• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings Series Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called experts were mocking the hiring of Darryl Sutter, but he's taking AV to the cleaners as far as strategy and making adjustments are concerned. Since Sutter took over as head coach, the Kings and Canucks have played six games:

LA is 5-1 and the Canucks have scored a total of 8 goals in the six games...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup he didnt have to do any of that ... the refs arm went up for the penalty on the first cross check from mitchell

/i see know one is roasting Justin Williams for his dive just a couple minutes before this happened

That was bad too, no doubt.

Just haven't found a video/gif of it yet but if I do, I'll post it if others don't...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called experts were mocking the hiring of Darryl Sutter, but he's taking AV to the cleaners as far as strategy and making adjustments are concerned. Since Sutter took over as head coach, the Kings and Canucks have played six games:

yup like you said ... he's a better coach than he is a gm

but i debate the bold part though ... its on the players ... Av will take the fall (as will Newell Brown and prob the rest of the staff), but the players arent executing

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team has imploded since game 3 of the Finals. its like they picked up where they left off last year. how do they go from the team they were all season to this, WTF happened to them. although I didn't think they were the best in the league even if the won the presidents and they were mainly inconsistent in how they played

certainly out coached...... AGAIN

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but maybe Daniel going out fucked everything all up?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it isnt everything but fact is they are not deep in skill ... when Daniel goes out all other lines get fucked up in terms of their makeup ... lapierre on the first line??? there has been no better option :L

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think it affected an already dying PP at most. we went 8-1 without him in the regular season. for us to fall apart like this is more about just Daniel to me.

our fucking media in Vancouver are walking around the city asking people what do the canucks need to do to get back in the series..

We need Daniel
Get Daniel back in the lineup....
Daniel will help

holy fuck the guy has a concussion its not like he's on vacation and is missing games on purpose....

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone list for me the ways AV has been blatantly outcoached ... sound like rehashed PJ Stock type rhetoric to me

Kings roster poses a matchup problem and with key players not executing ... what are you going to do? Can AV prevent Hamhuis from falling at the blue line on the pp in game 2? put someone else there instead? who? Chris Tanev who cant break a pane of glass with a shot? or play Edler who looks like all he wants to do is break panes of glass with his missed shots?

its a matchup problem plain and simple ... presidents trophy or not

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...team-cant-beat-7-game-series.html#post1583346

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a tough series, but I didn't think the Kings had this kind of game in them. Sorry Dave and HI, but I would have bet heavily that the results would have been the opposite so far.

:L

no worries. Even I have my doubts, even more so at the end of the reg season when they lost the last 2 to SJ, losing the title to Phx AND drawing the no. 1 seed as their 1st rnd opponent.

Vancouver has been at, or near the top, all season long in the standings; and if you hadn't noticed the Kings sucking ass this season, then you weren't paying attention. But looking at last 21 games of the western conference has opened my eyes to a whole new appreciation for how good this Kings team really is right now.

Looking first at the stretch drive, the 8 teams to secure a seeding 1 thru 8 ended their seasons very differently. Ranking them by winning percentages, and records through their last 21 games to see who's ready for the playoffs, we see that the Kings actually ranked pretty damn good.

Winning Percentage

1. Los Angeles - 13-5-3 (72.2%)

2. Chicago -12-5-4 (70.5%)

T3. Vancouver - 12-6-3 (66.6%)

T3. St.Louis - 12-6-3 (66.6%)

5. Nashville - 13-7-1 (65.0%)

6. Phoenix - 11-6-4 (64.7%)

7. San Jose - 11-7-3 (61.1%)

8. Detroit - 7-10-4 (41.1%)

How are they doing offensively? Can they score?

This is how the 8 Western Conference teams did offensively down the stretch, and where they ranked.

1. Nashville - 67 GF

2. Los Angeles - 65 GF

3. Detroit - 57 GF

4. Chicago - 56 GF

T5. St.Louis - 55 GF

T5. Phoenix - 55 GF

7. San Jose - 51 GF

8. Vancouver - 50 GF

How are they doing defensively?

This is how the 8 Western Conference playoff teams ranked in goals against:

1. St.Louis - 42 GA

2. Los Angeles - 44 GA

3. Vancouver - 48 GA

4. Phoenix - 50 GA

5. San Jose - 51 GA

6. Nashville - 55 GA

7. Chicago - 59 GA

8. Detroit - 62 GA

The telling tale of how good this Kings team is may be in the goal differentials.

This is how the 8 Western Conference teams did down the stretch, and where they ranked:

1. Los Angeles - +21 GF/GA diff

2. St.Louis - +13 GF/GA diff

3. Nashville - +12 GF/GA diff

4. Phoenix - +5 GF/GA diff

5. Vancouver - +2 GF/GA diff

6. San Jose - Even GF/GA diff

7. Chicago - -3 GF/GA diff

8. Detroit - -5 GF/GA diff

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Why do people gotta steal Bruins shirt ideas?

I saw that at a lot of Canuck road games this year... lots of assholes with Bruins signs or shirts to mock the Canucks.
its like what the fast flying fuck? we are in somewhere like Dallas, and you are going "Ha ha, you only made it to the finals. My team? no didn't make the playoffs, but one other team beat you, so you suck"

I just don't understand how this team won the presidents trophy. They haven't been a good team all year.
and were completely indifferent in the past month.

fuck.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was AV thinking last night putting Malhotra and Pahlsson on the ice for the faceoff right before the game winning goal by DBrown ... geez how dumb is that? ... 2 centres? neither of them who could ever win a faceoff ??? and wtf was AV doing giving Malhotra the defensive responsibility to chip the puck off the boards and out past a Kings dman ... that is far too difficult a task to demand of a guy with 1 eye ... and then Edler ... he couldnt possibly have been asked by AV to stick with Brown in the slot instead of go for a skate to see if Salos bursted testicle had healed from his playoff injury 2 years ago

AV needs to go

/crank your sarcasm detectors

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... You cant win the Presidents trophy and not be a good team all year. I honestly dont get how you guys can say they were so inconsistent with only like 20 losses. :confused2:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... You cant win the Presidents trophy and not be a good team all year. I honestly dont get how you guys can say they were so inconsistent with only like 20 losses. :confused2:

they were good ... they coasted at season end but the playoffs arent about president trophy winner versus 8th seed ... its about matchups and this one doesnt favor the canucks

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were good ... they coasted at season end but the playoffs arent about president trophy winner versus 8th seed ... its about matchups and this one doesnt favor the canucks

No doubt. But some of you guys say they were playing inconsistent hockey. Are they that "lucky" to have so few losses playing crappy hockey? lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. But some of you guys say they were playing inconsistent hockey. Are they that "lucky" to have so few losses playing crappy hockey? lol

who said that?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to god, puck and matt were saying this throughout the end of the season, maybe I read wrong

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said that?

I've thought they have been inconsistent all year even in a lot of wins. They didn't have to me that extra punch I saw last year. Maybe the NW division being so weak made us better than we were. I couldn't tell this year how the team was going to respond on almost any situation like I could the year before.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to god, puck and matt were saying this throughout the end of the season, maybe I read wrong

no you were right on me. not sure about Puck

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because your team sucks? The top 8 seeds out west are legit. Kings underachieved this year, make no mistake, they belong. They're the only team besides the Blackhawks that can actually skate with the Canucks stride for stride. Canucks drew a bad matchup.

And yes Rares, blocked shots aren't delay of game penalties. It was the right call.

I agree with JStew, Vancouver drew a bad hand. In my opinion, the Kings should have won the division, but they had consistency problems all season. This ain't quite like drawing the 2008-2009 Ducks, but the Kings are a very dangerous team.

I don't think AV has been outcoached this series any more than McLellan was outcoached by Wahndy Carlisle. When your best players are getting outplayed by their best players, of course you're going to look bad as a coach.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with JStew, Vancouver drew a bad hand. In my opinion, the Kings should have won the division, but they had consistency problems all season. This ain't quite like drawing the 2008-2009 Ducks, but the Kings are a very dangerous team.

I don't think AV has been outcoached this series any more than McLellan was outcoached by Wahndy Carlisle. When your best players are getting outplayed by their best players, of course you're going to look bad as a coach.

maybe I shouldn't Say AV directly but I think our Special Teams have been blown out of the water by the Kings. that to me is coaching and strategy neither that have been improved for a long time.

Im giving the Kings all the credit in the world for this. They have been VERY VERY good.