• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because LeBron likes him and allows it. Like any superstar, if they respect the coach they will listen. That was always Phil Jackson's strength, wrangling superstars.
And speaking of coaching - Unlike others - I do not believe that Houston has a prayer of a chance against the Warriors.

The first reason is the Warriors have three players that average 20 ppg or more and with the role players 87 points not counting the bench

The second reason - Houston does not have a good coach

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors defensive ‘plan’ was horrific.
James shredded them.
Every Cav on the court benefits from that.
Average NBA players can make a high % of wide open shots.

So, no, Im not at all surprised that Love thrived in this series.

Problem for him, is really all that matters.
Warriors have most answers for him and he has little for them.

This is why I'm not going all in on the Cavs having all of their problems figured out. One series doesn't do it for me. Don't buy into the short term hype. A lot of people knew that the Raptors were mentally fucked going into this series. Not taking anything away from Lebron and the Cavs because they did exactly what they were supposed to do.

But Boston poises more problems than Toronto does. And they actually have a guy that can coach. I still think the Cavs pull past Boston in a tough series. But, those same questions that came from round 1 are likely going to resurface. Toronto's great makeup for your team, because in the playoffs, they allow your weaknesses to be masked for the short term.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of coaching - Unlike others - I do not believe that Houston has a prayer of a chance against the Warriors.
The second reason - Houston does not have a good coach

Casey has an outside chance of being NBA Coach of the Year. (it is a regular season award ... ballots submitted a couple of weeks ago ... #1 seed, 59 wins -- 2nd most in NBA)

I wonder if any coach has been fired and named Coach of the Year within a few days. (FYI -- I don't think he gets fired.)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs sweep the 59-win Raptors. Warriors, Rockets, Celtics drop a game to the 48, 48, and 52-win Pelicans, Jazz, and Sixers.

Cavs are the best team confirmed. :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs sweep the 59-win Raptors. Warriors, Rockets, Celtics drop a game to the 48, 48, and 52-win Pelicans, Jazz, and Sixers.

COOOOOOOOOONFIRMED!

lol.....

that was a helluva lot of fun. Honestly, watching LeBron dominate like that is just unbelievable. He really might be at the peak of his powers right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@gordontrue I heard on the radio this morning that Rodney Hood refused to go into the game at garbage time. lol........always something.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened to George Karl. Warriors bounced his Nuggets in the first round back before people realized how good the warriors were becoming. Ownership freaked out and fired him right after he won coach of the year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue I heard on the radio this morning that Rodney Hood refused to go into the game at garbage time. lol........always something.
Really? That's not great. I was wondering about how he was doing but he seemed to be vocally cheering for cedi who took his minutes so I figured he was good. Interesting.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened to George Karl. Warriors bounced his Nuggets in the first round back before people realized how good the warriors were becoming. Ownership freaked out and fired him right after he won coach of the year.

Was that the year the Warriors celebrated after losing to the spurs?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder why?
The way he's played, Rodney Hood and garbage go hand in hand in the same sentence.

Also, remember a couple weeks back when you were ripping 'Coach' Lue for being clueless and his rotations?

You really think he's gotten smarter since then?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
To collect your v cash you need to go into Betting Exchange and find the bet, then settle it.
It won't automatically come to you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'The Other Cavaliers' take the stage in unaired 'SNL' skit

this was pretty funny...

LeBron James said he felt like critics were "burying my teammates alive" in the first round of the NBA playoffs, but after the Cleveland Cavaliers swept the Toronto Raptors with a 128-93 Game 4 win Monday to reach the Eastern Conference finals, he and the so-called "Other Cavaliers" got the last laugh.

The criticism of James' teammates was so pervasive that "Saturday Night Live" even made a skit about it this past weekend, showing fictional Cavs players saying things such as, "We run an offense called 'hot potato;' LeBron throws us the ball, and we throw it right back," and "Every time LeBron makes a free throw, I'm right there with that high-five."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey has an outside chance of being NBA Coach of the Year. (it is a regular season award ... ballots submitted a couple of weeks ago ... #1 seed, 59 wins -- 2nd most in NBA)

I wonder if any coach has been fired and named Coach of the Year within a few days. (FYI -- I don't think he gets fired.)

Casey's not winning COY over Stevens, or for that matter Quinn out of Utah. Stevens made it to a 2nd seed without his 2 best players. And everyone thought Utah was going to be in a full rebuild after losing Heyward to FA.

Having said that, if Toronto's serious about contending, then you're getting rid of Casey. They've reached their ceiling. A team takes on the persona and mentality of their HC. Everytime the Raptors face the Cavs, they fold up quick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why?
The way he's played, Rodney Hood and garbage go hand in hand in the same sentence.

Also, remember a couple weeks back when you were ripping 'Coach' Lue for being clueless and his rotations?

You really think he's gotten smarter since then?
Rodney Hood is a really talented player- honestly i think he might be the 3rd most talented Cav after LeBron and Love but he is a mess right now. He is by nature a quiet guy and I cant help but think a better coach would be getting a lot more out of him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh yah.

LeBron goes to 7 straight Finals and you have people betting against him.

I dunno about anyone else but im not betting against LeBron getting out of the East until it actually happens.
Yep. Next year, it’ll be a lot more clear that no one will beat Lebron because he will be with philly.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Hood is a really talented player- honestly i think he might be the 3rd most talented Cav after LeBron and Love but he is a mess right now. He is by nature a quiet guy and I cant help but think a better coach would be getting a lot more out of him.

Rodney Hood sucks balls.