• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings Series Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how a drop-off of almost 50% in goal production from one season to the next can turn attitudes regarding a player...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Im cooled off.

said stupid shit yelled stupid shit. said smart shit yelled smart shit....

got a different perspective today.... thought about this series so far and the boston series....

they tried to thug it up and failed. not sure why they tried to do that as they are not good at it. not sure why AV can't control that group for how it acts on the ice. maybe he wants them to act that way. i dont know. series is not over but it is. this year is a really squandered opportunity and is a real set back. makes last season loss all the greater to me. Canucks wanted to get bigger and meaner and failed. wrong players brought in?

perplexing. interesting to see how they play tomorrow

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how a drop-off of almost 50% in goal production from one season to the next can turn attitudes regarding a player...

I take it you are addressing me dash regarding Kesler?

things change right ... is he supposed to be glorified for past accomplishments? Is the player supposed to be put on the pedestal and should his value to the franchise be a non-debatable topic until he's 36 and his trade value wanes?

He's never utilized his linemates ... He got the benefit of the doubt because he scored 41 ... but where has he changed his game to improve. Its predictable and not to mention the diving is getting tiring.

when you fail ... everything should be questioned ... no topic should be offsides

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Im cooled off.

said stupid shit yelled stupid shit. said smart shit yelled smart shit....

got a different perspective today.... thought about this series so far and the boston series....

they tried to thug it up and failed. not sure why they tried to do that as they are not good at it. not sure why AV can't control that group for how it acts on the ice. maybe he wants them to act that way. i dont know. series is not over but it is. this year is a really squandered opportunity and is a real set back. makes last season loss all the greater to me. Canucks wanted to get bigger and meaner and failed. wrong players brought in?

perplexing. interesting to see how they play tomorrow

canucks are trying too hard to appease all the critics out there that say they are too soft. It seemed to me that after the sedin hit, all they cared about was getting revenge.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
canucks are trying too hard to appease all the critics out there that say they are too soft. It seemed to me that after the sedin hit, all they cared about was getting revenge.

i didnt really see that at all ... they werent running around getting out of position to hit Brown ... yes they were trying to hit him but not at the expense of their games

they kept playing and grinding and made a brutal and inexcusable defensive zone mistake and lost

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

things change right ... is he supposed to be glorified for past accomplishments? Is the player supposed to be put on the pedestal and should his value to the franchise be a non-debatable topic until he's 36 and his trade value wanes?

He's never utilized his linemates ... He got the benefit of the doubt because he scored 41 ... but where has he changed his game to improve. Its predictable and not to mention the diving is getting tiring.

when you fail ... everything should be questioned ... no topic should be offsides

Kesler is a strange player. I know not every player in history has a consistent dominating year in the playoffs every year but his is few and far between. he has moments and they disappear and when things get tough he dives and gets dirty. he is our most arrogant player and seems to have no end to his ego. if we go out in 4 and he is not a factor does his value get reassessed at seasons end? I know everyone gets looked at but this is a different case IMO

also what is with this goalie decision mystery that AV is going through right now. this series is NOT the goalies fault for being down 0-3 why so secretive on who plays tomorrow. Im still shocked that Corey got it yesterday he played great. does the goalie that plays tomorrow become the one that does NOT get traded this off season?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I wasn't addressing my post to anybody in particular, just general attitudes of hosts on Canucks call-in shows as well as fans calling in to the shows. Don't really see the point of dragging Iggy into the discussion, but whatever.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler is a strange player. I know not every player in history has a consistent dominating year in the playoffs every year but his is few and far between. he has moments and they disappear and when things get tough he dives and gets dirty. he is our most arrogant player and seems to have no end to his ego. if we go out in 4 and he is not a factor does his value get reassessed at seasons end? I know everyone gets looked at but this is a different case IMO

also what is with this goalie decision mystery that AV is going through right now. this series is NOT the goalies fault for being down 0-3 why so secretive on who plays tomorrow. Im still shocked that Corey got it yesterday he played great. does the goalie that plays tomorrow become the one that does NOT get traded this off season?

on Kesler:
Why does Kesler get a pass? like i posted this morning ... why do a lot of canucks fans throw Trevor Linden under the bus, crticize his leadership qualities and characterize him as a big body who didnt fight for his teammates. Kesler doesnt fight, doesnt defend teammates cause he's too busy feigning injury. AT LEAST BELLOWS WILL TRY AND FIGHT OR PULL SOMEONES HAIR! A lot of people said he should have been named captain ... this team would have been an even bigger shitshow if that happened. The heat gets turned up by the media and this guy runs out of the dressing room to leave reporters asking the questions of a kid in Kassian. The team gets punked in the finals last year and he hits the showers to leave the sedin brothers to answer questions for over half an hour. Thats what gets me about all this predictable shit by complete fucktards calling Sedins sisters ... theyre fucking men ... they stand back up when they get hit and come back at you ... they try ... they dont flail around like fucking dead carp

on Corey:
I wasnt shocked Corey got it yesterday ... it was a good time to shake up the team ... He could be counted on ... He was good

I dont know how Luongo doesnt get the start Wednesday? He's supposed to be the #1, he's the guy that took them to game 7 last year. If he doesnt start, what message is AV sending to the team/organization? That he doesnt trust the guy who has a long term contract with a no move/no trade clause

that would be AV's final coaching decision if he names Corey the starter tomorrow

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me add this: As far as Iggy is concerned, I'm more open to trading him now then I've been at anytime in the past. Personally, I'd look to trading Kipper first, but that's just what I would do. I thought it was kind of funny that Eric Francis shut down the idea of trading Kipper immediately on Saturday night, but as Glen Healy joked, Francis talked about trading Iggy for the 26th consecutive week on the Hot Stove.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Kesler:
Why does Kesler get a pass? like i posted this morning ... why do a lot of canucks fans throw Trevor Linden under the bus, crticize his leadership qualities and characterize him as a big body who didnt fight for his teammates. Kesler doesnt fight, doesnt defend teammates cause he's too busy feigning injury. AT LEAST BELLOWS WILL TRY AND FIGHT OR PULL SOMEONES HAIR! A lot of people said he should have been named captain ... this team would have been an even bigger shitshow if that happened. The heat gets turned up by the media and this guy runs out of the dressing room to leave reporters asking the questions of a kid in Kassian. The team gets punked in the finals last year and he hits the showers to leave the sedin brothers to answer questions for over half an hour. Thats what gets me about all this predictable shit by complete fucktards calling Sedins sisters ... theyre fucking men ... they stand back up when they get hit and come back at you ... they try ... they dont flail around like fucking dead carp

on Corey:
I wasnt shocked Corey got it yesterday ... it was a good time to shake up the team ... He could be counted on ... He was good

I dont know how Luongo doesnt get the start Wednesday? He's supposed to be the #1, he's the guy that took them to game 7 last year. If he doesnt start, what message is AV sending to the team/organization? That he doesnt trust the guy who has a long term contract with a no move/no trade clause

that would be AV's final coaching decision if he names Corey the starter tomorrow

early in Keslers career he fought what I can remember. he used to go with Iggy on a regular basis. then it stopped. Ill never come hard on the Sedins for their toughness and have come to the realization that other fans and some of our own fans will always think they are pussies. its a very unfair judgement.

I agree if Corey is named starter tomorrow either Luongo or AV will be gone next year (I know you are not directly saying this but I believe that part). How can they co-exist after that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me add this: As far as Iggy is concerned, I'm more open to trading him now then I've been at anytime in the past. Personally, I'd look to trading Kipper first, but that's just what I would do. I thought it was kind of funny that Eric Francis shut down the idea of trading Kipper immediately on Saturday night, but as Glen Healy joked, Francis talked about trading Iggy for the 26th consecutive week on the Hot Stove.

if you trade iggy its full rebuild time
if you trade Kipper its full rebuild time

trade them both and do it right

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you trade iggy its full rebuild time
if you trade Kipper its full rebuild time

trade them both and do it right

You could be right matty...First order of business is getting a new head coach.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right matty...First order of business is getting a new head coach.

yeah you can't do anything until that is selected it will be done before the end of the playoffs or after? as long as its done before the draft

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to get this thread back on topic - I couldn't believe the way Henrik bounced back from that hit by Brown with a 2 1/2 minute shift just a short while later. That was amazing and I agree with jstew, anybody calling the Sedins soft don't have a clue.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early in Keslers career he fought what I can remember. he used to go get Iggy riled up and Iggy would jump him and pummel him and then end up scoring 2 goals in the game versus the canucks on a regular basis. then it stopped.

I agree if Corey is named starter tomorrow either Luongo or AV will be gone next year (I know you are not directly saying this but I believe that part). How can they co-exist after that.

i fixed the first part

I think Av would be gone because its easier than trying to manufacture a beneficial trade involving Luongo ... no matter what my signature line says :)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to get this thread back on topic - I couldn't believe the way Henrik bounced back from that hit by Brown with a 2 1/2 minute shift just a short while later. That was amazing and I agree with jstew, anybody calling the Sedins soft don't have a clue.

he came back injured and will finish this series injured. to do that and have that shift after was impressive. fuck Brown crushed him.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nhl.com had the shift at over 3 minutes

my brother tweeted at the end of the second period:

#Canucks Zack Kassian's ice time through 2 periods: 3:00. A single Henrik Sedin shift: 3:21.

if thats Jonathan Toews hes a hero ... but its henrik sedin so hes a weak sister

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fixed the first part

I think Av would be gone because its easier than trying to manufacture a beneficial trade involving Luongo ... no matter what my signature line says :)

lol I dont remember Iggy ever fully getting the best of him. I always thought his fights with him were more 50/50

unless your name rhymes with Gcott Somez a trade can be worked out

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 3 minutes?!? Even more amazing (he didn't even seem that out of breath at the bench afterwards). Pretty impressive stuff.