• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 11/30 Dubs @ DET 1230p PST Tip

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs trying to finish the Roadie 5-0.

It would be easy to mail it in and now show up DET isn't very good (3-13) and has some injuries Jennings (thumb) Meeks (stress reaction/lower back) Per Monte

I don't believe this team has to be motivated to get up for games though, they will show up.

1. Execpt a Monster Game from D.Green
  2. Splash bros should combine for 40+ tonight
  3. Bogut will have his hands full against Monroe/Drummond
  4. Speights could have another 20+ pt night

All in all, stick with the formula, play above average defense/rebound, limit turnovers, easy win for the Dubs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Warriors are highly motivated to bring home a 5-0 road trip. I'm hoping for a lot of unselfish playing, 30+ assists, at least 6 players in double figures. Also, turnovers need to be limited to 12-15 tops. Curry will get to rest in the 4th quarter with 10+ assists. Bogut could get into foul trouble having to defend both Monroe and Drummond. Ezeli could get 15+ minutes if this happens.

Does anyone have a theory why the Western Conference is so much better than the Eastern Conference? Is it the weather.....players who can choose where they play can choose the better climate and/or "better" cities to live in?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a theory why the Western Conference is so much better than the Eastern Conference? Is it the weather.....players who can choose where they play can choose the better climate and/or "better" cities to live in?

Combo of things

1. Luck
2. Player choices, though Lebron got Love to go "East", Once you visit the Bay Area during the Fall, you never want to leave
3. Rule changes favor the offense , traditional run and gun teams are out west , Lakers, Phoenix, Dubs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs trying to finish the Roadie 5-0.

It would be easy to mail it in and now show up DET isn't very good (3-13) and has some injuries Jennings (thumb) Meeks (stress reaction/lower back) Per Monte

I don't believe this team has to be motivated to get up for games though, they will show up.

1. Execpt a Monster Game from D.Green
  2. Splash bros should combine for 40+ tonight
  3. Bogut will have his hands full against Monroe/Drummond
  4. Speights could have another 20+ pt night
All in all, stick with the formula, play above average defense/rebound, limit turnovers, easy win for the Dubs.
Wouldn't that be something? Hope they don't do what they did in New Jersey last year when they had a chance to have a perfect road trip.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Warriors are highly motivated to bring home a 5-0 road trip. I'm hoping for a lot of unselfish playing, 30+ assists, at least 6 players in double figures. Also, turnovers need to be limited to 12-15 tops. Curry will get to rest in the 4th quarter with 10+ assists. Bogut could get into foul trouble having to defend both Monroe and Drummond. Ezeli could get 15+ minutes if this happens.

The players are better.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that be something? Hope they don't do what they did in New Jersey last year when they had a chance to have a perfect road trip.

2 out of 4 isn't bad, that's HOF #'s if you are a baseball player

1) Money Green 7/13 from the field, 5 3pt's, 20 pts, 6 boards, 2 dimes, 1 steal, 4 TO's :L
-> the next step for Green is to limit his TO's, and then he can truly be special

2) Steph and Klay combine for 31 only , but went 8 for 9 from the FT line, Steph had 10 dimes to 1 TO. So much for Detroits big front line being an issue

3) I think Bogut held his own, typical Bogut line, 6 pts, 9 boards, 2 dimes, 5 blocks, was apart of the effort that held Drummond to 1 for 8 from the field.

4) Speights looked human tonight, but still a good effort. 19 mins, 4 for 14 from the field, 11 pts, 12 boards, 2 blocks, basically matched Monroe on #"s.

All in all, a nice game for the Dubs, 16 TO's still bother me, but their 9th win in a row, we can give them a break.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUBS!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big road win. Seems like a different guy steps up each day. Today it was Green. Man, when I think how close we came to getting stuck with Stan Van Gundy before he turned the Dubs job down I cringe.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed pretty simple to me.

Well duh, that was what made the zinger funny. Obviously his question is WHY are all the good players in the West? It's been that way for a very long time, the East hasn't been the better conference probably since MJ was on the Bulls. Since the Bulls last title in 1998 the only teams from the East to win the championship have been the Pistons in 2004, the Heat in 2006, Celtics in 2008, and the Heat in 2012-13, and even in those years the East wasn't the better overall conference. It's been pretty much dominated by the Spurs and Lakers forever.

So why? Maybe just random, probably somewhat that. Maybe the GMs or coaches are better out West, better at putting good teams on the floor. Maybe the good players in the East aren't good for winning rings (Carmelo). Probably a combination of a lot of factors. It'll be interesting if it shifts again when the Spurs finally lose their old core.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big road win. Seems like a different guy steps up each day. Today it was Green. Man, when I think how close we came to getting stuck with Stan Van Gundy before he turned the Dubs job down I cringe.

In hindsight Kerr is obviously the perfect fit, but at the time you don't know...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the climate? You have "western" teams like Memphis, Dallas and San Antonio who aren't really located in the "west", but they are more southern states. Much of the basketball season is during the colder months, Nov-April, except for the playoffs. I think that maybe players who can choose are choosing to play in better climates. Who knows? It could just be a trend. Popovich is the reason why S.A. has been good for so long. When Jackson was in LA, he made the Lakers champions. The last time a great coach was in the east may have been when Jackson was in Chicago. But, when you look at the teams in the west who made the playoffs in the last few years, they are mostly good climate teams, especially in the winter months.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, that was what made the zinger funny. Obviously his question is WHY are all the good players in the West? It's been that way for a very long time, the East hasn't been the better conference probably since MJ was on the Bulls. Since the Bulls last title in 1998 the only teams from the East to win the championship have been the Pistons in 2004, the Heat in 2006, Celtics in 2008, and the Heat in 2012-13, and even in those years the East wasn't the better overall conference. It's been pretty much dominated by the Spurs and Lakers forever.

So why? Maybe just random, probably somewhat that. Maybe the GMs or coaches are better out West, better at putting good teams on the floor. Maybe the good players in the East aren't good for winning rings (Carmelo). Probably a combination of a lot of factors. It'll be interesting if it shifts again when the Spurs finally lose their old core.

Its probably just cyclic. It'll turn again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight Kerr is obviously the perfect fit, but at the time you don't know...

I never was impressed with Van Gund, even if he is a Bay Area guy and a Dubs fan. I thought Kerr would be the guy that would bring something fresh and new here; not just one of the same old re treads that try the same old thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw an article on the disparity between the east and west and the guesses as to why this "is". Hit the link below if you care to read it.

Eastern Conference Cushion Giving Cavs, Other Contenders, Time to Come Together | Bleacher Report