• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray allen would be fine too

just saying

ray allen career 40% 3 pt shooter

korver career 43% 3 pt shooter.

I like Korver as a 3-point shooter, but that's it.

But in the clutch, Ray Allen's been there and done that.

Dude without a doubt hit the most pressure packed 3-point shot in NBA history in game 6 of the 2013 Finals.

And there's no argument that could be made to change my mind on that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Korver as a 3-point shooter, but that's it.

But in the clutch, Ray Allen's been there and done that.

Dude without a doubt hit the most pressure packed 3-point shot in NBA history in game 6 of the 2013 Finals.

And there's no argument that could be made to change my mind on that.
#kyrie'swasbetter

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#kyrie'swasbetter

Kyrie hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with a minute left in game 7. If he missed that, the Cavs still have a chance.

Ray Allen hit a game-tying 3 with 5.2 second left in game 6. He misses that, the Spurs are celebrating in Miami.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with a minute left in game 7. If he missed that, the Cavs still have a chance.

Ray Allen hit a game-tying 3 with 5.2 second left in game 6. He misses that, the Spurs are celebrating in Miami.
Game 7...on the road...against the best regular season team in history....the weight of a city and its 50 year title drought on your shoulders....finishing off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA...it had it all.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7...on the road...against the best regular season team in history....the weight of a city and its 50 year title drought on your shoulders....finishing off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA...it had it all.

Great story. But I'm talking clutch and most pressure packed. If Kyrie didn't hit that shot, Cleveland still had a minute considering it was a tie game.

If Ray Allen missed his shot, Miami doesn't make it to a game 7 and you could say Lebron's legacy and GOAT conversation is essentially dead at this juncture.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue should thank his lucky stars that he's got Lebron. Lebron's masking so many deficiencies on Lue's coaching.

Having said that, I'm very intrigued to see how he's going to do in a 7-game series coaching against Stevens.

LOL yeah I think Spoelstra can thank them too for having LeBron. And Kerr can thank his for Durant and Curry and Draymond...and Pop can thank his for Duncan...and Jackson can thank his for MJ and Shaq and Kobe

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked 5 WWW sites for who they think will win COY.

Two picked Stevens (Casey was either 2nd/3rd for both of those)
Two picked Casey (including ESPN)
One said either Casey or Brown

Remember voting was mostly done 2 weeks ago. (I think all articles were from early April also.)

Yep Raptors played well down the stretch, Celtics faltered in the later part of the season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finals game 1 on the line.
Cavs have the ball.
Down 2.
They decide to go for the win.
Love open on one side, Korver on the other.
James gets to pick one
Who do you want to see take the shot?[/USER]

I don't know, but I'll sign up for that scenario right now.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they were going to do anything of relevance from here on out? That team needs an identity change.
The NBA is a business. Firing a coach that gets his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs doesn't make much sense to me. There was no way even on their best day the Raptors were going to beat the Cavs. Why not take advantage of this window? Firing the coach seems to put that at risk.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yeah I think Spoelstra can thank them too for having LeBron. And Kerr can thank his for Durant and Curry and Draymond...and Pop can thank his for Duncan...and Jackson can thank his for MJ and Shaq and Kobe

Yeah, but I think the aforementioned coaches could you mentioned are decent coaches. I don't see Lue as a good coach. Spo at least has had respectable teams sans Lebron and was taking otherwise mediocre teams to the playoffs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is a business. Firing a coach that gets his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs doesn't make much sense to me. There was no way even on their best day the Raptors were going to beat the Cavs. Why not take advantage of this window? Firing the coach seems to put that at risk.

You do realize that the Warriors fired Mark Jackson after taking the Dubs to the 2nd round multiple times and hired some guy named Steve Kerr. If you don't fire Casey, you're basically standing pat with what you have which for 3 years in a row hasn't worked.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the Warriors fired Mark Jackson after taking the Dubs to the 2nd round multiple times and hired some guy named Steve Kerr. If you don't fire Casey, you're basically standing pat with what you have which for 3 years in a row hasn't worked.
Difference there. The Dubs had a higher ceiling and Jackson has proven he is not a finisher as a coach. He might be a candidate to turn around a poor performing team but he is not your guy to take it all the way. I don't know much about Casey admittedly, and he could very well be the same. However, the ceiling for the Raptors is not like Golden State

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference there. The Dubs had a higher ceiling and Jackson has proven he is not a finisher as a coach. He might be a candidate to turn around a poor performing team but he is not your guy to take it all the way. I don't know much about Casey admittedly, and he could very well be the same. However, the ceiling for the Raptors is not like Golden State

So then why are you standing pat with Casey? Also, if you've watched any of the games in this series, the Raptors defensive game planning and rotations were absolutely atrocious and struck me as someone that doesn't have his team prepared.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why are you standing pat with Casey? Also, if you've watched any of the games in this series, the Raptors defensive game planning and rotations were absolutely atrocious and struck me as someone that doesn't have his team prepared.
it would be hard for me to fire a coach that won 59 games and had his team in the top 5 in both offensive and defensive efficiency.

I mean- its LeBron. At some point you just tip your cap.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be hard for me to fire a coach that won 59 games and had his team in the top 5 in both offensive and defensive efficiency.

I mean- its LeBron. At some point you just tip your cap.

I just saw Indiana with far less offensive talent take Cleveland to 7 games. Toronto got swept in embarrassing fashion; two seasons in a row now.

This has nothing to do with defensive personnel in terms of size and length. I'm talking in terms of rotations, communication, etc.. they were bad.....really really bad. Toronto didn't have an Oladipo that's a two-way player, but the Pacers were well coached (Nate McMillan made me eat my crow this year) and executed. Toronto is/was the very antithesis. Again, that's coaching to work on these deficiencies.

There's one thing losing to Lebron. It's a whole another losing by getting swept two years in a row.

I've learned my lesson when we argued about the Warriors letting go of Mark Jackson and how @Hambombs made us all look silly in the end. The Raptors may get worst, but they also may get better as well. But either scenario is better than standing pat and continually being the annual 2nd round punching bag for the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw Indiana with far less offensive talent take Cleveland to 7 games. Toronto got swept in embarrassing fashion; two seasons in a row now.

This has nothing to do with defensive personnel in terms of size and length. I'm talking in terms of rotations, communication, etc.. they were bad.....really really bad. Toronto didn't have an Oladipo that's a two-way player, but the Pacers were well coached (Nate McMillan made me eat my crow this year) and executed. Toronto is/was the very antithesis. Again, that's coaching to work on these deficiencies.

There's one thing losing to Lebron. It's a whole another losing by getting swept two years in a row.

I've learned my lesson when we argued about the Warriors letting go of Mark Jackson and how @Hambombs made us all look silly in the end. The Raptors may get worst, but they also may get better as well. But either scenario is better than standing pat and continually being the annual 2nd round punching bag for the Cavs.
hey you bring up plenty of fair points...

DeRozan really didnt help though...lol......dude could you imagine having a worse series?

you come in- the favorites- home court advantage---- you go out, get benched in the 4th qtr, get ejected , and get swept.

he has to feel dejected right now.....right until he looks at his bank account and laughs his ass off at us working stiffs and goes and bangs some girl whos a 10 :(

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey you bring up plenty of fair points...

DeRozan really didnt help though...lol......dude could you imagine having a worse series?

you come in- the favorites- home court advantage---- you go out, get benched in the 4th qtr, get ejected , and get swept.

he has to feel dejected right now.....right until he looks at his bank account and laughs his ass off at us working stiffs and goes and bangs some girl whos a 10 :(

Defense is a majority effort. If DeRozan would put forth effort, he'd likely be in consideration as a top 10 NBA player in the league. But yeah, this is the kind of series that defines a player. Do they say oh well, or do they recognize that they have to improve their game? This is what I'm asking about Simmons for this Celtics series. It's great that he's going through this in year 1 as opposed to Lebron whom had to learn the hard way in the Finals by year 8.