• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course this was in response to a choice of who would get traded out of the core. I want the whole core gone but like i said if there is a choice of someone to stay its Couts.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to Las's defense...Cout was a player that people told us would be a star 2 years ago with little on ice production outside the defensive stats that rarely show up. He finally took a step forward in point production last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to Las's defense...Cout was a player that people told us would be a star 2 years ago with little on ice production outside the defensive stats that rarely show up. He finally took a step forward in point production last year.
Not to mention AWAZ pointed out that Couts never did anything until he played with Gee. Its time to break up this team up.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to mention AWAZ pointed out that Couts never did anything until he played with Gee. Its time to break up this team up.

I wouldnt mind seeing the following:

Move 2 of 3 Voracek/JVR/Simmonds immediately
Fire the entire coaching staff
Remove the C and make someone earn it with new coach

The first task is probably a near impossible task, specifically Voracek and JVR

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading twitter's recap of the press conference.

- No new GM named. Hoping to hire one in 'weeks not months'. Holmgren made every indication it would be an outside hire and that Lombardi was not a candidate.

- New GM will make a decision on the coaching staff

- They’re fired Hextall because they want more results at the NHL level and they want them now. Hextall was unwilling to make changes, so he’s gone.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like the new GM will be expected to make moves to help the on ice product relatively quickly. Using all the assets at his disposal (picks/prospects).

That is both comforting and concerning. Hopefully they don’t go too crazy and get right back in to cap hell and a bare cupboard.

An addition or two to the nhl roster would be welcomed by me though. I just hope they don’t get rid of Hart, Frost, or Farabee to do so. Or if they do, it’s not all of them, and it’s a good return (young, cost controlled, high ceiling guys)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you all could guess, I’m a believer in this core of players. All the talk of them not accomplishing anything is overblown. For most of their tenure as ‘the core’ the team either sucked, or had a major flaw (goaltending most often) that prevented them from winning.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you all could guess, I’m a believer in this core of players. All the talk of them not accomplishing anything is overblown. For most of their tenure as ‘the core’ the team either sucked, or had a major flaw (goaltending most often) that prevented them from winning.
This is still the case except this time around the team sucks and the goaltending sucks at the same time. If we do nothing to change this with our only pieces that could bring something back in a trade is staying the same. We just move around the bottom 6 pieces like we have been doing for 5 years now and stay just on the outside of being good.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that keeps echoing in my mind after listening to the press conference was Holmgren saying he "may" act on a goalie before there is a new GM named. Well, that means he is currently acting as the GM and trying to do something that Hextall resented having to do last year which is find a real NHL goaltender and bring him in.

I got the feeling that the job was Lombardi's if he wanted it. For whatever reason he didn't. Whoever comes in would do well to give the head coach, either this one or whoever he brings in, full say in his assistants. Lumbering your head coach with a staff that he didn't pick is just wrong.

I personally want Craig Anderson from Ottawa as our goalie. He is signed for one more year. He could sheppard Hart into the NHL. He is a high character player. Yes, he too has had injury issues, but at this point, the options might be Mike Smith, Ben Bishop, Anderson, and (fill in the blank). What do all of them have in common? recent injury issues have made them at least appear expendable to the teams they are on. Oh for the Halcyon days of Martin Biron.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind seeing the following:

Move 2 of 3 Voracek/JVR/Simmonds immediately
Fire the entire coaching staff
Remove the C and make someone earn it with new coach

The first task is probably a near impossible task, specifically Voracek and JVR
Moving JVR is impossible. Jake i think teams would like to have him on their squad and would pay up to get him
I would think the coaching staff is gone after not winning a playoff series in years
Put the C on Couts or Prov if we keep them

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still the case except this time around the team sucks and the goaltending sucks at the same time. If we do nothing to change this with our only pieces that could bring something back in a trade is staying the same. We just move around the bottom 6 pieces like we have been doing for 5 years now and stay just on the outside of being good.

I think they’re a lot better than they have been. They’ve been held back by bad coaching and let down by awful goaltending.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they’re a lot better than they have been. They’ve been held back by bad coaching and let down by awful goaltending.
We at least its time for our annual December run and we win the month just to give ourselves the hope for the future only to be let down in April.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed they are close enough that a better goalie and maybe a few minor moves would give them a shot this year and an even better shot next year if they don't give up the house. I'm not against someone like Jake getting traded either but it better be a player for player or players deal just to change things up. Anderson wouldn't be a bad stop gap but I'd still like to see Stolarz given a good chance... or Lyon.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come back more often and see how you feel...