• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game on Saturday was so enjoyable to watch. I hope the boys keep it rolling tonight and not ruin my good feeling about this squad.
Well if you haven't supplied your liquor cabinet for the season then you better pick something up on the way home.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another take away from Saturdays game: Nobody around Gudas and he trips and falls and loses the puck . Same thing has happened to MacDonald leading to a goal and Folin leading to a goal. Why cant our defensemen stand up when nobody is near them?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another take away from Saturdays game: Nobody around Gudas and he trips and falls and loses the puck . Same thing has happened to MacDonald leading to a goal and Folin leading to a goal. Why cant our defensemen stand up when nobody is near them?
Doing shots between periods (for nerves)?:noidea:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were playing videos of all the trip turnovers during intermission one.....
The would photo shop Gritty in tripping the guys....it was funny as hell.

I don't think Gudas don't likes Gritty tho.....the 2 times he went near Gritty Gudas threatened him....:lol:

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll take G tonight!!!!!

Friggin have to watch this one at work.....dammit...

Oh well, someone has to do it.....:lol:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah tonight just proves the Flyers are a second tier team that will show a few flashes here and there throughout the season.
Hard to say logically they should be better than last year as the younger guys are gaining in experience. But nothing is guaranteed hopefully goaltending isn't their downfall or slow starts...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say logically they should be better than last year as the younger guys are gaining in experience. But nothing is guaranteed hopefully goaltending isn't their downfall or slow starts...
IMO consistency has been the biggest issue for the last 5 plus seasons, we always are lacking somewhere and the fixes are never permenent, like where are goalie situation is, how many of these players are here by the time Hart is a stud or if he's one. Where is the PK fux we desperately needed. We bolstered our 3rd line and that"s basically it. IDK it seems the same circle all the time.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO consistency has been the biggest issue for the last 5 plus seasons, we always are lacking somewhere and the fixes are never permenent, like where are goalie situation is, how many of these players are here by the time Hart is a stud or if he's one. Where is the PK fux we desperately needed. We bolstered our 3rd line and that"s basically it. IDK it seems the same circle all the time.
I think that you are correct on consistency they are either super hot or super cold sometimes for a period or 10 games. It's quite baffling. I know that it's asking to much to be firing on all cylinders all of the time but....

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever they put up a couple of goals early, they go balls to the wall.
But every time they have gotten behind its as if they just coast to get the game over. They play flat, with no energy at all.
Maybe some days the water is spiked with 5 hour energy drink and other days not so much.....idk
It's the most fucked up I've seen. Hell asking for them to string a couple wins is a stretch.....it would be nice to see them string a couple of worth while periods together.

This shit is just fubar.....

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever they put up a couple of goals early, they go balls to the wall.
But every time they have gotten behind its as if they just coast to get the game over. They play flat, with no energy at all.
Maybe some days the water is spiked with 5 hour energy drink and other days not so much.....idk
It's the most fucked up I've seen. Hell asking for them to string a couple wins is a stretch.....it would be nice to see them string a couple of worth while periods together.

This shit is just fubar.....
I think the biggest problem is all the hype that we've heard is a little misleading. All we have heard for the last three years is how deep and talented our talent pool is, when truth be told there are a few diamonds and way more Zirconia's. Why haven't we seen Frost yet? IDK this teams whole issue is lack of consistent play, coaching and waiting for the second coming of Christ!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is there was a 10 minute or so stretch after the Avs scored the 3rd goal where the Flyers looked unstoppable. Shift after shifter in the Avs zone creating scoring chances. Only one got scored, but if they could play even 30-40 minutes of a game like that consistently, they'd be a force. Is it the makeup of the team that just doesn't get charged up until December and they have to claw and scratch their way to the playoffs? I just don't understand it.

Another game with some bright spots though. Sanheim looked great. Provorov actually looked good with the puck for the first time this season. Patrick looked good and has potted one in two straight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency starts with leadership and since its been 5 years and its the same leaders its hard not to put it on them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest problem is all the hype that we've heard is a little misleading. All we have heard for the last three years is how deep and talented our talent pool is, when truth be told there are a few diamonds and way more Zirconia's. Why haven't we seen Frost yet? IDK this teams whole issue is lack of consistent play, coaching and waiting for the second coming of Christ!
We tend to over evaluate our prospects on this board and in one of your posts you mentioned how many players will be here when Hart is great. Id only say a few like TK and Prov to name some.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is there was a 10 minute or so stretch after the Avs scored the 3rd goal where the Flyers looked unstoppable. Shift after shifter in the Avs zone creating scoring chances. Only one got scored, but if they could play even 30-40 minutes of a game like that consistently, they'd be a force. Is it the makeup of the team that just doesn't get charged up until December and they have to claw and scratch their way to the playoffs? I just don't understand it.

Another game with some bright spots though. Sanheim looked great. Provorov actually looked good with the puck for the first time this season. Patrick looked good and has potted one in two straight.
I wouldn't go off the rails on this game as it wasn't so bad. We played a very good team and lost by a couple. Like you said here there were times we dominated and times they did. They just made their chances count because we dont know how to cover anyone in the high slot. I think with this team we are in the same position as last season as we didn't fix any of the problems we had last season. Playoff bubble team or 1st round and out.