• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's going to be tough to do and no doubt some guys will have to give some discounts...but if guys are willing to give up some money to keep the band together...it can certainly be done.

It's just going to be a matter of how much each guy is willing to give up and how much luxury tax the team is willing to pay to keep them together.

They definitely seem like the type of team where the players and FO would be willing to work together and make things as fair as possible for both sides.
if Draymond and Klay each take about 20M a year instead of like the 35 a year they could get....and Durant takes like 30 a year instead of like the 38 a year he could get---- and they get rid of Iggy its possible....i think all ofthose things happen is a virtual impossibility but we shall see.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes risky thats for sure.

the fact that the Patriots really liked Baker makes me feel a little better.....that- and from the articles i read this Redksins consultant we hired liked Baker as the best QB in the draft before he was hired by the Browns....Dorsey before he was signed by the Browns liked Baker the best out of the QBs, and Ron Wolf's son who the Browns hired from the Packers liked Baker mayfield the best out of the QBs before he left Green Bay to come here

at least 3 respected personnel guys on the Browns all thought Baker was the consensus best QB before they ever stepped a foot in Berea, Ohio as members of the Browns front office. Plus, you know Paul DePodesta (the fat Jonah Hill character in moneyball who is in the Browns front office now) and his analytics approach loved Mayfield as well.

We gotta just have faith...hopefully it works out. It has to at some point right? lol.

Okay let me give you the real breakdown of that fake story my inside people that I don't have told me. The league offices are in on this as well. But the Pats only put that out there in hopes that the Browns would jump @ the info. It's in the union contract that 1 team must be the laughingstock of the league. And pretty much every year since 1999 they have been doing a great job of it. Personally I think the organization & us fans have suffered long enough. Time for a different team to be the NFL cellar dwellers. How about the Bungholes? What the hell is wrong w/ people in Cincinnati? Putting chili on spaghetti.:L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

what do you pick? (read above quoted post).....its an intriguing set of options....classic sports debate.

Unless I have an agreement with the others that we are all going to sacrice equal, im taking the cash.
When its said and done with the Warriors, he’ll be remembered as the real good role player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the bitch of fitting 4 guys under the cap with these 4 is that Curry and Durant are both "Kevin Durant Rule" contract guys--- meaning they can get up to 35% of the cap.

Klay will actually be a "Kevin Durant Rule" guy after next year too......eligible for between 30-35% of the cap.

you have to be entering your 8th year and have made an All NBA team that previous year or 2 of the previous 3 years, DPOY, or MVP.

So, like they said, if Klay waited thats why he can make so freaking much.... 5 years 188...since you get like a small annual raise in there as well.

thats assuming a cap of 108 next summer (not this summer- it will be less, like 104 i think).

So...if Klay takes a haircut from about 37M a year to about 20M a year...and Draymond takes a haircut from about 34M a year to about 20M a year, and Durant takes a haircut from about 38 a year to about 30M a year-- they might be able to make it work if they get rid of Iggy and dont replace him with a high value contract.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think you dont like seeing the hard black and white numbers in front of you because its easy to whitewash over them with generalities otherwise.
Nah, I'm the one with tons of recent titles. It's just sports. If Klay leaves god bless him, he's my favorite player I'll still rooting for him. Lakers are the only team I can see him going to. You're the one not getting titles to go with the 2nd best player ever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let me give you the real breakdown of that fake story my inside people that I don't have told me. The league offices are in on this as well. But the Pats only put that out there in hopes that the Browns would jump @ the info. It's in the union contract that 1 team must be the laughingstock of the league. And pretty much every year since 1999 they have been doing a great job of it. Personally I think the organization & us fans have suffered long enough. Time for a different team to be the NFL cellar dwellers. How about the Bungholes? What the hell is wrong w/ people in Cincinnati? Putting chili on spaghetti.:L
skyline chili is disgusting - i concur.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??

I'm the one that told him about this site. He's an old friend from way back.

You told him about this site? How dare you? Did he pay his entry fee yet? And more importantly did he bring popcorn?:pop2:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curiosity-

say you are in Klay's shoes...

which do you pick?

clearing 43M after 5 years--- being on the Warriors, wining another couple titles

or

clearing about 82M.....maybe going to the playoffs, doing decently, being "the man" but never winning another title

like i said to @Wamu i take the cashola. especially since id already have at least 2, if not 3 or 4 (if they win this year and or next year) titles in my back pocket.

what would you do?

For me, it would honestly depend.

How much am I making in endorsements, etc. on top of my NBA contract?

How much are my investments worth?

How happy am I with the city, the FO, my teammates, my coaches?

If all of the above, except obviously the last one which doesn't really have a monetary value, are good...then I'm staying put and collecting as many rings as I can.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I have an agreement with the others that we are all going to sacrice equal, im taking the cash.
When its said and done with the Warriors, he’ll be remembered as the real good role player.
very true

Curry already signed his deal so that is done wit--- and Durant seemed like he wasnt gonna take a haircut this summer

we shall see though.

If Klay waits he can make almost 38M a year.

if he took a considerable discount on that id be surprised.

everyone is right in saying if they all dont take discounts its just not possible

Durant making 38 a year, Curry making about taht, Klay making about that and Draymond making about htat- shit lets just say they all make 35M a year for simplicity sake even though its prob a conservative estimate on their max earning potential......

thats a 140M between 4 guys....its not possible to have that with the repeater tax and how the new CBA is set up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it would honestly depend.

How much am I making in endorsements, etc. on top of my NBA contract?

How much are my investments worth?

How happy am I with the city, the FO, my teammates, my coaches?

If all of the above, except obviously the last one which doesn't really have a monetary value, are good...then I'm staying put and collecting as many rings as I can.
apparently klay signed a deal with a chinesse shoe company for 8M a year for 10 years...lol....thats locked in though too- so whether he plays in Orlando or New York or San Fran he gets it.......

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Draymond and Klay each take about 20M a year instead of like the 35 a year they could get....and Durant takes like 30 a year instead of like the 38 a year he could get---- and they get rid of Iggy its possible....i think all ofthose things happen is a virtual impossibility but we shall see.

Yeah, like I said, it'll be tough. But it's doable if everyone cooperates. If there's a team out there where it seems like everyone will, it's the Warriors.

Ultimately, it probably comes down to how much luxury tax the Warriors are willing to pay.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt grow up poor either---- but mychal thompson isnt a multi millionaire....hes prob not even a millionaire on his own without klay.

mychal thompsons career earnings have zero effect on klays decision--- because like you said----- if you are willing to give up 65M what the hell is the difference the 1.5M (generously) your dad might have?

my point is that Klay has never received a major contract- and that when all is said and done- a "sticker price" of 121 million in the NBA comes down to considerably less than half that into Klay's actual pocket before he spends a dime.
Klay got 80 million to hock Chinese shoes.

He good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said, it'll be tough. But it's doable if everyone cooperates. If there's a team out there where it seems like everyone will, it's the Warriors.

Ultimately, it probably comes down to how much luxury tax the Warriors are willing to pay.
see thats where i kind of dont agree....

it comes down to more of the discounts by the players....

because with the repeater tax every extra million ends up costing the team an extra 5 million.

it just gets out of hand so quickly at those levels......an extra 15 million (the discount 1 of those guys would take) if they didnt take the discount - adds the 15 million, plus another 75M in just tax

so if Draymond decides to take 20 million instead of 35 million-at the highest level of repeater- that saves them 90 million dollars in one year. Tahts why i say its more about the players willing to take discounts then the teams willingness to pay.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong w/ people in Cincinnati? Putting chili on spaghetti.

I had been hearing about Cincinnati Chili and how they put it on spaghetti and that it was supposed to be good.

So, found myself an authentic Cincinnati Chili recipe...made it and put it on spaghetti.

I'll never do that again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay got 80 million to hock Chinese shoes.

He good.

Well that's not good. It's only a matter of time before Trump puts a ban on things from China entering the country. Klay better look for a shoe deal in Mexico.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been hearing about Cincinnati Chili and how they put it on spaghetti and that it was supposed to be good.

So, found myself an authentic Cincinnati Chili recipe...made it and put it on spaghetti.

I'll never do that again.

Yeah it's really bad

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hella skeptical at first too.

But, the dream of Golden State disbanding the crew likely won't happen.

The two-time NBA champion is reportedly considering a four-year extension worth $92 million, which would result in him leaving roughly $50 million on the table.

In an interview with Bleacher Report's Ric Bucher this week, Thompson said the following about his desire to remain with the Warriors:

"I was part of building this culture. It wouldn't be leaving everything I worked for behind, but it would be a whole new start. I was one of the pioneers of this. I'm one of the longest-tenured players here besides Steph, so I'm very prideful of the turnaround the Warriors have made. Just because I'm not the face of the franchise doesn't mean I'm not recognized for it. Real fans and the people in the organization and my peers around the league, they see the work I've put in and realize I've been a huge component to the success here for the last five, six, seven years, so I have an identity here. It would be hard for me to envision going anywhere else."