• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on the Talbot deal. It was more to have a veteran back up for Hart. They have a history and Hart is stoked to have him here. They can bring Talbot back on a lesser cap hit next year as a back up. with Nuevy and Elliott gone, they can give him 2 years at $2.5 - 3. Also, maybe Elliott can go for a pick now.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds is slowing down noticeably. He never had the greatest puck skills. His scoring touch seemed to come more as a result of being willing to do the dirty work and take the punishment than hand skills...not a knock, just an observation...when he gets hot it seems to snowball and his confidence goes up and everything he touches goes in...but I was hoping he would be dealt last year at the draft. (If you pay attention, you know this).

At this point, I am fearing that the Flyers over priced Simmonds and now they are stuck. The deadline is getting closer and closer and there are not a lot of contenders who will want him/need him to begin with.

As for being on 6 points behind the Penguins, they also trail in the tie breakers so even if the Flyers can catch the Penguins in points they will have to do it with all regulation wins while the Penguins can't pick up any overtime wins or points. It isn't impossible, but it sure isn't likely.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds is slowing down noticeably. He never had the greatest puck skills. His scoring touch seemed to come more as a result of being willing to do the dirty work and take the punishment than hand skills...not a knock, just an observation...when he gets hot it seems to snowball and his confidence goes up and everything he touches goes in...but I was hoping he would be dealt last year at the draft. (If you pay attention, you know this).

At this point, I am fearing that the Flyers over priced Simmonds and now they are stuck. The deadline is getting closer and closer and there are not a lot of contenders who will want him/need him to begin with.

As for being on 6 points behind the Penguins, they also trail in the tie breakers so even if the Flyers can catch the Penguins in points they will have to do it with all regulation wins while the Penguins can't pick up any overtime wins or points. It isn't impossible, but it sure isn't likely.
I agree somewhat on Simmonds but he'll still have some value. I'd definitely move him either way.

Also remember that it's not just the penqueens Columbus or Montreal can still fall...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simmonds will still have a ton of value. All the national writers are saying Nashville, TB, Boston, Winnipeg, and more will be interested. He's the most 'playoff hockey' hockey guy on the market. Panarin (if they trade him), Stone (if they trade him) are the only two wingers with more value than he has at the deadline. They'll get a good return for him still.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on the Talbot deal. It was more to have a veteran back up for Hart. They have a history and Hart is stoked to have him here. They can bring Talbot back on a lesser cap hit next year as a back up. with Nuevy and Elliott gone, they can give him 2 years at $2.5 - 3. Also, maybe Elliott can go for a pick now.
I agree 100% and the most important part is keeping the franchise goaltender happy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need to get rid of Simmonds at the deadline. We cant lose him for nothing. Dont forget there is also Buffalo and Carolina in between us and Pitt.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get rid of Simmonds at the deadline. We cant lose him for nothing. Dont forget there is also Buffalo and Carolina in between us and Pitt.
Buffalo is slumping. Very young team. I've been telling some buddies that they need to lose Housley and bring in Joel Q if we do not. They have a ton of talent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo is slumping. Very young team. I've been telling some buddies that they need to lose Housley and bring in Joel Q if we do not. They have a ton of talent.
Yes Buffalo is slumping but still has the same amount of points as we do plus a game in hand. Also you mentioned they have a ton of talent which if they put together a good 10 games they will be in right in the mix as we are.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Buffalo is slumping but still has the same amount of points as we do plus a game in hand. Also you mentioned they have a ton of talent which if they put together a good 10 games they will be in right in the mix as we are.
Housley is not the right coach for that roster, just my opinion. I can't even imagine what Lavi or Q could do for that team? They are loaded and underachieving. Pretty much like how we were with Haks.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Housley is not the right coach for that roster, just my opinion. I can't even imagine what Lavi or Q could do for that team? They are loaded and underachieving. Pretty much like how we were with Haks.
Haks and Lavi and Berube and we shall see about Gordon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brings up an interesting topic, what do you guys think it takes for Gordon to keep the job after this year?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gordon. I'm curious though what happens when the season ends? He brought this team to life. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision of thanks for filling in, goodbye, or, will be be given the full time gig? I'm confused on the rumors of Q agreed, but just wanted to sit out season to spend time with family?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillipe Myers looked good in his debut. Id like to see more of him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gordon. I'm curious though what happens when the season ends? He brought this team to life. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision of thanks for filling in, goodbye, or, will be be given the full time gig? I'm confused on the rumors of Q agreed, but just wanted to sit out season to spend time with family?
Remember when we went on that tear last season in the second half, snuck into the playoffs and everyone was in love with Haks.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add to this that I 100% wanted Q to coach this team. However, after thinking about this for some time, Gordon is much younger than Q and the team seems to be buying into him. Now onto Q, he is 60, does he still have that passion in him at his age? How much longer does he have to coach? He has his family and grandkids. Just a thought.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers summon Elliott from conditioning stint. Just came across my phone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add to this that I 100% wanted Q to coach this team. However, after thinking about this for some time, Gordon is much younger than Q and the team seems to be buying into him. Now onto Q, he is 60, does he still have that passion in him at his age? How much longer does he have to coach? He has his family and grandkids. Just a thought.

Trotz is 56 and what he's done with the Isles shows you how much of an impact great coaching can have. That roster has no business being in the playoffs let alone 1st in the Metro. Worst team in the league in goal prevention last year, best team this year. And they didn't add anyone of consequence. That's unbelievable coaching.

I'd hire Q in a heartbeat.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we went on that tear last season in the second half, snuck into the playoffs and everyone was in love with Haks.

Nope. I don't remember everyone being in love with Hak at any point beyond the first season of his tenure.