• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

• Jordan

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • LeBron

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once that idolization of someone kicks in, you can't argue with them.

We're using facts, stats, and they're using subjective superlatives. This debate is over, because you can't reason with the unreasonable.

So far, Jordan fans can't even admit Lebron's size and speed would be a PROBLEM for Jordan to handle.

:lame:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this you shane?

e2273afadc23cdc35ffbee0de55a905c_lebronjamesjersey.jpg

LOL...I am a Cavs fan and Lebron fan. I could give a shit about the Heat.

I watched him play in HS and went to a couple of his games. But I would never be a Heat fan<----awful!

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to clarify. Jordan won this poll, as he should. Lebron may be the greatest defender in the history of the game, but it takes more than that to stop Jordan. Nobody knows WHAT would stop Jordan.

True. MJ wasn't the best defender in history, but he was an artist when it came to steals. 1 on 1 with "Bron," it would come down to two things. Who would miss first. How long before Jordan, as always, anticipates something, steals the ball, and can't be stopped until the game is over.

As for who would miss first.... Lebron. Jordan doesn't go cold, especially not in big games. Lebron went cold in the finals last year, and pretended to be sick to make up for the lackluster. Jordan caught a flu in one of his finals, played with a 102 degree fever, had one of his best performances in history.

And people forget that Jordan was 6'6". In his prime, he was hardly "just a shooter." The guy's vertical leap was like 50 inches. His hang time has never been seen since, and I still don't quite understand how he did that.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in case you all forgot...

Here's Jordan with the Wizards after a two year retirement. 2001-2003, he's 38-39 years old, a step or two slower, half the hops, half the hang time, half the minutes because he didn't have the same stamina, aging reflexes. Yet absolutely shredding the same young league that Dwayne Wade and Lebron James were only a year or two shy of joining. Iverson, Oneil, Bryant, Garnett, Wallace/Wallace and the Pistons' new dynasty, Pierce, Allen, Nowitzki, Duncan and the Spurs... Nobody had an answer for an over the hill Jordan. Watch him when he was past his prime, you youngins who done forgot who Michael Jordan is.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know if MJ ever did this...just wondering

You can talk about 1-on-1, 5-on-5, 10-on-10. This is truly 1-on-5 domination!

LOL at the announcer saying it's Jordanesque.

:laugh3::rollseyes:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. I could name numerous things Jordan has done that LeBron hasn't done or never will.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jordan.......jordan would shoot over him ,takehim to the rack and probably steal a couple

15-11..... make it take it i am assuming

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I could name numerous things Jordan has done that LeBron hasn't done or never will.

LOL I can do the same the other. Like his recent recebt streaks. By the end of it, most Jordans' records will be broken by LBJ.

Y'all dont appreciate the size and speed of LBJ. Maybe if you saw him in person, you would. 1-on-1 he is unstoppable just bc of his size, add is speed and there isn't a word to describe him.

I know how great MJ was, but have never seen someone as big and quick as Lebron ever.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw...most games with 30 pts 5 rebounds 5 assists LBJ is about to pass Jordan in 300 less games.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I can do the same the other. Like his recent recebt streaks. By the end of it, most Jordans' records will be broken by LBJ.

Y'all dont appreciate the size and speed of LBJ. Maybe if you saw him in person, you would. 1-on-1 he is unstoppable just bc of his size, add is speed and there isn't a word to describe him.

I know how great MJ was, but have never seen someone as big and quick as Lebron ever.

You already did.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw...most games with 30 pts 5 rebounds 5 assists LBJ is about to pass Jordan in 300 less games.

Jordan was a ballhog the 1st half of his career, thus the Pistons and their "Jordan Rules".
As soon as he and Phil hooked up with the triangle offense, it was on like Donkey Kong.
Also, I noticed that the posters old enough to have watched Jordan play all voted Jordan, and the younger generation have voted LeBron...

62072473.jpg

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get serious, guys. Jordan cannot guard LeBron 1 on 1. Jordan is still the greater player, but 1 on 1 with LeBron is a rough matchup for him. I am old enough to have watched both play. Of course Jordan's gonna win this poll. People are nostalgic.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get serious, guys. Jordan cannot guard LeBron 1 on 1. Jordan is still the greater player, but 1 on 1 with LeBron is a rough matchup for him. I am old enough to have watched both play. Of course Jordan's gonna win this poll. People are nostalgic.

^^^This

It is all I was saying. Not saying LBJ is better, just a tough matchup w/ size.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who don't really understand a sport always talk about "size and speed."

I've seen Jordan play. I've seen Lebron play. Lebron's ball handling skills and overall arsenal of moves don't come close to Michael Jordan. Also, Jordan is a better defender than people realize. Even in his last comeback as an old man, he was stealing the ball from Kobe Bryant, he stuffed a Shaq dunk against the backboard, and clowned Paul Pierce.

So like I said. Eventually either Lebron would miss, or Jordan would get his hand on a ball. But it takes more than the best defender of all time to actually stop Jordan. Jordan would win this.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I guess if you don't know anything about basketball, you might actually think it's a logical argument to question whether or not Jordan ever took over a Finals game. Jordan took over every Finals game he was ever in.

Now. As for Jordan's early career. He didn't really have much around him for players, and the Pistons didn't just use "Jordan rules," by letting him hog the ball. They also focused on fouling the hell out of him. All they had to do was bring in scrubs, or make sure they stayed under 3 before they let someone else take over the fouling. Jordan still got his points. The Bulls still figured it out. It's a non-argument.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who don't really understand a sport always talk about "size and speed."

I've seen Jordan play. I've seen Lebron play. Lebron's ball handling skills and overall arsenal of moves don't come close to Michael Jordan. Also, Jordan is a better defender than people realize. Even in his last comeback as an old man, he was stealing the ball from Kobe Bryant, he stuffed a Shaq dunk against the backboard, and clowned Paul Pierce.

So like I said. Eventually either Lebron would miss, or Jordan would get his hand on a ball. But it takes more than the best defender of all time to actually stop Jordan. Jordan would win this.

We could put a superhero out there and Jordan lovers would still take em. This is a bad matchup for MJ. I have seen MJ get crossed over his fair share of times. But he has never guarded a PF type player that is as quick as the quickest. People talk about how eventually he would steal it.

Ex: lebron is backing him down, James is so thick and big it is virtually impossible to reach around and steal it from him. I have watched my fair share of his games and rarely saw him get pickpocketed 1-on-1 and in the post never.

*The facts are we will never know, but it would be a hell of a game. MJ fans are just stating opinions, I am giving you facts of his overpowering strength and speed. And Lebron is a better defender too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I guess if you don't know anything about basketball, you might actually think it's a logical argument to question whether or not Jordan ever took over a Finals game. Jordan took over every Finals game he was ever in.

Now. As for Jordan's early career. He didn't really have much around him for players, and the Pistons didn't just use "Jordan rules," by letting him hog the ball. They also focused on fouling the hell out of him. All they had to do was bring in scrubs, or make sure they stayed under 3 before they let someone else take over the fouling. Jordan still got his points. The Bulls still figured it out. It's a non-argument.

Go google Lebron's first 7 years in Cleveland. Until Mo came he had scrubs. And Lebron got double and tripled teamed his fair share too, hence the 7 assists per game for career. He found ways to beat it.

And considering MJ had what 2 or 3 future HOF's on his team. Lebron didnt have all-stars on his team. Your argument is pointless.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole question is retarded. It's a team game. Who would win 1-on-1 is irrelevant, and IMO that whole 1-on-1 concept is what's wrong with the game today.

Lebron can go on to break every record Mike ever had, and he may very well do that (there has certainly never been a player of his size and athleticism) but he will never top Jordan's legacy. Jordan invented it. Lebron imitated it.

**I also think there should be an asterisk or something by Kobe and Lebron's "records" anyway, for not going to college.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, your basketball knowledge is so suspect dude. Other than Jordan and Pippen, name the Bulls hall inductee. Now go look up when Pippen showed up, and how good the Bulls were in 89 and 90, even before they finally took down the Pistons.