• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been hearing about Cincinnati Chili and how they put it on spaghetti and that it was supposed to be good.

So, found myself an authentic Cincinnati Chili recipe...made it and put it on spaghetti.

I'll never do that again.

You probably did it wrong. I'm guessing you're a shitty cool, in general

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.dumbass when it comes to basketball AND food, guess I shouldnt be surprised
eZknLEX.jpg

that looks like excrement.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see thats where i kind of dont agree....

it comes down to more of the discounts by the players....

because with the repeater tax every extra million ends up costing the team an extra 5 million.

it just gets out of hand so quickly at those levels......an extra 15 million (the discount 1 of those guys would take) if they didnt take the discount - adds the 15 million, plus another 75M in just tax

so if Draymond decides to take 20 million instead of 35 million-at the highest level of repeater- that saves them 90 million dollars in one year. Tahts why i say its more about the players willing to take discounts then the teams willingness to pay.

I think it comes down to both, how much the players will give in discounts AND how much the team is willing to pay in taxes.

But ultimately, whatever the maximum amount is that the Warriors FO is willing to pay, will determine the maximum amount each player can get from them.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any twat with half a brain would know that Houston has a chance. They won the regular season series, have this years likely MVP and home court advantage. I can't help it that you don't know about intangibles.
Derpaa

Derp derp
Wow, after reading this I am no longer confused on why you can't understand a simple concept. Too much of the extra twats, derps, etc. and not enough focus on, let me see, intangibles as you put it.

And when did I say that Houston doesn't have a chance? I actually said Dubs in 5 or 6. I can't help it if you can't comprehend nor articulate because you rode the :shortbus:. At this stage you should really get help for that, it's never too late you know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to both, how much the players will give in discounts AND how much the team is willing to pay in taxes.

But ultimately, whatever the maximum amount is that the Warriors FO is willing to pay, will determine the maximum amount each player can get from them.
my point was, because of the repeater tax, at the highest level--- say draymond gives up 15 million in salary

that saves the Warriors 90 million dollars.

that repeater tax really fucks you in the ass big time. Its what it was designed to do.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably did it wrong. I'm guessing you're a shitty cool, in general

I don't know. I used to work as a chef and I got the recipe from some restaurant that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that was supposed to be one of the best places to get it.

I suppose I could have messed something up, but I followed the recipe exactly (always do the first time I make something).

Sooo, I'm going with...it's just nasty. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I guess I'm just saying the what if scenario has a very small chance of happening so I'm not going to stress about it.
Funny because up until recently you have debated me that Klay and/or Dray leaves. Even though we told you & even provided statements from Klay himself saying he wants to stay & would take less to do so you still argued it. Now all of a sudden you think he's staying put. Interesting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curiosity-

say you are in Klay's shoes...

which do you pick?

clearing 43M after 5 years--- being on the Warriors, wining another couple titles

or

clearing about 82M.....maybe going to the playoffs, doing decently, being "the man" but never winning another title

like i said to @Wamu i take the cashola. especially since id already have at least 2, if not 3 or 4 (if they win this year and or next year) titles in my back pocket.

what would you do?
I would take the money.

But, his circumstances are way different.

Plus, the shoe money and the fact that he has no desire to be " the man ".

So, he probably stays.

Draymond is the bigger wildcard....imo

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely ignoring the most important factor here.

Klay's dad was an NBA player. He didn't grow up poor and he was never wanting for money. Most people value their personal happiness over $, and it isn't like the Warriors will be compensating him with peanuts.

I love my current work situation because I enjoy the people I am working with. Much like Klay. I would not even consider leaving unless the $ difference was life changing. The difference between $150 million and $100 million is not life changing for someone who has always lived affluently. He will be able to put food on the table for his models either way.
He just wishes & prays the Dubs break up their core because he thinks that opens a window for his beloved LBJ to win again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because up until recently you have debated me that Klay and/or Dray leaves. Even though we told you & even provided statements from Klay himself saying he wants to stay & would take less to do so you still argued it. Now all of a sudden you think he's staying put. Interesting.
Yep.

You shut me up a time or two on this exact subject.

Right now, it's only words by Klay.

But, it certainly appears to be true that he's up for major concessions.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I'm so interesting to you. There's news today that's the biggest sign yet he might stay. When the facts change I change my opinion, what do you do Madam?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the bitch of fitting 4 guys under the cap with these 4 is that Curry and Durant are both "Kevin Durant Rule" contract guys--- meaning they can get up to 35% of the cap.

Klay will actually be a "Kevin Durant Rule" guy after next year too......eligible for between 30-35% of the cap.

you have to be entering your 8th year and have made an All NBA team that previous year or 2 of the previous 3 years, DPOY, or MVP.

So, like they said, if Klay waited thats why he can make so freaking much.... 5 years 188...since you get like a small annual raise in there as well.

thats assuming a cap of 108 next summer (not this summer- it will be less, like 104 i think).

So...if Klay takes a haircut from about 37M a year to about 20M a year...and Draymond takes a haircut from about 34M a year to about 20M a year, and Durant takes a haircut from about 38 a year to about 30M a year-- they might be able to make it work if they get rid of Iggy and dont replace him with a high value contract.

@trojanfan12 made some great points, but its a ton of cash to pass on.
That being said, when is enough, enough?

Unless these guys are complete morons, their families are set for generations.
If they are complete morons, then they’ll blow the higher amount of money also.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt grow up poor either---- but mychal thompson isnt a multi millionaire....hes prob not even a millionaire on his own without klay.

mychal thompsons career earnings have zero effect on klays decision--- because like you said----- if you are willing to give up 65M what the hell is the difference the 1.5M (generously) your dad might have?

my point is that Klay has never received a major contract- and that when all is said and done- a "sticker price" of 121 million in the NBA comes down to considerably less than half that into Klay's actual pocket before he spends a dime.
Internet has him worth about 500,000 dollars, but I am willing to bet you that his home is paid for and I am pretty sure he has a nice home in the upper scale neighborhood where homes are worth well over a million. Even the cheapest home is worth 500K now and I am willing to bet you he has money in the bank, nice furniture and cars - so he is well fixed being that he managed what he did get - really well

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I'm so interesting to you. There's news today that's the biggest sign yet he might stay. When the facts change I change my opinion, what do you do Madam?
Well, we're talking about you. But what do I do? I give you facts to help you change your opinions.

You're welcome.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was skeptical too.

I thought it was possible....

Now it seems both possible and plausible.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

You shut me up a time or two on this exact subject.

Right now, it's only words by Klay.

But, it certainly appears to be true that he's up for major concessions.
I mean we have to take him at his word until he says something different or does something different. IMO a statement from the horses mouth should change it from being subjective to factual - looks like we probably agree on that. :suds:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the money.

But, his circumstances are way different.

Plus, the shoe money and the fact that he has no desire to be " the man ".

So, he probably stays.

Draymond is the bigger wildcard....imo
I think Dray stays too. Especially because they gave him a HUGE payday on his first extension. He's happy & gets along with the guys. Plus, how much more would another team really offer him - and GS not match?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, after reading this I am no longer confused on why you can't understand a simple concept. Too much of the extra twats, derps, etc. and not enough focus on, let me see, intangibles as you put it.

And when did I say that Houston doesn't have a chance? I actually said Dubs in 5 or 6. I can't help it if you can't comprehend nor articulate because you rode the :shortbus:. At this stage you should really get help for that, it's never too late you know.

Wow
You really are a moron. GS isn’t a lock to win it so wise up, yo.