• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/10 - Is this Houston or London? I see cameras everywhere!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yastrzemski - cf
Dickerson - lf
Solano - 3b
Belt - 1b
Flores - dh
Crawford - ss
Slater - rf
Tromp - c
Dubon - 2b
Webb - p

Giants win a nailbiter - 9-8, behind multiple home runs by Kevin Gausman (Kapler makes another oops and replaces Flores with him, while trying to visit the mound . . . when Houston is on the field). There are reports of loud banging sounds but the commissioner's office reports that it was merely Oscar the Grouch warning people they were within 6 feet of his home. No one was able to confirm the rumors that Oscar had a striking resemblance to AJ Hinch).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading my future game recaps and I have this realization - I'm starting to sound like grabsumpinemeat. cal, you'll need to ban me if I start spamming the forum with random threads.

In more sane news, here is my ideal lineup from this team, based on who they have and how they are currently performing:
Solano - 2b
Ruf - dh
Slater - rf
Yastrzemski - cf
Flores - 1b
Tromp - c
Dickerson - lf
Longoria - 3b
Dubon - ss

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back (again)! We've had filo sightings, Robotech sightings and now a GPC2011 sighting! How have you been?

Still employed, which I remain shocked by given...yeah, sports media industry. So that's a win. Other than that, adjusting to life in Indianapolis

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will always have that grand slam
He was a Fresno State product so I was very much rooting for him, but man, those double plays he'd hit into. They were . . . so many!
By the way, did you know he went back to Japan and had a couple more good years there but hung it up in 2019 when he couldn't catch back on in the States?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a Fresno State product so I was very much rooting for him, but man, those double plays he'd hit into. They were . . . so many!
By the way, did you know he went back to Japan and had a couple more good years there but hung it up in 2019 when he couldn't catch back on in the States?
I felt really bad for him. He was a big Giants fan and WANTED it to workout so bad. I think he made too big a thing. I never felt any animosity towards the guy.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is life on your end?
Working from home, so I'm employed, which is good. But there are pluses and minuses to working from home. I'm grateful to spend more time at home for a while but don't want it to be permanent (or go too much longer). I enjoyed the part of the job getting to be around other people and miss that terribly.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working from home, so I'm employed, which is good. But there are pluses and minuses to working from home. I'm grateful to spend more time at home for a while but don't want it to be permanent (or go too much longer). I enjoyed the part of the job getting to be around other people and miss that terribly.

Back in the day, I was a stay at home dad for several years, and desperately wanted to get out and have an adult conversation about anything. I look back and think I was a fool (maybe still am), but there's nothing I wouldn't give to have any of those days back. The kids (my son is 31) grow up way too fast. Enjoy it while it lasts, LHG.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so badly managed and coached and we have like 18 coaches. Maybe 2 of them are worth a shit.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, at least the Astros' pitcher, Lance McCullers, Jr, is throwing a no-hitter. Something is exciting about this game.