• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ PHO 11/9/14 5p PST Tip

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs on 2nd night of B2B, in the past I would write this off as a scheduled loss, but this year anything goes.

1. Will Klay have a bounce back game?
  2. Can we win without turning the ball over 20x?
  3. Will Kerr turn to the bench early when PHO makes their run?

Dragic/Bledsoe/Isiah Thomas are going to be a handful, but Plumlee and the Morris brothers are always trouble. I hope the Dubs bring the defense tonight even if their shots aren't falling again. Steph's and the teams defense won in the 3rd vs HOU for us, and I'd expect the same outcome tonight.

Dubs win 99-92?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this may be another off game for the Dubs. Also, like you said, Phoenix has a lot of guys who can fill it up. I'll pick Phoenix in a close one, 2-4 point differential.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep starting these game threads, Lee. You're 5-0, and we're gonna ride you until you drop.

We'll see what this team is made of with their first back-to-back. I expect Klay to bounce back tonight, but this one ain't gonna be easy. Go Dubs!!!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the pregame on KNBR, Klay will not play tonight, "sprained right wrist", could be a big night for HB, Barbosa, Livingston.

We may even get a Nedo sighting should those guys get into foul trouble tonight. I hope this means we go the bigs early on. Would love to see Steph work the P & R with Bogut more. Bogut gets point blank looks, things La Tax used to get a lot here a few years ago, but Bogut has the ability to finish those easy looks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep starting these game threads, Lee. You're 5-0, and we're gonna ride you until you drop.

We'll see what this team is made of with their first back-to-back. I expect Klay to bounce back tonight, but this one ain't gonna be easy. Go Dubs!!!

We played back to back games on Nov 1-2. We beat Portland in Portland on Nov 2 late in the game.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U G L Y game.

Steph 10 TO's, I repeat 10 TO's.

No Klay tonight, on a 2nd night of B2B, I didn't think Dubs would win easily, but they way we lost just wasn't cool.

Dubs had a 10 point lead going to the end of the 3rd, and then we basically fell apart.

Gotta call out AI#9 here aswell, 0-4 from the field, 1 point 3 boards, 1 dime, seemed like he was content on not doing anything productive tonight. At one point, he got a rebound and could have scored over Thomas, but choose to kick it out instead.

Dubs 26 TO's = Loss

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph giveth, and Steph throweth away, but it was his foul on Thomas at mid-court with 1.9 seconds left in the third that exposed a competitive immaturity. The free two points aside, it gave him his fourth foul immediately after picking up his third. Other players contributed to the fourth quarter capitulation, but none more than the team captain. I think that Kerr, unlike Jackson, is going to insist that he keep his thinking cap on for four quarters in the future.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph giveth, and Steph throweth away, but it was his foul on Thomas at mid-court with 1.9 seconds left in the third that exposed a competitive immaturity. The free two points aside, it gave him his fourth foul immediately after picking up his third. Other players contributed to the fourth quarter capitulation, but none more than the team captain. I think that Kerr, unlike Jackson, is going to insist that he keep his thinking cap on for four quarters in the future.

True, but that's been Steph's M.O all year, why foul a player shooting a 3 pointer in general? Barnett talks about it on TV, its better to just run pass his shooting hand trying to defend vs trying to block the shot. How often do you see a player's 3 point shot blocked (besides Tucker vs Green last night), its a low % play vs just playing solid defense instead.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game last night (which is why we lost...sorry guys my fault).

Could anyone let me know how the majority of Curry's turnovers happened? Or for the rest of the team for that matter? Were they made in the flow of the offense or by simple carelessness?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very disappointed to see the team quit i the 4th quarter last night in Phoenix. Terrible to watch.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game last night (which is why we lost...sorry guys my fault).

Could anyone let me know how the majority of Curry's turnovers happened? Or for the rest of the team for that matter? Were they made in the flow of the offense or by simple carelessness?
At least half were of the silly variety. The foul he committed at the end of the third was the icing on the cake, though.

As Barnett says, the young man needs to be more "circumspect" in his approach to the game. If he ratchets it up a notch, this team will be a championship contender.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph really needs to stop his constant whining every time he gets called for a foul. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen him question the refs after a foul has been called on him. I understand if a player talks to the ref trying to understand why something was a foul or asking what he could have done for a foul not to have been called, but he acts incredulous when fouls are called on him. It's really off-putting to watch, and I think that his obsessing with this issue can stay in his head and that this can lead to a lack of focus, which in turn leads to the turnovers.

I had a pretty strong feeling that this type of team (Phoenix) would give the Warriors a problem tonight. They play a fast-paced style of game and are really different from every other team that they Warriors have played so far this year. Klay missed the game and with that the Dubs lost both his points, defense and competitiveness. This put more of the pressure to create on Curry.

I think that this type of loss will force GS to refocus and get back on track. It would be nice not to have to have a loss like this, but given that they are a young team without one of its stars playing a back to back game on the road, I thought it was an expected loss, but one that will result in a renewed focus and energy for the next few weeks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to edit my post above, but it didn't work. For one thing, I left out the word "not" in the sentence which reads "Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen him question the refs after a foul has been called on him". I also added a few other things. Can someone just delete my post above and take this section out? Below is my post as I wanted it:

Steph really needs to stop his constant whining every time he gets called for a foul. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen him not question the refs after a foul has been called on him. I understand if a player talks to the ref trying to understand why something was a foul or asking what he could have done for a foul not to have been called, but he acts incredulous when fouls are called on him. It's really off-putting to watch, and I think that his obsessing with this issue can stay in his head and that this can lead to a lack of focus, which in turn leads to the turnovers.

I had a pretty strong feeling that this type of team (Phoenix) would give the Warriors a problem tonight. They play a fast-paced style of game and are really different from every other team that the Warriors have played so far this year. Klay missed the game and with that the Dubs lost his points, defense and competitiveness. This put more of the pressure to create on Curry. Also, to me, Curry is more bothered when a smaller but quicker player guards him, like Isaih Thomas. He eats up players who are bigger but not as quick as he is. His game is built around beating bigger but slower players.

I think that this type of loss will force GS to refocus and get back on track. It would be nice not to have to have a loss like this, but given that they are a young team without one of its stars playing a back to back game on the road, I thought it was an expected loss, but one that will result in a renewed focus and energy for the next few weeks.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph could have been trying to overcompensate, thing is , Steph wasn't the only reason they lost. His 30+ pts were a major reason why they were in the game so long.

Not having D.Lee for 2+ more weeks is going to expose our bench a little more. We still need another athlete at the 4 spot to come off the bench, could Nedo be cut in favor of a move?

Dennis or someone better start the game thread tonight, I'll be at work putting in some official unofficial Overtime / volunteer work. :doh::doh::doh: