• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10:14:15- Win or Go Home

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Hey! check out my spot-on impersonation of a pigeon!

Yeah. Spend the day telling me how Lackey had a better 2015 than Lester(with that being all that matters). Then say you'd probably take Lester. You aren't even bright enough to see how you contradict yourself. :L

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, dude-guy. From now on, I'll make sure to get your approval about what we discuss on the baseball threads. After all, I know that your opinion is very important to everyone.

Yes. Especially on yesterday's thread.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whos Winning
That all depends on if you're judging the debate that he and I both got into last Friday, or the dozen or so that he's unilaterally invented since.

All I said is that Lackey was the worst #1 starter on any of the playoff teams. Some teams have 2 pitchers better than Lackey. Some have 3 better than Lackey(hello Mets). Slinky can't seem to wrap his dumb ass around the fact that it's true.

This is also the reason I said the Cards were doomed and would get bounced early. And it was so. Slinky's only rebuttal was to call me "retarded" and "on ether"(which did hurt my feelings, by the way) and then to talk about how much I like Porcello. In other words, I'm playing Chess while he's playing checkers.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DirtDirtDirt

Here is a list of pitchers in the postseason this year. It is not in any order. Where do you put Lackey in this group?

1. Kershaw
2. Greinke
3. DeGrom
4. Syndergaard
5. Harvey
6. Arrieta
7. Lester
8. Price
9. Tanaka
10. Pineda
11. Hamels
12. Cueto
13. Cole
14. Kuechel
15. McHugh
16. Wacha
17. Liriano

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Spend the day telling me how Lackey had a better 2015 than Lester(with that being all that matters). Then say you'd probably take Lester. You aren't even bright enough to see how you contradict yourself. :L

Again, post a quote of mine or shut the fuck up. You're not fit to shine my shoes, boy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this had anything to do with our debate, but it's interesting anyway.

In 2015, I'd probably rank Lackey 8th among these pitchers. His ERA ranked 10th, and he pitched the 6th most innings.

Heading into the postseason, there's more to consider and it's more speculative. Performance down the stretch, postseason experience, post season success, and whatnot would all come into play.

Greinke, Lester, Hamels, Lackey and Wacha all have postseason experience and success. The rest of the group is either untested in October, or tested and found to be in varying degrees wanting.

Lackey was pretty dominant down the stretch and ranked 4th among these guys in September ERA. I know for sure that heading into the 2015 postseason,

Considering pitchers' 2015 numbers, Sept numbers and postseason experience/success, I would have taken Arrieta, Kershaw and Greinke ahead of Lackey hands down. I would have taken Lackey ahead of Tanaka, McHugh, Liriano, Pineda, Cueto and Wacha hands down. I think a discussion could be had between Lackey and any of the other eight pitchers on your list and there would be some tough decisions.

So without really putting any more thought into it, heading into the 2015 postseason I guess I would rank Lackey somewhere between 4th and 12th, but 4th seems to high and 12th too low for me. Ultimately I think I'd put him between 8th and 10th.

Here's my only post on the tread regarding where I'd rank Lackey heading into the post season. Never says anything about Lester above or below lackey. but go ahead and keep making shit up, grasping at straws because it's all you've got.

You're my new Ned Beatty.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, dude-guy. From now on, I'll make sure to get your approval about what we discuss on the baseball threads. After all, I know that your opinion is very important to everyone.
who's seeking approval?? not me, by all means keep slamming your dick in the door....youre this close to getting him to change his mind

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky's only rebuttal was to call me "retarded" and "on ether"(which did hurt my feelings, by the way).

For accuracy's sake, I think it's important to point out that those weren't nearly my only rebuttals, they were just the only rebuttals you were capable of understanding. Well, actually, I'm assuming you had to google "ether," but once you did, I think you'd probably have an idea of what it meant in this context.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's seeking approval?? not me, by all means keep slamming your dick in the door....youre this close to getting him to change his mind

I said I wanted your approval. Your opinion is super important to me. Really.

And it's not so much that I'm trying to change his mind as I am trying to get him to understand what we're debating.

Also, as far as slamming my dick in the door, it's actually a refreshing change of pace from slamming it in my desk drawer.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DirtDirtDirt

Here is a list of pitchers in the postseason this year. It is not in any order. Where do you put Lackey in this group?

1. Kershaw
2. Greinke
3. DeGrom
4. Syndergaard
5. Harvey
6. Arrieta
7. Lester
8. Price
9. Tanaka
10. Pineda
11. Hamels
12. Cueto
13. Cole
14. Kuechel
15. McHugh
16. Wacha
17. Liriano

I noticed you didn't list Gallardo. He was the game 1 starter for Texas. The original argument was about game 1 starters. You said yourself you would take Lackey over him...

I don't blame you for leaving him off your list...:dhd:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMGEEEEZE LOUISE, can we stop talking about the farquin Cardinals

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed you didn't list Gallardo. He was the game 1 starter for Texas. The original argument was about game 1 starters. You said yourself you would take Lackey over him...

I don't blame you for leaving him off your list...:dhd:

I already told you that Hamels was the #1 starter for TEX(and you know this), but they had to use him at the end of the season to clinch the division. And, yes, Lackey >>> Gallardo.