• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes clueless.
His best player yesterday was JV, who he benched figuring Ibaka was better.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. From what I saw, JV was the one true advantage that the Raptors had and they never really pressed it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit it's gonna be LeBron versus the Celtics or 76ers? Where did the rest of the Cavs go? LeBron will have to face a team all by himself? I gotta ask @Heatles84 1st but I just might put my life savings on the line for this 1 sided miss match.:heh:

If you're not willing to bet your life savings on sports, then any argument you bring is invalid. No flaws in the logic on that, @Wamu . You got this my man.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't get that either. From what I saw, JV was the one true advantage that the Raptors had and they never really pressed it.

This. I don't understand how some are arguing for Casey. I really don't.

You really think that you can stand pat when you make it to the playoffs as a #1 seed and get embarrassed in the fashion that you did?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like Halen Rose's suggestion of trading Wiggins for Derozan.

Delmar deserves better and Wiggins is lazy and unmotivated.

But, maybe going home will help?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still depends on so many things....

but right now after last nights game:

Cleveland 50%

Philly 25%

LA 20%

Houston 5%

so many things can change--- if the Cavs beat the Celtics, how they do in the finals if they beat the Celtics, what their lotto pick comes in at, if they can trade their lotto pick for a star, if philly decides to go after LeBron or a better fit like PG or Kawhi, what LA does, etc.....still so much to be decided between the playoffs and the lotto.
I’d put the odds of him coming back to Cleveland closer to 0%. Lebron wants titles. There’s very little chance Lebron goes back unless Cleveland can overhaul their roster in such a short amount of time. In Cleveland he can make the finals every year. In philly, he can win multiple more titles. The choice is easy for me. I seriously doubt he goes out west.

Remember when I said Anyone who thought Toronto had a chance hadn’t been paying attention the last few years? Well, anyone who thinks Lebron is staying in Cleveland hasn’t been paying attention the last few years either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still depends on so many things....

but right now after last nights game:

Cleveland 50%

Philly 25%

LA 20%

Houston 5%

so many things can change--- if the Cavs beat the Celtics, how they do in the finals if they beat the Celtics, what their lotto pick comes in at, if they can trade their lotto pick for a star, if philly decides to go after LeBron or a better fit like PG or Kawhi, what LA does, etc.....still so much to be decided between the playoffs and the lotto.

First off, I agree that unless things between Lebron and Gilbert are even worse than it seems, he probably comes back to Cleveland. I'd probably flip the Philly/LA chances, but I think it's real close between them. Good cases can be made for both teams.

The problem though, as others point out, is that he wants titles. How do the Cavs close the gap between themselves and the Warriors enough for Lebron to believe they can win?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be hard for me to fire a coach that won 59 games and had his team in the top 5 in both offensive and defensive efficiency.

I mean- its LeBron. At some point you just tip your cap.

Its also strategy and adjustments.
Torontos was terrible from start to finish with both.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I agree that unless things between Lebron and Gilbert are even worse than it seems, he probably comes back to Cleveland. I'd probably flip the Philly/LA chances, but I think it's real close between them. Good cases can be made for both teams.

The problem though, as others point out, is that he wants titles. How do the Cavs close the gap between themselves and the Warriors enough for Lebron to believe they can win?

Hire Tanya Harding to take out Durants knees?:noidea:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Halen Rose is the name of the band where Van Halen brings in Axl Rose to replace David Lee Roth

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be hard for me to fire a coach that won 59 games and had his team in the top 5 in both offensive and defensive efficiency.

I mean- its LeBron. At some point you just tip your cap.

The problem for Casey, imo, isn't that they lost, it's how they lost. If they put up a fight like Indy did...then you tip your cap and try again next season.

But getting swept and not even putting up a fight in the elimination game is pretty bad. Especially considering they had HCA.

Firing a coach who won a lot of games isn't exactly unprecedented either. In the seasons before they let him go, Del Harris had won 53, 56 and 61 games (they fired him 12 games into his last season).

Mark Jackson had won 47 and 51 games in the seasons before he was let go.

Sometimes a guy has taken a team as far as he can and just has to be replaced.

The problem for the Raptors though is, who can they get who's better? The Lakers replaced Harris with Phil and the Warriors replaced Jackson with Kerr.

I'm not sure there's a coach they can get right now who's better than Casey.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One writer suggested trading Derozan for Lakers #1 pick. (he has 3 years, $83M left on his contract)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halen Rose is the name of the band where Van Halen brings in Axl Rose to replace David Lee Roth

Then after Eddie kicks Axl outta Van Halen he'll cruise on down to Mexico to join Sammy Hagar's band.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss what's up w/ this? Ran across an article that said Rodney Hood refused to enter the game last night in the 4th quarter pissing off some of his teammates. Have you heard this yet?