• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

1-on-1: Jordan vs LeBron. Who ya got?

• Jordan

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • LeBron

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tainted because of "The Decision" and the overall lack of quality of "the game", in general.

You are missing the big picture tho.

Let's put it this way. Let's compare their EMPIRES. Let's talk worth. Money can certainly TRANSCEND just the game of basketball, right? Hell, let's just look at their annual endorsement net worth...LBJ's is 45 million a year. Jordan's is 40 million a year, and he hasn't won a championship in over a decade!? Obviously inflation should give LBJ an advantage as well. You are looking at it purely from a statistical standpoint, and their legacy's are about more than that, or at least Jordan's is.

Yeah, but how can you fault a player on the way things are now. It is unfair. Yeah MJ will "the guy" that everyone remember who started it all, but why can't there be a guy that is up to his level or close in playing basketball and forget all the other bullshit.

Since MJ I haven't seen anyone dominant like Lebron, right???
It isn't fair to him to at least give him a chance. It sounds like MJ won't be passed bc of his legacy, but it isn't fair bc times have changed. That we can't change.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of just spouting off players. Why not go look up what Jordan did before Pippen, Paxson, and Armstrong even showed up? I don't think we're the ones missing the point. IN 86-87, Paxson was the only one of those guys on the team. I don't believe Pippen showed up for two more years after that

IMO the #1 reason why Jordan wasn't the primary on point defender is because he was so disruptive off the ball. It gave him time to sit back and anticipate, which he did ruthlessly. It also allowed him to collapse in and defend the paint when someone else failed to guard a big. Again. Anybody who saw Jordan put a Shaquille O'Neil, Patrick Ewing, or Charles Barkley drive/dunk against the glass knows how strong Michael Jordan was.

This talk about how "different" Lebron James is just a myth. No doubt the guy is the fastest and most athletic player to play at that size, but he isn't just going to step into Jordan and knock Jordan over, and he certainly isn't THAT much faster than everyone else. It's a joke to even say that. Jordan would attack, and it would pay off eventually. Meanwhile. As I've said before. Jordan in his prime was unstoppable with the ball. Not even Lebron...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of just spouting off players. Why not go look up what Jordan did before Pippen, Paxson, and Armstrong even showed up? I don't think we're the ones missing the point. IN 86-87, Paxson was the only one of those guys on the team. I don't believe Pippen showed up for two more years after that

IMO the #1 reason why Jordan wasn't the primary on point defender is because he was so disruptive off the ball. It gave him time to sit back and anticipate, which he did ruthlessly. It also allowed him to collapse in and defend the paint when someone else failed to guard a big. Again. Anybody who saw Jordan put a Shaquille O'Neil, Patrick Ewing, or Charles Barkley drive/dunk against the glass knows how strong Michael Jordan was.

This talk about how "different" Lebron James is just a myth. No doubt the guy is the fastest and most athletic player to play at that size, but he isn't just going to step into Jordan and knock Jordan over, and he certainly isn't THAT much faster than everyone else. It's a joke to even say that. Jordan would attack, and it would pay off eventually. Meanwhile. As I've said before. Jordan in his prime was unstoppable with the ball. Not even Lebron...

Those players I named were when they started winning ships. Even MJ needed players around him too, thar buddy.

MJ was unstoppable in his prime, so is Lebron when he gets to the basket he will score 99% of the time. You can't say that about anyone and getting to the basket, he makes it look easy. When MJ did it, it was amazing but he had to do circus moves. Lebrin doesn't have to bc he is so strong and looks like he finishes w/ ease. You cannot deny that.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he didn't. You seemed to be implying that Lebron was doing something without players around him that Jordan wasn't. I think you're just in denial, personally.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone will agree that they were put in same positions, not great teams and they were bot the centerpieces. Just sayn he had Pippen, Lebron didn't have that second guy until Wade. And still got to one Finals w/ that team. He just deserves more respect thats all.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much respect do I need to give him? You said Jordan was the better player. Check, we agree. I'm not going to agree that in this hypothetical scenario that will never happen, that Lebron would even win.

Now as for the finals. The Cavs got there and got scorched. The Bulls had a Pistons dynasty and the aging but still great Celtics dynasty as well. The Cavs got to the Finals by beating...... Who? As for the Heat. How good were the Thunder last year, really? Wade... Bosh... Lebron...

The Bulls were still better. Jordan was better. And in this scenario, I think Jordan wins. You're not going to change my mind.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait 8 years, and you might fall back into reality instead of lala land. I would appreciate what you see on the court, won't see it ever again. Enjoy it, don't hate.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he didn't. You seemed to be implying that Lebron was doing something without players around him that Jordan wasn't. I think you're just in denial, personally.

What has Jordan won WITHOUT Pippen, a top 50 all time player?

ZILCH.

At least Lebron took a team of COMPLETE SCRUBS to the Finals. You CLEARLY don't want to give Lebron the credit he deserves.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read more posts. Do a little critical analysis. The Bad Boy Pistons stopping The Bulls from getting into the NBA Finals is a pretty important factor. Did I mention that even in 1984-1990, the Bird Celtics were better than the "Big 3" Celtics? The Cavs didn't face the same competition, but whatever you want to believe.

And also. Pippen, Jordan, and The Bulls won a fucking hell of a lot more than The Heat, so don't get ahead of yourself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, 19, of Charlotte Bobcats says he lost to Michael Jordan, 49, in one-on-one game - ESPN

He's schooling 1st round picks at age 50.

You are blinded by your LeBoner because he played in Cleveland.

You're just being a homer.

Gilchrist is not that impressive. He should of stayed at Kentucky for at least another year.

And I am giving you facts why he could win, you are the one blurting out homer bs. Not factoring in the facts of his size, quickness, and defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old fuck MJ homers.

He is 50. Lebron is now. Respect The King.

In 10 years, you will look back and say, "I should of enjoyed and respected LBJs' greatness more."

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skill level back then was an art form. This gen NBA lacks the intangibles they had back then. It's more like watching a show like WWE now. Jordan blows LeBron out the gates. And I was A hawks fan I hated Jordan

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Jordan won WITHOUT Pippen, a top 50 all time player?

ZILCH.

At least Lebron took a team of COMPLETE SCRUBS to the Finals. You CLEARLY don't want to give Lebron the credit he deserves.

LeBron didn't win with the Cavs didn't he jump ship to play for a better team :noidea: Jordan led and was clutch everytime it was on the line.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron didn't win with the Cavs didn't he jump ship to play for a better team :noidea: Jordan led and was clutch everytime it was on the line.

No he didn't. But he carried a very bad team a LOT further than Jordan carried a Bulls team without Pippen.

Jordan didn't accomplish a damned thing without help. Lebron got no help in Cleveland, he was there on his own.

Whether you believe Lebron could win a game or two 1v1 against Jordan or not, the fact that you can't recognize this simple statement shows your complete bias.

Lebron isn't on MJs level, and may never get there. But let's give him credit where it is due.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. But he carried a very bad team a LOT further than Jordan carried a Bulls team without Pippen.

Jordan didn't accomplish a damned thing without help. Lebron got no help in Cleveland, he was there on his own.

Whether you believe Lebron could win a game or two 1v1 against Jordan or not, the fact that you can't recognize this simple statement shows your complete bias.

Lebron isn't on MJs level, and may never get there. But let's give him credit where it is due.

I dislike Jordan and LeBron so no bias as far as players go. I do admit to bias between old school and new school basketball but that arguement supports Jordan's skill level. LeBron did not win A championship by himself :L All prominant teams throughout history have had at the minimum a good 1-2 punch. I could sit here all night throwing out examples from Magic/Worthy to Shaw/Wade. I just can't buy the Pippen Defense. If you watch those old games it was not Pippen who was knocking down a clutch shot with seconds on the clock and defenders in his face. Jordan was A tough competitor never made excuses grabbed his ankle or played the role. To say LeBron could hang with Jordan is ludicrous.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much respect do I need to give him? You said Jordan was the better player. Check, we agree. I'm not going to agree that in this hypothetical scenario that will never happen, that Lebron would even win.

Now as for the finals. The Cavs got there and got scorched. The Bulls had a Pistons dynasty and the aging but still great Celtics dynasty as well. The Cavs got to the Finals by beating...... Who? As for the Heat. How good were the Thunder last year, really? Wade... Bosh... Lebron...

The Bulls were still better. Jordan was better. And in this scenario, I think Jordan wins. You're not going to change my mind.

The bulls also had to go through a very tough Knicks team a few times as well

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Jordan and LeBron so no bias as far as players go. I do admit to bias between old school and new school basketball but that arguement supports Jordan's skill level. LeBron did not win A championship by himself :L All prominant teams throughout history have had at the minimum a good 1-2 punch. I could sit here all night throwing out examples from Magic/Worthy to Shaw/Wade. I just can't buy the Pippen Defense. If you watch those old games it was not Pippen who was knocking down a clutch shot with seconds on the clock and defenders in his face. Jordan was A tough competitor never made excuses grabbed his ankle or played the role. To say LeBron could hang with Jordan is ludicrous.

This is where your argument falls apart.

60 pounds more muscle, along with just as much speed and athleticism say otherwise.

It's actually ludicrous to think Lebron CAN'T hang with Jordan. If Lebron was big and slow, I'd agree with you.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where your argument falls apart.

60 pounds more muscle, along with just as much speed and athleticism say otherwise.

It's actually ludicrous to think Lebron CAN'T hang with Jordan. If Lebron was big and slow, I'd agree with you.

It's ready been said Jordan has beaten bigger. And has something 1 muscle that outwweighs all of Lebrons Heart. Jordan has proven to be clutch on several extreme occasions.Sorry but LeBron is not in his league.