• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely ignoring the most important factor here.

Klay's dad was an NBA player. He didn't grow up poor and he was never wanting for money. Most people value their personal happiness over $, and it isn't like the Warriors will be compensating him with peanuts.

I love my current work situation because I enjoy the people I am working with. Much like Klay. I would not even consider leaving unless the $ difference was life changing. The difference between $150 million and $100 million is not life changing for someone who has always lived affluently. He will be able to put food on the table for his models either way.
from what i read what he can make if he waits is 188 over 5.

if he signed a "max" right now itd be 121 over 5

if he signed a "discount" right now i dont know what that is? 100 over 5?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Houston have an oppoortunity at Lebron, they definitely could shed salary to get him, Miami as well
I thought we were talking about Klay Thompson?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not naive at all.

The Rockets area championship caliber team. My prediction has nothing to do with them. It is all about the Warriors. This is their greatest test yet, and they will be put to prove a point. The Rockets are good enough to win a game or two. I just don't think they will.

By the way, I have correctly predicted the number of games the Dubs would win in 5 of 6 series since they landed KD. Most everyone else has been wrong because they were too conservative. IMO GS is the greatest team ever, and they are out to prove it. I think 32-3 would be really tough to argue with.
From your keyboard to God's ears my man. Hope you're right.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for shits and giggles

say he signs a discount

5 years 100M

38% fed. tax
13.3% stat tax
4% agent fee
1.5% local tax

this is JUST taxes and agent fee- and not other bullshit- like property taxes which will be huge on a house, inusrance on the house, insurance on nice cars, etc which is isnanely expensive

that would leave 42.2 million dollars....

now if he waited and signed a 188M deal over 5 years

he would clear about 81.5M

Id say there is a huge difference between 42.2 million dollars and 81.5 million dollars- especially if you are a pro athlete.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Houston have an oppoortunity at Lebron, they definitely could shed salary to get him, Miami as well
:spit:Miami?

there is a better chance that I start at center for the Heat next year than the Heat being able to clear enough cap room to sign LeBron. I am not even joking. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt grow up poor either---- but mychal thompson isnt a multi millionaire....hes prob not even a millionaire on his own without klay.

mychal thompsons career earnings have zero effect on klays decision--- because like you said----- if you are willing to give up 65M what the hell is the difference the 1.5M (generously) your dad might have?

my point is that Klay has never received a major contract- and that when all is said and done- a "sticker price" of 121 million in the NBA comes down to considerably less than half that into Klay's actual pocket before he spends a dime.

I think the point he was making was Klay & his family didn't struggle. It doesn't matter what his father is worth now or even in the past. According to basketballreference.com his father made about 5.3m during his career.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point he was making was Klay & his family didn't struggle. It doesn't matter what his father is worth now or even in the past. According to basketballreference.com his father made about 5.3m during his career.
so after taxes, agent fees, etc. he would clear about 2.2...maybe slightly more

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for shits and giggles

say he signs a discount

5 years 100M

38% fed. tax
13.3% stat tax
4% agent fee
1.5% local tax

this is JUST taxes and agent fee- and not other bullshit- like property taxes which will be huge on a house, inusrance on the house, insurance on nice cars, etc which is isnanely expensive

that would leave 42.2 million dollars....

now if he waited and signed a 188M deal over 5 years

he would clear about 81.5M

Id say there is a huge difference between 42.2 million dollars and 81.5 million dollars- especially if you are a pro athlete.
You know, repeating the same shit over and over doesn't make it true. I used to be more worried about Klay and his motivations but the recent reports indicate I was being too pessimistic. Like all things, we'll see.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's in 1980s dollars so worth around triple that today. Point being Klay grew up comfortable, and it probably affects his mindset about money. In any case he's gonna do what his dog Rocco tells him to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, repeating the same shit over and over doesn't make it true. I used to be more worried about Klay and his motivations but the recent reports indicate I was being too pessimistic. Like all things, we'll see.
numbers?

I mean is there something in my calculations i did wrong/you dont believe?

whoever quoted the story said Klay can sign a max now for 5 years 121, or wait and sign a max for 5 years 188.

Then they said he would "take a discount"......i guessed the discount would be about 15%--- which would take his contract down to about 5 years 100 million

if he waited and got every last dollar- as i said- hed clear after taxes and agent fees about 81.5M......if he signed a "discount" immediately of 5 years 100 million, hed clear, lets round it up, about 43 million dollars

To me 81.5M and 43M is a humongous difference.

Would Klay be as happy with either? Maybe yes, maybe no....we shall see.....hard to definitively figure without having an idea of what his "discount" would be as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's in 1980s dollars so worth around triple that today. Point being Klay grew up comfortable, and it probably affects his mindset about money. In any case he's gonna do what his dog Rocco tells him to.
thats if he had never spent a dime remember.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact of the matter is nobody knows what Klay will do. But if money isn't his main motivator (not everyone is greedy) it's very logical for him to stay put if rings are more important to him than the size of his bank account.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right though

if he invested well he might be worth a 100 million...if he invested poorly he might be doing ads for the local used car dealership

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is nobody knows what Klay will do. But if money isn't his many motivator (not everyone is greedy) it's very logical for him to stay put if rings are more important to him than the size of his bank account.
hey i totally agree with...no one knows what he will do or what kind of discount he is willing to take

i am merely giving you the difference in salary between what seems like a reasonable discount to predict, and what the max he can make is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i totally agree with...no one knows what he will do or what kind of discount he is willing to take

i am merely giving you the difference in salary between what seems like a reasonable discount to predict, and what the max he can make is.

It's pretty much a given other teams will offer him more money than G.S. can. From a selfish standpoint I want him to leave so the Warriors won't be as strong. Hey, just being honest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the matter is nobody knows what Klay will do. But if money isn't his main motivator (not everyone is greedy) it's very logical for him to stay put if rings are more important to him than the size of his bank account.
just a question....

if it were you--- and over a 5 year period you could clear--- after taxes, fees etc....43M or 82M......and the 43M meant youd win another couple titles, etc.....and the 82M meant youd do well, be the man, but not win another title, what would you do?

after already having AT LEASt 2 titles....id take the fucking money....thats just me though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
numbers?

I mean is there something in my calculations i did wrong/you dont believe?

whoever quoted the story said Klay can sign a max now for 5 years 121, or wait and sign a max for 5 years 188.

Then they said he would "take a discount"......i guessed the discount would be about 15%--- which would take his contract down to about 5 years 100 million

if he waited and got every last dollar- as i said- hed clear after taxes and agent fees about 81.5M......if he signed a "discount" immediately of 5 years 100 million, hed clear, lets round it up, about 43 million dollars

To me 81.5M and 43M is a humongous difference.

Would Klay be as happy with either? Maybe yes, maybe no....we shall see.....hard to definitively figure without having an idea of what his "discount" would be as well.
I'm saying you have now repeated these numbers literally 5-6 times and it doesn't strengthen your argument. Once is plenty.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a question....

if it were you--- and over a 5 year period you could clear--- after taxes, fees etc....43M or 82M......and the 43M meant youd win another couple titles, etc.....and the 82M meant youd do well, be the man, but not win another title, what would you do?

after already having AT LEASt 2 titles....id take the fucking money....thats just me though.

If it was me I would rather have more rings. My family & I could live just fine off of 43m.