• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

From Marcus Thompson of The Athletic. He reports:

"According to multiple sources, Thompson and the Warriors have already engaged in discussions regarding a contract extension. If the sides agree this offseason, Thompson would not hit the free-agent market for up to another five years.

The most he could get in the first year of an extension is a 120 percent raise. With the highest annual increases allowed, that would put Thompson’s extension at four years and just over $102 million. Add the $18.9 million he is due to make in 2018-19 and Thompson is looking at a maximum five-year salary of $121 million should he sign an extension.

However, Thompson probably understands that the maximum is not really on the table. The Warriors would almost be forced to let him walk if he demanded a new deal averaging $37.6 million per year since Stephen Curry and, presumably, Kevin Durant would be making the maximum. Three maximum salaries — for players in their 30s — and luxury-tax penalties figure to be too high even for the Warriors.

What’s more, two sources said talks have included Thompson taking an extension with an average of around $23 million a year — which would come out to about four years, $92 million, nearly $50 million less than he could get on the open market — and puts his five-year total at $111 million.

The choice between $150 million in a place he doesn’t know or $110 million in a place he knows he loves — it isn’t that hard for Thompson, those close to him say. In the end, he is still set for life financially. And he still has a lucrative deal with China-based shoe company Anta, and other endorsements such as Chocolate Milk and Body Armor, to supplement his NBA salary."

:suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

"According to multiple sources, Thompson and the Warriors have already engaged in discussions regarding a contract extension. If the sides agree this offseason, Thompson would not hit the free-agent market for up to another five years.

The most he could get in the first year of an extension is a 120 percent raise. With the highest annual increases allowed, that would put Thompson’s extension at four years and just over $102 million. Add the $18.9 million he is due to make in 2018-19 and Thompson is looking at a maximum five-year salary of $121 million should he sign an extension.

However, Thompson probably understands that the maximum is not really on the table. The Warriors would almost be forced to let him walk if he demanded a new deal averaging $37.6 million per year since Stephen Curry and, presumably, Kevin Durant would be making the maximum. Three maximum salaries — for players in their 30s — and luxury-tax penalties figure to be too high even for the Warriors.

What’s more, two sources said talks have included Thompson taking an extension with an average of around $23 million a year — which would come out to about four years, $92 million, nearly $50 million less than he could get on the open market — and puts his five-year total at $111 million.

The choice between $150 million in a place he doesn’t know or $110 million in a place he knows he loves — it isn’t that hard for Thompson, those close to him say. In the end, he is still set for life financially. And he still has a lucrative deal with China-based shoe company Anta, and other endorsements such as Chocolate Milk and Body Armor, to supplement his NBA salary."

I don't care who you are. An extra 40 million is tough to leave on the table. But I think he'll stay in GS.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who you are. An extra 40 million is tough to leave on the table. But I think he'll stay in GS.
After taxes and agent fees it's about $18 mil. Still a lot of $ but not life changing at his level. He will still be banging the same number of models every night.

Do yourself a favor and Google the girls he's been with. Unbelievable.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After taxes and agent fees it's about $18 mil. Still a lot of $ but not life changing at his level. He will still be banging the same number of models every night.

What if a team from Texas or Florida offers him all they can? Neither state has income tax.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if a team from Texas or Florida offers him all they can? Neither state has income tax.
Come on man, really? Yeah go play in shitty Orlando or Dallas to save a few shekels. The article says it all, he's got more than he could ever want. At that level other considerations come in like team fit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

He would take a pay cut and they will keep the super team

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, really? Yeah go play in shitty Orlando or Dallas to save a few shekels. The article says it all, he's got more than he could ever want. At that level other considerations come in like team fit.

Damn man it was only a what if. I already said I think he'll stay in GS. You need to calm down.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn man it was only a what if. I already said I think he'll stay in GS. You need to calm down.
Yeah I'm all raging and throwing things here LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhh Miami or Houston? :laugh3:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh Miami or Houston? :laugh3:
Uh, cap space? I'm no longer super worried about him leaving but sure you can post laughing yellow dudes if it makes you happy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to guess how many W's duh Purple n Gold get next year until they revamp the roster. It won't matter who the Lakers get though. Luke Walton ain't taking them anywhere. There's only one fella in America that can fix the Lakers.

View attachment 179057
I disagree big time - Luke Walton has been an excellent coach and furthermore - Luke Walton has received the best praises from several head coaches including Popovich and Kerr. Your homerism has overcome your objectivity on this one, but I expect that from any Celtics fan who thinks they actually one that series in 2010, but not the trophy:pound:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think if a bigger/better contract is in front of him he could change his mind?
Read the article, that's my answer

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree big time - Luke Walton has been an excellent coach and furthermore - Luke Walton has received the best praises from several head coaches including Popovich and Kerr. Your homerism has overcome your objectivity on this one, but I expect that from any Celtics fan who thinks they actually one that series in 2010, but not the trophy:pound:

I keep forgetting you have no sense of humor. I'll try to stop talking shit about the Lakers just for you. And it's odd you'd make something up like I ever said the Celtics won that 2010 series. So keep on dreaming.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article, that's my answer

Why? This nonsense started over nothing more than a what if question. Because as we all know once someone says something they never change their mind. But like I already said I don't think it'll matter because I'd be surprised if he left the Warriors. Why walk away from such a great thing?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? This nonsense started over nothing more than a what if question. Because as we all know once someone says something they never change their mind. But like I already said I don't think it'll matter because I'd be surprised if he left the Warriors. Why walk away from such a great thing?
Exactly. I guess I'm just saying the what if scenario has a very small chance of happening so I'm not going to stress about it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting you have no sense of humor. I'll try to stop talking shit about the Lakers just for you. And it's odd you'd make something up like I ever said the Celtics won that 2010 series. So keep on dreaming.
Well, I know how you Celtics fans can be - so I will try to lighten up for you:lol:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're claiming that because they won the reg season series (which anyone who knows basketball knows means nothing in the post season) that they're better than GS - and I'm the one you think knows $h!t?? Now that's funny.

Derp

Any twat with half a brain would know that Houston has a chance. They won the regular season series, have this years likely MVP and home court advantage. I can't help it that you don't know about intangibles.
Derpaa

Derp derp