• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coots is better defensively, but he's only produced offensively when with G. I think G's offensive talent more than makes up for his defensive shortcomings (in comparison to Coots, he's no slouch defensively, but Coots is one of the best).

Taking age (and contract if we wanted to go there) into account I'd take Coots all day, but age doesn't factor in to hockey talent/ability. One on one hockey game, I'm still taking G to win it every time.

I think Coots can do more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. That and age is a factor because Coots is still getting better in his relatively new role of top line center and top power play unit. We know what G is already, and that's not a bad thing, but his performance/production is already red lining.

Look at our last playoff push. Who carried us on one leg virtually the entire series?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coots can do more. This is just the tip of the iceberg. That and age is a factor because Coots is still getting better in his relatively new role of top line center and top power play unit. We know what G is already, and that's not a bad thing, but his performance/production is already red lining.

Look at our last playoff push. Who carried us on one leg virtually the entire series?

Age only factors when looking at the future, and I'd take Couturier over Giroux looking at it that way. Using the playoffs last year is a bit of a stretch. Couturier had two great games and everyone else played like crap for 6 games. He didn't really 'carry' them anywhere. They got crushed. If I have to win one game tonight, I'd take G over Couturier.

Coots has eclipsed 40 points, which is not that high of a bar, once in 7 seasons (includes lockout year). And it was when he played the entire season with Giroux. Taking out his first season where he only played half of it, Giroux has eclipsed 40 points in every season he's played (9/9, including the lockout). Couturier may be better defensively, even a lot better, but Giroux is on another planet offensively. He's had > 90 points in a season more times than Couturier has had > 40 point seasons. Giroux is criminally underrated nationally and by Flyers fans. He's one of the best players in the game and has been for most of his career. It's a shame he doesn't get that respect.

It probably/hopefully won't stay that way as he gets older and Couturier gets in to his prime years, but Giroux every time for me right now. It's not even that hard of a decision.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you say Coots can do more and is still growing. I agree with that, but that doesn't make him their best all around player tonight. Highest ceiling, sure. Will be their best all-around player in a season or two, sure. But right now, Giroux is their best all-around player because he brings so much more to the table offensively than Couturier can; it outshines Couturier's defensive superiority.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age only factors when looking at the future, and I'd take Couturier over Giroux looking at it that way. Using the playoffs last year is a bit of a stretch. Couturier had two great games and everyone else played like crap for 6 games. He didn't really 'carry' them anywhere. They got crushed. If I have to win one game tonight, I'd take G over Couturier.

Coots has eclipsed 40 points, which is not that high of a bar, once in 7 seasons (includes lockout year). And it was when he played the entire season with Giroux. Taking out his first season where he only played half of it, Giroux has eclipsed 40 points in every season he's played (9/9, including the lockout). Couturier may be better defensively, even a lot better, but Giroux is on another planet offensively. He's had > 90 points in a season more times than Couturier has had > 40 point seasons. Giroux is criminally underrated nationally and by Flyers fans. He's one of the best players in the game and has been for most of his career. It's a shame he doesn't get that respect.

It probably/hopefully won't stay that way as he gets older and Couturier gets in to his prime years, but Giroux every time for me right now. It's not even that hard of a decision.
NHL Player Ratings, NHL Player Rankings

Here is proof of your argument.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life as a Flyers fan is hard enough as it is. The Metropolitan Division is loaded with offensive weapons. You’ve got Crosby and Malkin and Kessel in Pittsburgh. You’ve got Ovechkin and Kuznetsov and Oshie in Washington. You have the reigning Hart Trophy winner Taylor Hall in New Jersey. You have reigning Calder Trophy winner Mat Barzal in Brooklyn. The past 3 Stanley Cup champions have all been from the Metro Division. The last thing this division needs right now is for the Carolina Hurricanes to take advantage of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ embarrassment of riches and take William Nylander off their hands because Toronto can’t afford to pay him.

Now obviously if Nylander ends up in Carolina, that means some pretty decent pieces are going back to Toronto. The Hurricanes already traded away Noah Hanifin over the summer so that would mean it’s either Jaccob Slavin or Justin Faulk that Toronto would be after in that deal. Which would be great to see either of those two guys out of here though I doubt the Canes would ever sign off on a trade that involves Slavin. But regardless, Carolina would then have Andrei Svechnikov, Sebastian Aho and William Nylander at their top line of the future. Right now Nylander is 22, Aho is 21 and Svechnikov is 18. That’s a line that would have 5-8 dominant years ahead of them. Fuuuuuuuck that. Like I said, life as a Flyers fan is hard enough as it is. If Kyle Dubas let’s the Hurricanes assemble one of the top lines of the future then I’ll have no other choice but to fight him.

16 days away from the Willy Deadline. At this point if you’re a Flyers fan, you should probably start hoping that neither side can come to an agreement and that Nylander has to sit out the rest of the season. Anything to keep him out of the division.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with Patrick tonight!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provorov not cracking the top 50 dmen is the biggest reason for the Flyers overall so-so play this season, IMO.

Agreed. I don't know what's up with him. He's playing fine, even good, defensively, but he and the puck are not getting along at all this season. His passes are off the mark and off the pace, and he's not even carrying the puck well.

The only thing that makes sense to me is, he let the offseason talk of him and Ghost being in the discussion for best young pairings go to his head. He tried to do too much in the first few games to live up to that, confidence got shot, and now he's scared to have the puck on his stick.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go Konecny this evening.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Provorov tonight. He needs a spark and tonight will be his night.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, lots of leaps in that post. If we lose game 19 and 20 the season is over. That's very doom and gloom for a team that's 5-1-1 in their last 7, getting a 30 goal scorer back in the lineup, and playing the team tied for 30th in the league.

The Bolts will be a tough test on Saturday, but tap the brakes SF!
Lol I am man, I was in a rush as always and should've added more to my post, The point I was trying to get at was the Debbies and the Lightning are 2 of the better teams so I'm saying if we lose it looks like teams like Carolina, Ott etc are about our real compete level. Also I still have to wonder why Haks is even here, his style doesn't fit this team at all, I know I can't be the only one seeing this? If we split or go like 3-3 in our next six, it makes it worse IMO to be rid of Haks, will Quinneville be around that long?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get an extra inch added to the net.....

Damn, devils might want to sign the post to a contract.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sucks.
6 goal posts
Simmer missing a wide open net
Disallowed goal

Hopefully this teams bad luck is coming to an end

Oh ya and ANOTHER goalie goes down

Bring up Lyon or hand the keys to Hart

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sucks.
6 goal posts
Simmer missing a wide open net
Disallowed goal

Hopefully this teams bad luck is coming to an end

Oh ya and ANOTHER goalie goes down

Bring up Lyon or hand the keys to Hart

Yep. Last night they deserved to win. Dominated all the fancy stats, but couldn't find the back of the net :L

Pretty concerned about Elliot. He was playing extremely well, but that did not look good.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott is done, even if he comes back later in the year he wont help much. I agree with Raptor, it's time for Lyon, Hart or Stolarz to become our true number 1, Pickard will not be a le to handle it, he's still pretty green too.