• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 sec teams in the top 25?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got it right last year, but I personally don't agree with the idea of 12 people all with biased opinions deciding on who will be in the playoffs. No athletic directors should be involved.
I don't know I can label the committee as garbage based on their track record. Last year was the first year CFB has had a true champion in a long time. No biased polls and questionable match ups that certain conferences depended on (SEC) The committee and CFB playoffs have finally put an end to tarnished NCG's (Alabama/LSU)and provided us with legitimate champions.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're the greatest, don't ya know?
B12 also ran, Mizz, goes there and gets into a couple of CCGs.
Bottom feeder TAMU goes into "SEC DEFENSE" country with a fish qb and fish coach and is the runaway best offense in the SEC for two years running...

... but somehow that speaks to how badass the SEC is.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
Mizzou is in the exact same spot as it was before.

SEC = Big 12 after Bama.

Although people seem to gloss over the Big 12 Bowl win and Big 10 Bowl wins Mizzou has in the past 2 years.

Can we talk about all of the bad games the other conferences had? Texas? Nebraska? Arizona St? Stanford? You have to rank somebody

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I can label the committee as garbage based on their track record. Last year was the first year CFB has had a true champion in a long time. No biased polls and questionable match ups that certain conferences depended on (SEC) The committee and CFB playoffs have finally put an end to tarnished NCG's (Alabama/LSU)and provided us with legitimate champions.

They should have stuck with the computers and picked the top 4 in my opinion. The humans were the reason LSU/Bama played not the computers. Humans will always make biased opinions based on their own agenda.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have stuck with the computers and picked the top 4 in my opinion. The humans were the reason LSU/Bama played not the computers. Humans will always make biased opinions based on their own agenda.

I don't think you need to take the humans out, but the BCS formula and top4 would have been fine.

Committee is to keep teams like Boise St out IMO.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need to take the humans out, but the BCS formula and top4 would have been fine.

Either way it should not be a room of 12 people making millions of dollars worth of decisions. And personally, Pat Haden should have been taken off the committee after last years stunt. Inexcusable in my opinion.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Computers, media and coaches polls provided us with error and built the SEC's false image. The committee provided us with a true champion and shattered the SEC myth. If not for the committee we would have seen Bama/FSU playing for the championship. 2 teams eliminated in the first rd. the only thing the polls are good for is determining the remaining bowl games

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick out the ones you think shouldn't be ranked. Who exactly are you replacing them with since this is an issue to you?
Northwestern bro!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, its a fact that Arkansas 2014 was better than Ohio State 2011. That's not my opinion.
2012 osu > 2015 arky

still not understand the argument though, I could care less what osu was ranked. My point being Akansas needs to prove itself.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TexASS fans are just mad that Mizzou is better than them now and in a better conference

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Computers, media and coaches polls provided us with error and built the SEC's false image. The committee provided us with a true champion and shattered the SEC myth. If not for the committee we would have seen Bama/FSU playing for the championship. 2 teams eliminated in the first rd. the only thing the polls are good for is determining the remaining bowl games

False image is a bit of an overstatement, you could make the same argument when USC beat Oklahoma in the '05 title. I have no problem with a playoff. I have issue with the teams being picked by a bunch of AD's. I also have an issue with that much power being given to 12 people. The weekly rankings are ridiculous as well. It is stupid, they say it is to be transparent, I think it makes them look dumb when they drastically change the 4 teams every week. Wait till the end of the year, name the teams that are truly in the running going into the last week of the season and just pick the teams.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False image is a bit of an overstatement, you could make the same argument when USC beat Oklahoma in the '05 title. I have no problem with a playoff. I have issue with the teams being picked by a bunch of AD's. I also have an issue with that much power being given to 12 people. The weekly rankings are ridiculous as well. It is stupid, they say it is to be transparent, I think it makes them look dumb when they drastically change the 4 teams every week. Wait till the end of the year, name the teams that are truly in the running going into the last week of the season and just pick the teams.
You could also make the case That the biased poll is the cause for the split natty with USC. The committee has exposed the SEC. The SEC was a product of polls. The committee crowns champions on the field which is how it should be

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokes on you fucker! Missouri was better than Texas when they left! Wait, what?
No. Jokes on you when Astros take a giant shit in the AL Playoffs.
:thumb: :bolt:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Jokes on you when Astros take a giant shit in the AL Playoffs.
:thumb: :bolt:

Get your licks in this year if we make it. The playoffs will be our home for a long time. One of the youngest teams in the majors have zero business in the playoffs. Kind of like your Cubs...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Bama and FSU would have rightly been the 2 that deserved to go, but Oregon instead of FSU really but people ignore SoS unless equal records or extreme.

Ohio St got in as a side effect. The playoffs weren't added for cases like them. They got in because they needed a 4th team for the format, not because they were a team with a legitimate claim at the #1 spot at the time. Some people are still pissed that Ohio St was even #4 to start with.

In a 4 team playoff - Ohio St deserved to be there over others IMO. But it's not as if they would have been screwed over last year if they didn't get to go. Ohio St was more deserving than Baylor/TCU, but not in the top 2.

They made the most of it, they were hot when it matter the most and when it counted. Alabama beat LSU when it mattered most in 2011 as well. That's football.

But to sit and act like somehow there was somehow justice served this year that wouldn't have been served otherwise is just bullshit. The season still matters here, and not all teams are as deserving of a spot.

And btw, I somehow doubt if Alabama had won the entire thing you'd be sitting here posting how last year completely validated the BCS system.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also make the case That the biased poll is the cause for the split natty with USC. The committee has exposed the SEC. The SEC was a product of polls. The committee crowns champions on the field which is how it should be

One year does not disprove the SEC did not deserve to be in the other games, although I agree the SEC would not have won 7 in a row if the playoffs were in tact. I think you are getting the impression I don't want the committee due to more SEC teams being in title games therefore winning more titles? We aren't on opposing sides. I like the idea of the playoffs with one true champion, and year one was a success. Everyone is happy right now, just like when the BCS first began. It will be the same until there is a team everyone feels should have been in, and it will be on the shoulders of 12 people who are AD's in conferences, pushing their own conferences and team's agendas.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bama and FSU would have rightly been the 2 that deserved to go, but Oregon instead of FSU really but people ignore SoS unless equal records or extreme.

Ohio St got in as a side effect. The playoffs weren't added for cases like them. They got in because they needed a 4th team for the format, not because they were a team with a legitimate claim at the #1 spot at the time. Some people are still pissed that Ohio St was even #4 to start with.

In a 4 team playoff - Ohio St deserved to be there over others IMO. But it's not as if they would have been screwed over last year if they didn't get to go. Ohio St was more deserving than Baylor/TCU, but not in the top 2.

They made the most of it, they were hot when it matter the most and when it counted. Alabama beat LSU when it mattered most in 2011 as well. That's football.

But to sit and act like somehow there was somehow justice served this year that wouldn't have been served otherwise is just bullshit. The season still matters here, and not all teams are as deserving of a spot.

And btw, I somehow doubt if Alabama had won the entire thing you'd be sitting here posting how last year completely validated the BCS system.
If we are accounting for SOS the PAC CCG should be the natty. Only the PAC beats the PAC. The conference us so tough they beat on each other every year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are accounting for SOS the PAC CCG should be the natty. Only the PAC beats the PAC. The conference us so tough they beat on each other every year
This year Northwestern and Texas A&M are helping you guys out

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year does not disprove the SEC did not deserve to be in the other games, although I agree the SEC would not have won 7 in a row if the playoffs were in tact. I think you are getting the impression I don't want the committee due to more SEC teams being in title games therefore winning more titles? We aren't on opposing sides. I like the idea of the playoffs with one true champion, and year one was a success. Everyone is happy right now, just like when the BCS first began. It will be the same until there is a team everyone feels should have been in, and it will be on the shoulders of 12 people who are AD's in conferences, pushing their own conferences and team's agendas.
It will be proven again this year. Now that we finally have a proper committee in place and removed biased polls from the equation