• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about Carter Hutton 3 years 8.5 million that would've taken us right into the Hart era but instead we get Pickard

Honestly, I don't think Hutton is much of an upgrade over Elliot. I think they're basically the same goalie. Journeymen that thrived splitting time in a defensive system. We'll see how he does in Buffalo as the #1 guy. So far he's 3-4 with a .909 sv% and a 3.09 gaa. Elliot is just as capable of that, he was better than that last season.

Maybe you sign him to split time with Elliot and find a place to stash Neuvirth. I'd be on board with that I guess, but I'm not losing sleep over that. I expect Lyon, Stolarz, or Hart to be splitting time with Eliot by the end of the year anyway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think Hutton is much of an upgrade over Elliot. I think they're basically the same goalie. Journeymen that thrived splitting time in a defensive system. We'll see how he does in Buffalo as the #1 guy. So far he's 3-4 with a .909 sv% and a 3.09 gaa. Elliot is just as capable of that, he was better than that last season.

Maybe you sign him to split time with Elliot and find a place to stash Neuvirth. I'd be on board with that I guess, but I'm not losing sleep over that. I expect Lyon, Stolarz, or Hart to be splitting time with Eliot by the end of the year anyway.
Elliots save percentage is .882. I could put a cone in the net and it would have a better save percentage

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which (if any) of these coaches would you be interested in if they were fired, to possibly replace Hakstol if the Flyers can't turn it around in the next 10 games or so? Anyone else not currently under NHL contract who intrigues you? I don't see anyone currently in the Flyers' system who I would be interested in.

John Tortorella - Columbus
John Stevens - LA
Todd McLellan - Edm
Mike Yeo - St Louis
Jeff Blashill - Detroit

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliots save percentage is .882. I could put a cone in the net and it would have a better save percentage

I don't love Elliot and agree they need an upgrade in net if they want to go anywhere. I just don't think Hutton is much of an upgrade.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which (if any) of these coaches would you be interested in if they were fired, to possibly replace Hakstol if the Flyers can't turn it around in the next 10 games or so? Anyone else not currently under NHL contract who intrigues you? I don't see anyone currently in the Flyers' system who I would be interested in.

John Stevens - LA
Todd McLellan - Edm
Mike Yeo - St Louis
Jeff Blashill - Detroit
I wish Lavi never left. Makes me wonder how he and Hextall would do working together?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Stevens - LA
Todd McLellan - Edm
Mike Yeo - St Louis
Jeff Blashill - Detroit
Ill go with John Stevens for a second time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Lavi never left. Makes me wonder how he and Hextall would do working together?
Same things that are putting Haks on the hot seat is why Lavi was fired. No consistency no complete games and bad starts to the season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did. He got claimed on waivers. Can only keep 23 guys on the roster, gotta send some guys through waivers.

Did not know this.......

Thank you Sir!!!!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Stevens - LA
Todd McLellan - Edm
Mike Yeo - St Louis
Jeff Blashill - Detroit

I would like them to try and pry D J Smith from the Leafs
Assistant coach to Boughner for Spitfire memorial cup wins.
Coached Oshawa to Memorial Cup
If anyone has ever seen him on bench,let's just say he's vocal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never sure who I want to replace coaches. It's tough for me to get a good idea of what a coach is about without watching his games. I don't watch a whole lot outside of the Flyers, Phantoms, and the WJC. At least until the playoffs.

But the main things I want to see from a hypothetical new coach:
1. An offense that gets to the slot instead of relying so heavily on point shots.
2. A PK that is aggressive in their own zone, not just in the neutral zone.
3. Shows some energy sometimes. I think Hak being a statue gets a little overblown, but every once in a while I'd like to see some energy from the coach. Even if it's a post-game press conference that isn't all rainbows and butterflies.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what do you guys think we get tonight?

I'm thinking the Bruins score first. And second. Flyers get one back sometime in the 2nd period, Bruins tack on an empty netter and win 3-1.

Alternatively,

I'm thinking the Bruins score first, the Flyers abandon structure and lose 7-5.

Either could happen and I would not be surprised. The Flyers could even win, but i'm not optimistic.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins win tonight 5-2. I'm taking Cooter for the first goal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never sure who I want to replace coaches. It's tough for me to get a good idea of what a coach is about without watching his games. I don't watch a whole lot outside of the Flyers, Phantoms, and the WJC. At least until the playoffs.

But the main things I want to see from a hypothetical new coach:
1. An offense that gets to the slot instead of relying so heavily on point shots.
2. A PK that is aggressive in their own zone, not just in the neutral zone.
3. Shows some energy sometimes. I think Hak being a statue gets a little overblown, but every once in a while I'd like to see some energy from the coach. Even if it's a post-game press conference that isn't all rainbows and butterflies.
If we only had the players to do 1 and 2 we'd be much better off. The team that was created in the last 4 years is not built that way. Most of our skilled players never get near the slot area and our PK is just plain embarrassing

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking the Bruins score first. And second. Flyers get one back sometime in the 2nd period, Bruins tack on an empty netter and win 3-1.

Alternatively,

Either could happen and I would not be surprised. The Flyers could even win, but i'm not optimistic.
I will go with a 5-4 flyers win. They score first, we go ahead 4-1 and let them back in the game late

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alternatively,

Can I go with two and a Marchand ass beating?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers will win tonight keeping in line with the inability to read them
Couts scores first