• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what it is, but Hextall seems to love Neuvirth.

July 1, 2015 - Signed to a 3 year deal (despite playing only 32 games in 14-15 and just 15 games in 13-14)
March 1, 2017 - Signed a 2 year extenstion (despite having the worst sv% in the NHL and only playing 28 games)
Summer of 18 - Sticks with him as the split-time starter. (despite just 22 games last year)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me personally, Hextall just has/had a longer leash. By and large, I've really liked what's he done with this team. They've got a long of young players that are good, arguably the deepest prospect pool in the NHL, and almost $10M in cap space. When he took over they were over the cap, had 0 prospects, and Giroux/Voracek were about the only top 6/top 4 players on the team. He's done a fantastic job getting them this far.

I haven't liked Hakstol for over a year. He wore out his leash then, so he's still the drum I beat today.

Lappy wore out his leash 2 years ago for me, so more than anything he's got to be the first to go IMO.

But Hextall botched this offseason. And I say that as someone who likes the JvR signing. But the goaltending situation and PK situations are a complete failure on his part. Everyone knew they were question marks at the end of last season and to come in to this season having done absolutely nothing differently, was terrible mismanagement.

That being said, he has an opportunity to make corrections. He can make trades and he can fire coaches. The longer he waits to do so, the less leash he has. My worry is, he's giving the players and the coach a pass because Elliot and Neuvirth have been hurt most of the season so far. The reality is, they're going to be hurt most of this season, so he's got to get over that as an excuse. Can't let the season go by and just say 'well if we had healthy goalies we would've gone somewhere'
Our talent pool is deep but no superstars among them including on our big league team. So having a lot of mediocre players doesn't make a GM. Addressing all your weaknesses and learning to sign good free agents and learning how to make trades makes a good GM.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the goalies I simply meant it’s tough to fix TODAY, I agree they could have done more in the offseason. If we admit there’s no cup again this year, I at least want to make changes that put them in a position to win next year. If we address goaltending in the offseason next year, we can still fix the PK THIS YEAR. We can still bring up prospects to get playing time at 3C THIS YEAR. We can still bring up Myers THIS YEAR. We can still change coaching THIS YEAR. We can still make a trade to shake things up and send a message THIS YEAR.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what it is, but Hextall seems to love Neuvirth.

July 1, 2015 - Signed to a 3 year deal (despite playing only 32 games in 14-15 and just 15 games in 13-14)
March 1, 2017 - Signed a 2 year extenstion (despite having the worst sv% in the NHL and only playing 28 games)
Summer of 18 - Sticks with him as the split-time starter. (despite just 22 games last year)

I’m pretty sure resigning Neuvirth had to do with the expansion draft, didn’t it?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our talent pool is deep but no superstars among them including on our big league team. So having a lot of mediocre players doesn't make a GM. Addressing all your weaknesses and learning to sign good free agents and learning how to make trades makes a good GM.

Giroux is a superstar. You just don't like him.

And 'good GMs' come in different shapes and sizes. Taking a mediocre team with no cap space and no future and turning it in to a young team, with a bright future, and a lot of cap space, can make you a good GM. Good GM's can also inherit great teams and put the finishing touches on it to win a cup (a la Rutherford in Pittsburgh). Great GM's can do both. And honestly I don't have an example of a great GM. Maybe Lombardi while he was in LA? Rebuilt a bad team and won cups with them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure resigning Neuvirth had to do with the expansion draft, didn’t it?

People put that out there, but why 2 years if that were the case? And they protected Stolarz anyway. I guess having Neuvirth gave them a goalie that Vegas could select if they wanted to? But again, why 2 years if that were the case?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And 'good GMs' come in different shapes and sizes. Taking a mediocre team with no cap space and no future and turning it in to a young team, with a bright future, and a lot of cap space, can make you a good GM. Good GM's can also inherit great teams and put the finishing touches on it to win a cup (a la Rutherford in Pittsburgh). Great GM's can do both. And honestly I don't have an example of a great GM. Maybe Lombardi while he was in LA? Rebuilt a bad team and won cups with them.
Im taliking about our young players on the team Vets excluded

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People put that out there, but why 2 years if that were the case? And they protected Stolarz anyway. I guess having Neuvirth gave them a goalie that Vegas could select if they wanted to? But again, why 2 years if that were the case?

If they needed to sign Neuvirth in order to meet the goalie exposure requirements and he would only sign for two years, that would explain it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im taliking about our young players on the team Vets excluded

Ah, misinterpreted. That I don't have as much of an argument. I think Provorov could be, but he's not having a good season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is the bright future??? If you and Hexy keep looking through those rose colored glasses we will be in the exact same position for the next 10 years.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where is the bright future??? If you and Hexy keep looking through those rose colored glasses we will be in the exact same position for the next 10 years.

hello old friends...long time no see. just figured i'd check in and weigh in on this team, which is probably performing the same as when i last posted.

i see that the fire the coach brigade has begun. i'm just tired of that excuse at this point. this core of giroux and voracek will now be on what their 5th coach if hak is canned? I think I am OK with hak getting fired but I want it to coincide with a massive trade to shake up the core. no idea how to part with voraceks miserable contract though, thanks hexy!

could be argued that how do you really expect consistency on this team with what they put in net. it just seems to be a failure on all fronts per usual with no true long term plan other than "be good enough to keep people watching and sneak into the playoffs" so comcast doesnt come in and clean house.

we have one of the worst gm's in hockey history running the organization as president, a gm and coach who can't find the pulse of this team, and a fanbase that for the most part let's it slide and buys into the horse crap they feed you about the "prospects"

OK, great to be back! Hope I wasn't too negative! haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH shit. Hextall! Did not see that coming!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hello old friends...long time no see. just figured i'd check in and weigh in on this team, which is probably performing the same as when i last posted.

i see that the fire the coach brigade has begun. i'm just tired of that excuse at this point. this core of giroux and voracek will now be on what their 5th coach if hak is canned? I think I am OK with hak getting fired but I want it to coincide with a massive trade to shake up the core. no idea how to part with voraceks miserable contract though, thanks hexy!

could be argued that how do you really expect consistency on this team with what they put in net. it just seems to be a failure on all fronts per usual with no true long term plan other than "be good enough to keep people watching and sneak into the playoffs" so comcast doesnt come in and clean house.

we have one of the worst gm's in hockey history running the organization as president, a gm and coach who can't find the pulse of this team, and a fanbase that for the most part let's it slide and buys into the horse crap they feed you about the "prospects"

OK, great to be back! Hope I wasn't too negative! haha

Welcome back d! Good to see you!