• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 11/16 Dubs @ lakers 630p Tip

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like one of those classic trap games

1. 2nd night of a B2B
  2. Playing a team that has nothing to lose
  3. Wiped the floor w/ the Cats/Hornets last night

I believe most of the team should be fresh and ready to go. I believe we have the advantage at most starting spots except for Kobe, and even then Klay should be able to do a good enough job on defense against him.

Dubs win 100-85?

GO DUBS!!!!!!!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like one of those classic trap games

1. 2nd night of a B2B
  2. Playing a team that has nothing to lose
  3. Wiped the floor w/ the Cats/Hornets last night

I believe most of the team should be fresh and ready to go. I believe we have the advantage at most starting spots except for Kobe, and even then Klay should be able to do a good enough job on defense against him.

Dubs win 100-85?

GO DUBS!!!!!!!
Don't forget Bryant is sick, and their 2nd and third best players, Young and Randle are out. If they take this game seriously they should win by 14-20 points.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo Speights dropping 24 pts 9 boards so far, that's all you need to know about tonights game.

Dubs running away from this one, may score 150 tonight if Lakers don't try to play some defense.

Only thing that can Stop the DUbs now? Schedule makers 5 days off, and they don't play again until FRI

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best start for the Ws in 38 years

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After decades of savage beat downs from the Lakers, especially in LA, it's quite satisfying to watch the table turn. The Dubs ARE the new "Showtime" of the league, and the Lakers looks even more hapless now that those those past Warriors teams. Lovin' it!

The team continues to learn that you don't have to be reckless to be adventurous, and Mo Speights continues to be a revelation. Iggy got things straightened out last night, and man, did he need that. Livingston's getting better, but I'm hoping that we haven't seen his best. And Rush had better learn how to give a good performance in limited minutes, cuz that's all that's going to be available to him with this team's depth.

And the half court offense, though still a work in progress, looks way more potent than in years past. Playoff basketball, for the most part, becomes a half court grind, and the Dubs are going to be more than ready to hold their own this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the game yet. Taped it last night.

I say the Dubs win big, maybe 135-114. Bryant goes for 42 but shoots a ton of shots in the process. Meanwhile, the Dubs keep on passing the ball well. Curry maybe picks up 15-16 assists and possibly one Magic Johnson type of pass to Iggy on a fast break....or maybe to Speights.

I'm going to watch the game now. Looking forward to it.:lol:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another very well-played game by the Dubs. Curry was impressive, especially the 15 assists and only 3 turnovers. That is what I have been looking for from Curry.

Speights continues to impress as well. They are really playing good team ball.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another very well-played game by the Dubs. Curry was impressive, especially the 15 assists and only 3 turnovers. That is what I have been looking for from Curry.

Speights continues to impress as well. They are really playing good team ball.
If Curry maintains a favorable assist to TO ratio and Bogut stays healthy, there will be a Larry O'Brien trophy in the Warriors' case in the next two seasons. Maybe this season. That's right, I said it!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry maintains a favorable assist to TO ratio and Bogut stays healthy, there will be a Larry O'Brien trophy in the Warriors' case in the next two seasons. Maybe this season. That's right, I said it!

They still have to figure out San Antonio, who has their number.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have to figure out San Antonio, who has their number.
I think that the loss to SA at home coming off the 10 turnover performance at Phoenix gave Coach Kerr a receptive ear when it comes to Curry and his ball control. In that game, Parker was 7-1 with his assist to TO ration while Steph was 5-3. That difference might have almost covered the point spread that night. By season's end, Curry and his mates will continue to cut down on turnovers and the half court offense will be playoff ready. If most everyone stays healthy most of the time, I see these teams in the Conference Finals, with the Dubs having a decent chance of winning.

By next season, it will be the Dubs prevailing for sure. That's right, I said it again!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is still making the right passes. He's just not doing them in a risky manner. Last year he really did his one handed loop passes with either hand. They were impressive looking, but people caught onto it. He couldn't stop the passes because he only had one hand on it. He still does them here and there, but he's been more careful to just ensure that the ball goes to the right man, even if it gets there a half-second later. Oh, and didn't he just tear up the Lakers with so many great assists? God but he was good last night.

The passing last night all around was really out of this world. It's definitely becoming contagious.

It seems to me that we've been underplaying Maurice Speights too. He's a solid offensive player who we should be regularly rotating in the game and averaging 8-10 points a game.

HB is looking spectacular. I think that the move to start him is really paying big dividends and I don't think we can turn back after seeing what he can do. I think that D Green and Lee wouldn't be affected by whether or not they start. Just my opinion. But I surely wouldn't want to mess with HB's game right now.

Has everyone noticed how much better we can be with Bogut being more aggressive, especially with him rolling toward the basket? His little jump hook is soooo soft. Also happy to see Curry not tossing up so many errant alley oops to him as though he was Deandre Jordan. That had become almost an automatic turnover every game.

Everyone knew that I was joking earlier with my predictions about this game, right? I was expecting a few LOLs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately this is a big "if". I'm concerned about Curry's health as well, specifically his ankles, although he seemed to be over that last year.