• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Capitals vs #8 Rangers Playoff Series Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we could do one-stop shopping for all our chatter and GNTs surrounding this series. Let me kick it off with a new video I made (warning -it's one-sided ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
henrik-lundqvist-crossed-pads.jpg

(that should even things up)

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't hink the caps will have as rough a time with the rags as people think.

this caps team is battle tested and plays with a lot of heart. i hate using vague cliches like that, but i think it's true about this team. they've been through just about enough shit that they shouldn't be intimidated by anything this year until at least the conference finals.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the biggest question mark for this series is the injury situation.

Callahan is listed as "day-to-day," but I think it's obvious he won't be playing in this series.

The Capitals have a lot of question marks and nobody knows for sure in the NHL, but I think you can expect the following:
-Mike Green to be back at the start of the series or a game or two in, he says he's ready to go
-Tom Poti will probably not play, he's barely played all season

I think our starting lineup is as follows:
OV - Backstrom - Knuble
Semin - Arnott - Laich
Sturm - Johnansson - Fehr
Hendricks - Gordon - Bradley

Carlson-Alzner
Hannan-Schultz
Green-Erskine

Neuvy in net

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henrik needs to stand on his head in order for the Rangers to have a chance in this series and with the amount he has played I think he may be a little too burnt out. Gaborik needs to find the scoring touch he had a year ago and Drury needs to get the clutch factor he had in the past back.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(that should even things up)

You got something to say, by all means join in. You don't, stick to your own thread, 'yinzer. You won't catch me pasting pictures like a 12-year old girl of Lightning stars in the Pens-Bolts thread.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't hink the caps will have as rough a time with the rags as people think.

this caps team is battle tested and plays with a lot of heart. i hate using vague cliches like that, but i think it's true about this team. they've been through just about enough shit that they shouldn't be intimidated by anything this year until at least the conference finals.

Good post, Tata. I largely agree. I think the Rangers are going to give a big effort every night though. The big difference with this Caps' team is we just need to focus on playing our game, giving 100% effort, and we're going to do very well. We get away from that... problems. But I think this team is keenly away that if they put in the work, the results will follow. Not something they understood fully the last two years. We'll see.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got something to say, by all means join in. You don't, stick to your own thread, 'yinzer. You won't catch me pasting pictures like a 12-year old girl of Lightning stars in the Pens-Bolts thread.

I owed you one for the shot you took on Sid. Lighten up francis :D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! I did:tsk:

Must have taken one too many to the noggin and my memory is fading :lol:

Just remember - he has a nice, full head of head and I have nubbins, peach fuzz, and a slowly-developing horseshoe shape.

So when you think of SportsHoopla posters and you think of horses, just think of me.

Oh shit.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember - he has a nice, full head of head and I have nubbins, peach fuzz, and a slowly-developing horseshoe shape.

So when you think of SportsHoopla posters and you think of horses, just think of me.

Oh shit.

:lol:

I think the Capitals time has finally arrived. They have learned to win games 2-1 and/or 1-0, instead of 5-4 or 6-3.

If I were a betting man, I'd put a sizable amount on either Washington or Boston to advance out of the east.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the biggest question mark for this series is the injury situation.

Callahan is listed as "day-to-day," but I think it's obvious he won't be playing in this series.

The Capitals have a lot of question marks and nobody knows for sure in the NHL, but I think you can expect the following:
-Mike Green to be back at the start of the series or a game or two in, he says he's ready to go
-Tom Poti will probably not play, he's barely played all season

I think our starting lineup is as follows:
OV - Backstrom - Knuble
Semin - Arnott - Laich
Sturm - Johnansson - Fehr
Hendricks - Gordon - Bradley

Carlson-Alzner
Hannan-Schultz
Green-Erskine

Neuvy in net

C'mon Eloco!

You got Semin and Laich Backwords! And you left out Chimmy! :shocked:

Pour moi!
OV-Backstrom-Knubs
Laich-Arnott-Jizz
Chimera-Mojo-Sturm/Fehr (Want to say fehr but probibly Sturm)
Hendricks-Gordo-Brads

Carly-Alzner
Hannan-Erskine
Green-Schultz

Neuvy

I think game 1 is key to this series. If the caps lose game 1, uh oh. If the caps win convincingly, they need to not do what they did last year and get over confident thinking they figured Halak out. A solid 2 goal win will do and keep them working hard...Maybe I worry too much.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Eloco!

You got Semin and Laich Backwords! And you left out Chimmy! :shocked:

Since when is Semin not a LW? I don't even care about the L/R thing anyway, they are on the wing either way.

Somebody's gotta sit out. I think it's gonna be Chimmer - he doesn't play much (if ever) on the PK or PP. He skates great but always botches the finishing. He has the worst +/- on the team by a mile.

I think your top 6 are set and Fehr and MoJo aren't gonna sit. So, in order I'd sit Chimera, Bradley, Sturm, and Hendricks (unless one of the top 8 are hurt).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Ritari. LIke the new avy?

Let it be known - the Caps are not afraid to trade you even in the playoffs, Alex Semin. Top talent is out there and McPhee has traded players in 5 of 7 playoff visits as a GM. We will gladly lose a roster spot and bring up a Bear for some future talent unless you perform!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th line is set unless someone gets hurt. Mojo isn't going to sit, I agree with that, but I also don't think that Chimera is going to sit. He makes things happen even if he doesn't finish. I think BB has Chimera kinda locked into that 3rd line LW spot. Also, Semin has been a RW when Liach has not been playing Center on the 2nd line.

And in order, I'd sit Sturm, Fehr, Bradley, then Chimera.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Ritari. LIke the new avy?

Let it be known - the Caps are not afraid to trade you even in the playoffs, Alex Semin. Top talent is out there and McPhee has traded players in 5 of 7 playoff visits as a GM. We will gladly lose a roster spot and bring up a Bear for some future talent unless you perform!

In soviet Russia, Caps trade you! Oh wait.....

haha yeah! TRADE SEMIN!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically if the Caps had a roster card for the offense it would look like this...

OV - Backstrom - Knuble
Laich - Arnott/Mojo - Semin
_____ - Arnott/Mojo - ______
_____ - Gordon - ______

Fill in the four spots with Chimera, Hendricks, Fehr, Sturm, and Bradley if all healthy. Add Beagle if two guys are hurt. (I agree the 4th line is largely set, but he has played Chimera in there depending on the matchups at times, I could see him doing that if he wants more speed and less bite on a given night)