• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 10/3 Rockies @ Giants: Tim Hudson Ceremony

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting, for sure. The Giants have more than 40 guys they would like to keep, more than 25 guy on the roster than they can hold, but some clear needs. Not sure how much injuries have hurt the value of guys like Panik/Belt/Susac but I think one of them could be gone. Totally fine if it's Susac, Brown looks like a great backup and Posey can wait a few more years to see if Garcia is the deal.
I hate you.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had not read about the possibility of trading Oxy. How much value could he really have? Also, he'll be in the final year of his contract...would the thinking be "he won't accept a bench role, we have to trade him?"

Trading vets just isn't what the Giants do.

This is true but hopefully they are smart enough to change and adapt and do what needs to be done. The situation seems to call for some trades, so I trust they will do what needs to be done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had not read about the possibility of trading Oxy. How much value could he really have? Also, he'll be in the final year of his contract...would the thinking be "he won't accept a bench role, we have to trade him?"

Trading vets just isn't what the Giants do.
I never mentioned Oxy specifically, and have not heard that possibility anywhere but here.

But I certainly think it is possible. As far as the value that he has, I am not sure that is a big deal. Nothing against Oxy, I like him and he was a decent Giant, but I believe the team is stronger without him at this point. There is enough depth that the roster slot can be used more effectively elsewhere.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never mentioned Oxy specifically, and have not heard that possibility anywhere but here.

But I certainly think it is possible. As far as the value that he has, I am not sure that is a big deal. Nothing against Oxy, I like him and he was a decent Giant, but I believe the team is stronger without him at this point. There is enough depth that the roster slot can be used more effectively elsewhere.

Baggs mentioned off hand on twitter that he think the Giants will trade him