• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-5.the good thing is they're o
I have been a Flyers fan nearly as long as there have been an organization called the Philadelphia Flyers. I can not remember, even in the early, PRE Bullies period, a core group that is consistently not ready to start games. This is over three coaches.

WTF

And people keep saying that Simmonds is the soul of the team. Well, that's a problem. He is streaky, moody and makes selfish plays and takes selfish penalties. Can he be a good productive player, sure, but don't try to build around him...oh wait. DOH

I don't know other than wear and tear what has happened to G's game, but he is too busy trying to be a highlight real player instead of being an effective player.

Where is the fuse...I'm ready to light it...and we aren't even out of October.

I know Hexy is against it,but I think they need to get some new blood via a trade,and shake things up.
Seems too many guys are content to play like shit most nights.
I think trading Simmonds or Voracek would show the rest of them that not too many guys are safe.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, it's been 7-8 years in a row where we were at .500 or worse through the first two months of the season and this one is looking no different. This has become the culture of the team and it's rather alarming. Add to that the slow starts in games. We've been giving up the first goal often for awhile now and I believe still lead the league in first period goals against.

It's difficult to always be trailing in games and having to fight from behind. We quickly get their crowd in it on the road and lose the support of ours on home ice.

That and it's also tough to make the playoffs all of the time when we're always trailing by a fair amount through the first 20% of the season. This is why we're in one year and out the next, over and over.

We won 10 in a row one year only to miss the playoffs and lost 10 in a row another only to make the playoffs. We're just wildly inconsistent here and as a loyal fan, it often makes you want to pull your hair out or take up alcoholism.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they get it together and have enough talent to make a playoff run towards the second half as per usual if not Hexy better have a plan.

One of the off-season moves we made that I still don't understand was letting Martel walk......

That kid was like lightning in a bottle. Every time I watched him on the ice he was hustling his ass off.

I don't know, maybe he had too much energy........

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the off-season moves we made that I still don't understand was letting Martel walk......

That kid was like lightning in a bottle. Every time I watched him on the ice he was hustling his ass off.

Eh. I'm not to worried about Martel. He hasn't played a game for the Lightning either. He's a 'quad A' player. Probably too good for the AHL, but not good enough for the NHL. He's got some skill, no doubt, but at 5'8 he's not a good enough skater to make a difference every night. The Bolts see that now too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping playing the Bruins, and the bad blood some of the players have for each other, gets them going tomorrow.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Hexy is against it,but I think they need to get some new blood via a trade,and shake things up.
I think trading Simmonds or Voracek would show the rest of them that not too many guys are safe.
Jake is having a good year and had a good one last year, he does take a few nights off but he plays well most of the time. I hope Simmer keeps it up cause his trade value will be high come trade time. Yea I think maybe a shake up will do some but not enough right now. The other problem is all the trade clauses these guys have.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we are going to trade Jake and Simmonds might as well also trade Gee and get rid of the whole core at once. Then we can put the C on Prov and go from there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im with you. I dont understand a lot of the moves Hexy has made

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm not to worried about Martel. He hasn't played a game for the Lightning either. He's a 'quad A' player. Probably too good for the AHL, but not good enough for the NHL. He's got some skill, no doubt, but at 5'8 he's not a good enough skater to make a difference every night. The Bolts see that now too.
Martel is on a 1 year 715K deal we have 9 million in cap space doing absolutely nothing this season. Why would we not sign Martel for the season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake is having a good year and had a good one last year, he does take a few nights off but he plays well most of the time. I hope Simmer keeps it up cause his trade value will be high come trade time. Yea I think maybe a shake up will do some but not enough right now. The other problem is all the trade clauses these guys have.
I say if we are in the same spot in a couple of months clean house. I personally dont think we will be though. I think this team gets it going soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martel is on a 1 year 715K deal we have 9 million in cap space doing absolutely nothing this season. Why would we not sign Martel for the season.

We did. He got claimed on waivers. Can only keep 23 guys on the roster, gotta send some guys through waivers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say if we are in the same spot in a couple of months clean house. I personally dont think we will be though. I think this team gets it going soon.

Who has hacked las' account!? What is this positivity and patience! :lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize we had bad blood with the Bruins.

Eh. Everybody has bad blood with the Bruins. His name is Brad Marchand.