• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do something Hextall. Even if it’s stupid, you gotta do something here.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, Hextall has been so wedded to his 5 year plan and not rushing the youth that he has ignored the day to day. Hakstol is not a bad coach, but he has never had a staff of his choosing.

There are just SO many things that need to be addressed...which is really a surprise. They looked so good in Preseason. Really thought this team would be a much better performer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall better be on the phone with Quennville

After that first period, yes. It was a classic case of you can't win a game in the first period, but you sure as hell can lose it.

I love the compete level in the second and third periods, but the start was just unacceptable and the Sabres capitalized on it perfectly. To be down 0-4 on a very late goal is extremely demoralizing and yes, we bounced back, but it's still not good enough.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having had a restless night and much of the morning to reflect on that sloppy turd the Flyers dropped last night I have to say that...something big has to be done. Not just Hakstol. I am talking roster big. If you are going to move Simmonds...do it. If you are looking at moving player X...do it.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to put Hart behind this team the way they are playing right now. It would ruin him. Simply getting a veteran goalie in here is not the solution. If it is the right goalie, it can't hurt, but it is not the solution. (I feel a fresh thread coming on)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'll say it, Hextall needs to pack his bags and head down the road, yea yea you did a good job securing some youth but lost focus on the team. You being an ex goalie couldn't see the BIGGEST weakness on this team staring you in the face? Come on man! Then you go out and spend all this money on a has been player who does absolutely very little for this team, If you're thought was to score more goals go after someone like Panarin. Hextall has proven he is not the right guy to manage this team, We need a new GM with a better vision then we have now. Not sure how good a coach Haks is, but if he goes to wont break my heart. Here's to your years as player and manager Hexy, but don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having had a restless night and much of the morning to reflect on that sloppy turd the Flyers dropped last night I have to say that...something big has to be done. Not just Hakstol. I am talking roster big. If you are going to move Simmonds...do it. If you are looking at moving player X...do it.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to put Hart behind this team the way they are playing right now. It would ruin him. Simply getting a veteran goalie in here is not the solution. If it is the right goalie, it can't hurt, but it is not the solution. (I feel a fresh thread coming on)
Yea I'm done blaming the players and coach, this all falls on Hextall, he didn't do shit to improve any of this teams weaknesses in the off season, we can always have flashes of good play but were never gonna be more than a .500 team, it's sad to be wasting some of the better players years for a plan that's going south quickly. #firehexy#

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually not 100% sure that Hextall has been given the free hand that Holmgren or Clarke had. There are times that the Flyers just don't seem to engage the way they did in the past. The passing of Ed Snider and the WIN NOW that he embodied has meant a gradual change in the organization and I think that we are seeing more how Corporate Flyers are going to act and respond.

Gritty

Everyone loves/loves to hate him. He is everywhere. The Flyers are making some serious bank on him. But the team remains mediocre. Snider would have lit Gritty on fire and rolled him down a hill to get a better 3rd line center, and Clarke would have lit the match for him.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually not 100% sure that Hextall has been given the free hand that Holmgren or Clarke had. There are times that the Flyers just don't seem to engage the way they did in the past. The passing of Ed Snider and the WIN NOW that he embodied has meant a gradual change in the organization and I think that we are seeing more how Corporate Flyers are going to act and respond.

Gritty

Everyone loves/loves to hate him. He is everywhere. The Flyers are making some serious bank on him. But the team remains mediocre. Snider would have lit Gritty on fire and rolled him down a hill to get a better 3rd line center, and Clarke would have lit the match for him.
I would do this if I could get a ticket to a game.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Friday Hockey!!
This is a Flyers Tradition NBC, not a Rangers' tradition.

I hope they show up and put up a fight. I hope they open strong. I hope they play hard in the corners and along the boards.

I'll be thankful if they don't get shelled.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Flyers will be facing Sparks for the Leafs tomorrow.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recorded the game and went on a winery tour, came home in a bit of a happy state all set for a blood letting.

Wow

I will say, todays' game shows that it is not the coach that is the issue. Why? The players all worked. There was little to no dogging on the back check. Provorov does not look right. I don't know if it's physical, mental or what...but something is off. Pickard battled, which is really what this team needs, Elliot when playing well is a battler.

Has anyone heard why Stolarz was called up?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm done blaming the players and coach, this all falls on Hextall, he didn't do shit to improve any of this teams weaknesses in the off season, we can always have flashes of good play but were never gonna be more than a .500 team, it's sad to be wasting some of the better players years for a plan that's going south quickly. #firehexy#

It's just a Jekyll and Hyde team right now. That's really not on Hextall. It's on the coaches and the leaders of this team. We're not the only playoff team (or even powerhouse) from last season caught in this funk either. Look at NJ and Pitt right below us in the standings.

Hexy brought in JvR, who was probably the second biggest star in free agency, and makes us forget about the awful JvR for Schenn trade. There really wasn't a huge upgrade in net available, so what did you want him to do? Trade the farm for an expensive, top flight goalie?

Some guys like Voracek, Provy and Ghost, that should pretty much be leading the charge for us, had forgotten how to be responsible defensively. Hopefully they are over this by now.

Also, some of our youngsters came out and looked like they had taken a step back from last year instead of forward. I'm talking about Patrick, Provy, Konecny and Lindblom mostly. Those ex-Wheat Kings can still produce a lot more, but the others are coming along.

I need to get caught up on the action here, but it's great to beat those bums from NY 4-0 yesterday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the issues with this team to date, G is actually slightly ahead of his torrid scoring pace from last season with 28 points in 22 games. That is 1.27 points per game and right on pace for 104 points in an 82 game season. This is pretty impressive considering our power play has been off a bit and subsequently his production in that area has fallen off some too.

This dude is turning 31 here shortly. Over the hill yet? I think not.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="wbon22, post: 12478325, member: 1370]

Has anyone heard why Stolarz was called up?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly Lyon has a minor injury or illness.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I watch college football and await tonights game I wonder....which Flyers team will show up?

I am fairly certain that the Leafs will show up. They will swarm the puck with speed and play a physical game. They will warm in the offensive zone. They will surrender scoring chances.

The Flyers? Who knows. If the same team that showed up yesterday shows up tonight...they have a chance. They didn't play a great overall game yesterday, but they played well enough. Against the Leafs that may not be good enough.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I watch college football and await tonights game I wonder....which Flyers team will show up?

I am fairly certain that the Leafs will show up. They will swarm the puck with speed and play a physical game. They will warm in the offensive zone. They will surrender scoring chances.

The Flyers? Who knows. If the same team that showed up yesterday shows up tonight...they have a chance. They didn't play a great overall game yesterday, but they played well enough. Against the Leafs that may not be good enough.

How do we say, the bad one?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just horrifying.
Mediocre performance from Pickard behind a horrible team effort.

This is time for changes...not just one, and not some 4th liner.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to have been the final straw.
Either behind the bench or on the ice...something has to happen, and again, I don't mean window dressing moving 4th liners around.

I mean a core player moved. I mean a new head coach and at least one if not two position coaches.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a Jekyll and Hyde team right now. That's really not on Hextall. It's on the coaches and the leaders of this team. We're not the only playoff team (or even powerhouse) from last season caught in this funk either. Look at NJ and Pitt right below us in the standings.

Hexy brought in JvR, who was probably the second biggest star in free agency, and makes us forget about the awful JvR for Schenn trade. There really wasn't a huge upgrade in net available, so what did you want him to do? Trade the farm for an expensive, top flight goalie?

Some guys like Voracek, Provy and Ghost, that should pretty much be leading the charge for us, had forgotten how to be responsible defensively. Hopefully they are over this by now.

Also, some of our youngsters came out and looked like they had taken a step back from last year instead of forward. I'm talking about Patrick, Provy, Konecny and Lindblom mostly. Those ex-Wheat Kings can still produce a lot more, but the others are coming along.

I need to get caught up on the action here, but it's great to beat those bums from NY 4-0 yesterday.
More Jekyll than Hyde. Hextal brought in JVR for what purpose? He adds very little to our rooster no matter how much you try to prop him up. Sorry he's a second tier player only. As far as goalies go, Gruebrower(sp) , Hutton, MAF, are all better than Elliott, and lets keep wondering why we gave 3 yrs to Nuevy. Yes this shit is on Hextall, From his moves he is def not interested in winning. This team is regressing fast and that's all on our GM.