• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with me? If prefer the offer sheet and not lose our young dmen. We can get a pick by trading someone to make room for Nylander.

Yep, I do. The future cap gets a little murky if you commit 7x7 to Nylander, but he's a good player and will be effective. If it comes at the expense of being able to sign some guys in the future, I still think it's worth it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all three of you talking about Nylander: Go out and get him and worry where the chips fall later. You can replace Sanheim + with Meyers and Frost. Ghost is a different story but if we can get someone 22 years old with skill i say go get him. We cant just keep putting out the same team that was one and done last season. I say shake it up, all other teams are getting younger and better than what we have right now. At least make a play for him.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for Elliot in the first two periods that game would've been a blow out last night. The competition we faced last night was much better than what we have seen from anyone in our little winning streak. Cant play 20 minutes and expect to win against good teams.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all three of you talking about Nylander: Go out and get him and worry where the chips fall later. You can replace Sanheim + with Meyers and Frost. Ghost is a different story but if we can get someone 22 years old with skill i say go get him. We cant just keep putting out the same team that was one and done last season. I say shake it up, all other teams are getting younger and better than what we have right now. At least make a play for him.

I would do the offer sheet, or if they'd take offense instead via trade. I think the Flyers need Ghost, Provorov, Sanheim, and Myers to anchor the defense. If/when those guys are all on the team and start reaching their potential, they're going to be the envy of the league on defense.

Even this season, they have more depth up front than they do on defense. Trading defense for offense right now doesn't make sense to me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do the offer sheet, or if they'd take offense instead via trade. I think the Flyers need Ghost, Provorov, Sanheim, and Myers to anchor the defense. If/when those guys are all on the team and start reaching their potential, they're going to be the envy of the league on defense.

Even this season, they have more depth up front than they do on defense. Trading defense for offense right now doesn't make sense to me.
I think since Gudas has learned to play as one of our best defensemen and Frolin is showing we dont have to worry about a bottom pair i think we may be able to do a defense for forward trade without losing much even if its Sanheim plus or Meyers plus. Ghost straight up may even be possible because hes pretty much an offense only player and since hes the defensive anchor of the 30th best PP in the league why not. Gee and Jake arent getting any younger and although they havent showed it they may be getting some injuries as they get older.

This is all speculation of course since we have our own RFAs to sign.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think the 3rd period last night was a glimpse of the Flyers potential if they played a different 'system'. Hak clearly loosened the shackles and let the defense activate. Hagg and Sanheim were especially noticeable pinching down. Ghost is always more aggressive.

They can play like that, and if they make smart reads, they can overwhelm teams. If it wasn't for Luongo they might have had 3-4 goals in the 3rd last night.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think the 3rd period last night was a glimpse of the Flyers potential if they played a different 'system'. Hak clearly loosened the shackles and let the defense activate. Hagg and Sanheim were especially noticeable pinching down. Ghost is always more aggressive.

They can play like that, and if they make smart reads, they can overwhelm teams. If it wasn't for Luongo they might have had 3-4 goals in the 3rd last night.
Haks only makes adjustments when hes desperate and in no way will he change his system to the third period style of last night so that leaves us back to where we started before the Florida game last night. We have to ride or die with Haks until Hexy wakes up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division is so close one loss and we are back in 5th place. We need to beat teams in our own division that will be a huge difference maker towards the end.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats that stood out last night:

Patrick Weal and Laughtion combined for 25 faceoff wins and 6 losses
Elliot .933 save %
Team 30 hits
0 PP goals scored and 1 given up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like JvR back in tomorrow. And somewhat surprisingly, Lethera to the press box.

JvR-Weal-Simmonds
Weise-Laughton-NAK

for the bottom 6. Interesting. Takes Lehtera off the PK which can't be bad.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's mostly the stars are underperforming last year's bar (except Giroux) and the kids are overperforming last year's bar. Almost to an even extent. Hence a very similar team. That is both encouraging and disappointing haha
:pound::pound::pound:Truth

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that we may be able to get Nylander by offer sheet and not give up those pieces. I would at least try. The Leafs will be in a difficult situation to match because of cap issues and need to extend players they currently have that are due for new contracts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him on the 1st right away.

He practiced with the first unit today. So did Voracek.

1st: Giroux, Ghost, Voracek, Couturier, JvR
2nd: Weal, Provorov, Simmonds, Konecny, Patrick

Personally I think Sanheim should be there instead of Provorov. Sanheim, IMO, is a better puck carrier and zone entry guy.