• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even worse. :lol:

He might be the best young player in the League. Cross between Pippen and Magic, despite the bad series he's having..
hey-- no one hits on every lotto pick---- (well maybe the Thunder and Sam Presti, lol) , but I think it was pretty clear from the jump that Simmons was/is special and Embiid was/is special.

I dont know how many teams in the league are better set up then Philly for long term success.

Quite simply- the Process worked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series ended last Sunday
I sure hope so man, but dont you think Lowry and DeRozan and the Raptors have to be just getting furious right now? Think of all the shit they are hearing--- Van Pelt in the post game was just tearing them apart and basically questioning their manhood.

Everyone is saying how they are chokers and mentally weak etc. etc. At some point a guy just gets pissed I would think and does something about it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but dont you think Lowry and DeRozan and the Raptors have to be just getting furious right now? Think of all the shit they are hearing--- Van Pelt in the post game was just tearing them apart and basically questioning their manhood.

If they didn't get furious in previous playoffs series vs Cleveland, why start now lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didn't get furious in previous playoffs series vs Cleveland, why start now lol
I mean- thats a fair point, but in other playoff series' they were the underdog.....in this one they were a fairly siginficant favorite....#1 seed, home court, best record at home in the NBA etc.

Everyone has been ripping the Cavs for months--- their defense, effort, etc...now a lot of people realize there is a huge difference between regular season and playoffs- but a lot of people didnt.

I think before first tip on Tuesday the Raptors truly thought they'd win this series.

To go from that to having your manhood questioned and be labeled as mentally weak and a choker would make me furious......however on the other hand it could also make you feel hopeless as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just funny too----

I tried to tell many of the people-- the Pacers are a damn good team. They are well coached. They have great chemistry. They like eachother.

Turner and Thad Young are athletic and quick enough to stay with Kevin Love. Stephenson and Oladipo is as good a combo to play on LeBron as you will find in the league. Their game plan was good deciding not to double team LeBron.

Toronto just does not match up individually nearly as well against the Cavs as the Pacers did. They go from Oladipo and Stephenson guarding LeBron to OK Anunoby, a 20 year old rookie, and Pascal Siakem.

And Love too- the Pacers go from Turner and Thad Young ---- 2 very athletic, bigs that can play inside or extend out to the perimeter- to guys like Valunciunas and Poeltl- seven footers that are, I admit- very good players--- but they cant go out to the perimeter---- and once the switch happens Love just abused guys like Miles and DeRozan inside.

Lets hope we get Celtics/Cavs ECF

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors shot 50-40-90 yesterday. As a team. In a playoff game.

LeBron canned 8 post-up-fade-away-falling-out-of-bounds-arching-the-ball-halfway-to-the-moon shots.

Sometimes its not about choking or being mentally weak, its just about the best player on the floor taking the win and there's nothing you can do about it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just funny too----

I tried to tell many of the people-- the Pacers are a damn good team. They are well coached. They have great chemistry. They like eachother.

Turner and Thad Young are athletic and quick enough to stay with Kevin Love. Stephenson and Oladipo is as good a combo to play on LeBron as you will find in the league. Their game plan was good deciding not to double team LeBron.

Toronto just does not match up individually nearly as well against the Cavs as the Pacers did. They go from Oladipo and Stephenson guarding LeBron to OK Anunoby, a 20 year old rookie, and Pascal Siakem.

And Love too- the Pacers go from Turner and Thad Young ---- 2 very athletic, bigs that can play inside or extend out to the perimeter- to guys like Valunciunas and Poeltl- seven footers that are, I admit- very good players--- but they cant go out to the perimeter---- and once the switch happens Love just abused guys like Miles and DeRozan inside.

Lets hope we get Celtics/Cavs ECF

Yep. I got laughed at when I said I thought each round could get progressively easier for the Cavs in terms of matchup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors shot 50-40-90 yesterday. As a team. In a playoff game.

LeBron canned 8 post-up-fade-away-falling-out-of-bounds-arching-the-ball-halfway-to-the-moon shots.

Sometimes its not about choking or being mentally weak, its just about the best player on the floor taking the win and there's nothing you can do about it.
50/40/90 is just downright EXCELLENT.

You are right--- like i said- the daughterty/price Cavs were damn good but just kept running into a guy named Michael. The Raptors are a damn good team but keep running into a guy named LeBron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get to Warriors/Cavs IV. Its all written in stone now. The NBA has a serious problem with talent distribution

Yep since the Cavs are just so loaded LOL. Lebron is just that good. Dominates your team every year

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get to Warriors/Cavs IV. Its all written in stone now. The NBA has a serious problem with talent distribution

Dorian: "Cavs are garbage. They have no talent."

Also Dorian: "Its unfair how much talent the Cavs have, the NBA needs to step in."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t mean he is the only star on the team. You know who is on the team, no reason for me to tell you

Yep since the Cavs are just so loaded LOL. Lebron is just that good. Dominates your team every year

What sone people dont seem to grasp is that James is more successful with alot of really good role players vs having other ‘stars’ who are not willing to accept that position.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is saying what I've said all along. You can't let both Lebron and the others go off. Pick your poise and Lebron is likely to go off so focus on shutting down the others

It's a similar situation to when the Lakers had him and Kobe. Pick who think you can at least slow down and work on that because you aren't stopping both.

You can live with Lebron scoring 30+ and you can live with Love scoring 30+, you can't live with both of them scoring like that.

It's like Dan Patrick said this morning on his show...if Kyle Korver, or JR Smith or someone comes up with a big game and beats you...you just say congrats and move on because you know that's not likely to continue for the whole series.

But you can't let Lebron beat you.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet.

He came to my school back in the day and spoke to us. Then he tried to dunk. A few times.

"Here kids lets try the jumpshot.. I'll dunk later when I get warmed up."

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game last night

Honestly the Raptors didnt play that bad. LeBron went off and we had no answer.

I didnt like caseys rotation at all. We need to keep JV on the floor more.

I also want Wright on the floor

We will see if this team has any heart at all. They have no other option then to leave it all on the floor.
Congrats on a big game Cavs fans

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game last night

Honestly the Raptors didnt play that bad. LeBron went off and we had no answer.

I didnt like caseys rotation at all. We need to keep JV on the floor more.

I also want Wright on the floor

We will see if this team has any heart at all. They have no other option then to leave it all on the floor.
Congrats on a big game Cavs fans

I know it probably doesn't feel like it right now, but thats awesome that you got to be at the game.