• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hello old friends...long time no see. just figured i'd check in and weigh in on this team, which is probably performing the same as when i last posted.

i see that the fire the coach brigade has begun. i'm just tired of that excuse at this point. this core of giroux and voracek will now be on what their 5th coach if hak is canned? I think I am OK with hak getting fired but I want it to coincide with a massive trade to shake up the core. no idea how to part with voraceks miserable contract though, thanks hexy!

could be argued that how do you really expect consistency on this team with what they put in net. it just seems to be a failure on all fronts per usual with no true long term plan other than "be good enough to keep people watching and sneak into the playoffs" so comcast doesnt come in and clean house.

we have one of the worst gm's in hockey history running the organization as president, a gm and coach who can't find the pulse of this team, and a fanbase that for the most part let's it slide and buys into the horse crap they feed you about the "prospects"

OK, great to be back! Hope I wasn't too negative! haha
Spice whats up pal! Glad to see your still out there! I agree 100% with everything said in your post.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading around, clear front runner for at least an interim GM title is Dean Lombardi. He was "doing some work" for them under Hextall as of last year. I think he's still in there somewhere.

Can't imagine they fired Hextall at this point in the season and think the coaching staff is doing a good job. That would be quite odd IMO. So surely they're going to go too?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading around, clear front runner for at least an interim GM title is Dean Lombardi. He was "doing some work" for them under Hextall as of last year. I think he's still in there somewhere.

Can't imagine they fired Hextall at this point in the season and think the coaching staff is doing a good job. That would be quite odd IMO. So surely they're going to go too?
This would make it an even better morning! :suds:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting couple of days here. Press conference at 11am tomorrow. I expect they'll have something on at least an interim GM basis. Even if it's just Holmgren taking over for the near term.

Would be pretty scary to see what he'd do with all the ammo Hextall has given him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they have to do now is get rid of the core and my Christmas has come early!!:nutswing:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting couple of days here. Press conference at 11am tomorrow. I expect they'll have something on at least an interim GM basis. Even if it's just Holmgren taking over for the near term.

Would be pretty scary to see what he'd do with all the ammo Hextall has given him.
I still dont see all this ammo the Hexy has provided. Unless your only talking about cap space.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm shocked that the GM went before our horrible coaching staff. What now? I'm not sure why some of you are so happy he is gone? He had a shorter leash imo than say Homer and Clarke who I thought were terrible GMs. Anyway, you got your wish.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they have to do now is get rid of the core and my Christmas has come early!!:nutswing:

Getting rid of the core increases the time it takes to win the cup las. Not going to get equal return for Giroux, Voracek, etc. The only teams looking for that are trying to win the cup, so the return will be future pieces (prospects and picks).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dont see all this ammo the Hexy has provided. Unless your only talking about cap space.

It's not just me that says he's acquired a lot of ammo. It's almost unanimous among hockey experts that the Flyers have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL, plus one of the brightest young groups in the NHL. That's a lot of ammo to work with.

Sure there are holes, and they might be lacking high end talent, but that doesn't mean all the other pieces aren't valuable.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm shocked that the GM went before our horrible coaching staff. What now? I'm not sure why some of you are so happy he is gone? He had a shorter leash imo than say Homer and Clarke who I thought were terrible GMs. Anyway, you got your wish.

Only thing that makes sense to me is that Hextall refused to fire Hakstol, or he refused to make a trade. You don't fire a GM mid-season because he had a bad off-season. There's something they want to change that Hextall refused to change.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say at this point is WOW

I can possibly see bringing in Lombardi...but I really don't think he is a long term answer other than the fact that he is available. I can see him making moves that go against the slow roasting prospects with the Phantoms that Hextall refused to do and I can see him shaking up the roster which Hextall also was slow to do.

Just don't trade picks and don't trade youth to try to fix this boat in mid stream. This year has become a rebuild.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just me that says he's acquired a lot of ammo. It's almost unanimous among hockey experts that the Flyers have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL, plus one of the brightest young groups in the NHL. That's a lot of ammo to work with.

Sure there are holes, and they might be lacking high end talent, but that doesn't mean all the other pieces aren't valuable.
If we are going to do a rebuild do a full rebuild something Hexy should've done in year 2 or 3. If he would've done that a couple years ago we have the team competing right now instead of getting blown out every few games. We aren't winning the cup with this core its a pattern year after year that we are a bottom playoff team or miss out.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall getting axed shouldn't be a surprise, bottom line is when he shipped out Mason, he just went and got another Mason in Elliott. What did he see 3 years ago where a viable goalie was not an option. These players knew damn well they were going no where with these goalies. Yea he picked up some good prospects but will they all pan out? His philosophy was wait for Hart to compete and that is just plain stupid. I hope our new GM bundles Simmonds and a bunch of picks for Bob or someone who can stop a puck after 5 straiggt go in.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Flyers have gotten discount toll cards for the North East Extension so they can start that shuttle up in earnest?

Anyone else think that the Carter Hart countdown might be starting a lot sooner than expected?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to do a rebuild do a full rebuild something Hexy should've done in year 2 or 3. If he would've done that a couple years ago we have the team competing right now instead of getting blown out every few games. We aren't winning the cup with this core its a pattern year after year that we are a bottom playoff team or miss out.

Ok then. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were asking for.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say at this point is WOW

I can possibly see bringing in Lombardi...but I really don't think he is a long term answer other than the fact that he is available. I can see him making moves that go against the slow roasting prospects with the Phantoms that Hextall refused to do and I can see him shaking up the roster which Hextall also was slow to do.

Just don't trade picks and don't trade youth to try to fix this boat in mid stream. This year has become a rebuild.

I think Hextall getting the boot tells us this year is NOT a rebuild. I expect to see a lot of shake up in the next couple days. Roster, coaching staff, I don't think anyone is safe. Including picks and prospects.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully go after Bob and or Panarin, maybe Nylander.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Flyers have gotten discount toll cards for the North East Extension so they can start that shuttle up in earnest?

Anyone else think that the Carter Hart countdown might be starting a lot sooner than expected?

If he was playing well in Lehigh Valley, I'd agree with that. But he's really not. I don't think he comes up at all this season unless there's a major turnaround.

Not concerned about him, lots of goalies need an adjustment period from juniors to pros. But I don't think he sees the Philadelphia ice this year.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok then. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were asking for.
I think that is what I was getting at earlier, it was just a flawed way of looking at it from the start. You either rebuild or you don't you can't have it both ways. All things considered though...Hexy may not have had the authority to make the big trade that would shake the core. I do not like Holmgren, he has done nothing positive for this organization.