two to rest the hamstring it shouldn't hurt them too terribly much.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Warrior game last night and it was ridiculous. Here are a few things I noticed during the game:

-Curry played great (I mean great) defense on CP3. The help was there when he needed it, but overall he impressed me with his effort and effectiveness.

-Barbosa is looking like a friggin steal. He's gonna be a key contributor this year for us and we'll need him to be that instant offense for us off the bench. Side note, he cannot handle the 1. He'll need to be a two at all times on our team.

-Ezeli did well banging with the big bodies, but the guy still cannot catch a ball to save his life. He had at least 2 or 3 turnovers right underneath the basket that should have been easy layups or dunks. His defense is very good still.

-Offense did get stagnant for a period of time and it looked like the old Mark Jackson system, where the guys were looking for either Curry or Klay to bail them out. Hopefully this will be ironed out as well throughout the season.

-Livingston looked like he was gaining a bit of confidence yesterday. He still looks a half a step slow out there for game speed, but that will come with time.

The scariest part for me is that the Warriors are not even at their peak yet. Not jumping the gun, there will be some losses along the way, some trap games, but overall the direction is very promising.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Warrior game last night and it was ridiculous. Here are a few things I noticed during the game:

-Ezeli did well banging with the big bodies, but the guy still cannot catch a ball to save his life. He had at least 2 or 3 turnovers right underneath the basket that should have been easy layups or dunks. His defense is very good still.

This exactly, Barnett has it 100% right on TV, there's no need to bring the ball down to the little people on the floor. Keep the ball above your head and just lay the darn thing up

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, especially with their depth. In years past this would be a major problem but if he has to be shelved for a month or two to rest the hamstring it shouldn't hurt them too terribly much.
Yeah, with a team struggling just to qualify for the playoffs, they didn't have this luxury in the past. Lee should get ample time to recover with Green and Speights being able to take up the slack. The Dubs might be doing so well this season that Kerr can go all Popovich and rest all his top players a few times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers made several positive comments about Curry's defense. Green was really spectacular last night. His 3-point shot is getting to where he may be a solid 40% shooter from 3. He's also very good at covering a guard if he has to. He was on Paul once, I think because of a switch, and he forced Paul to dribble it off of his own leg.

I know that the Warriors have some health issues with Lee and Livingston right now, but it's hard to think that they weren't "peaking" in that 2nd quarter.

I wonder how AI9 feels about coming off of the bench. The announcers were putting a "he's an older player now" spin on the situation, and I'm sure that the coaches explained to him that they're trying to get HB's confidence going by playing him with the first team. AI9 also probably realizes that his offense is better appreciated or needed on the second team than when playing with Curry and Thompson with the starters.
Last year's second team was quite the struggle to just watch, especially at the beginning of the season.

Yes, Ezeli has hands made of bricks. You almost hate to pass it to him even when he's wide open, but I guess that's the only way he's going to get better. He does better when he catches a ball from a set pass and he can take his time. He doesn't seem to be able to react to last-second passes. I imagine he came late to basketball as a kid, right?

Thompson's confidence could not be higher. I'm telling you, when he gets the ball he seems to feel that it's not a matter of if he's going to score on you....whether what kind of shot he's going to sink on you. He's come such a long way and playing FIBA, I believe, and doing so well (2nd leading scorer, right?) has brought him to another level. I think that his huge contract extension has also had a truly positive effect on his drive to be great and fulfill those high expectations.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This exactly, Barnett has it 100% right on TV, there's no need to bring the ball down to the little people on the floor. Keep the ball above your head and just lay the darn thing up

Yeah, I saw once where Ezeli got a good pass from someone and he immediately brought the ball down to waist level where Farmar (sp?) promptly took it right away from him. Hopefully with a decent amount of playing time and with some good passes from a great passing team Ezeli will have enough opportunities to learn how to finish. I felt bad for him last night. He looked extremely clumsy on offense. It'll come, though. the Warriors have some of the best bench coaches, they say, in the game.