• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott is done, even if he comes back later in the year he wont help much. I agree with Raptor, it's time for Lyon, Hart or Stolarz to become our true number 1, Pickard will not be a le to handle it, he's still pretty green too.

Ya, don't really have much choice at this point haha. I'm sure Lyon and Pickard will be the two goalies now, we'll see how it goes.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, don't really have much choice at this point haha. I'm sure Lyon and Pickard will be the two goalies now, we'll see how it goes.
And unfortunately it wont get any better cause were out of options lol. There wont be a hot goalie availible at the trade deadline either. Well I guess we've been waiting for the future so here we are, lets see what we have.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age only factors when looking at the future, and I'd take Couturier over Giroux looking at it that way. Using the playoffs last year is a bit of a stretch. Couturier had two great games and everyone else played like crap for 6 games. He didn't really 'carry' them anywhere. They got crushed. If I have to win one game tonight, I'd take G over Couturier.

Coots has eclipsed 40 points, which is not that high of a bar, once in 7 seasons (includes lockout year). And it was when he played the entire season with Giroux. Taking out his first season where he only played half of it, Giroux has eclipsed 40 points in every season he's played (9/9, including the lockout). Couturier may be better defensively, even a lot better, but Giroux is on another planet offensively. He's had > 90 points in a season more times than Couturier has had > 40 point seasons. Giroux is criminally underrated nationally and by Flyers fans. He's one of the best players in the game and has been for most of his career. It's a shame he doesn't get that respect.

It probably/hopefully won't stay that way as he gets older and Couturier gets in to his prime years, but Giroux every time for me right now. It's not even that hard of a decision.

I think he gets that respect, at least from me. My biggest complaint is his lack of leadership, and I'm just basing that off of the actions of this team, he is their Captain, so as the Captain goes, the ship goes IMO. He has been an incredible player on a mediocre Flyers team year in and year out. At this point I would not be mad at him to pull a Bourque and go somewhere he can put his name on a cup, he deserves that. Would love it to be here but IMO the stage this team is at we are still a ways off unless some major moves are made.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why JVR didn't play last night?
Lol I wish this stupid coach would award the players who are contributing game in and game out. Our third line should be Laugten, Lindblom, Weal.
and our forth should be Weise, Lehtera, Knuble or Simmonds.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Last night they deserved to win. Dominated all the fancy stats, but couldn't find the back of the net :L

Pretty concerned about Elliot. He was playing extremely well, but that did not look good.
Could you please explain what fancy stats we dominated in?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I wish this stupid coach would award the players who are contributing game in and game out. Our third line should be Laugten, Lindblom, Weal.
and our forth should be Weise, Lehtera, Knuble or Simmonds.
Oh that's right i remember now i did see him. He was the one who got our only goal called back.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pick anyone for first goal yesterday. Does that mean i got it right?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

If that's what it takes for us to win a cup ill be glad to sit on the bench in that competition.
Yea we'll give you a magic wand to wave to. If that doesn't work you can impale Gritty with it for entertainment purposes, you know a good Philly crowd would love a sacrifice at center ice.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3