• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lebron is consistent with his effort on defense"

That's a good one

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first statement was he had never played in a Game 7. You didn't have the "finals" qualifier on their at first. He did play in a number of Game 7s, but never in the Finals.

Your comments on consistency are humurous because LeBron is one of the most consistent NBA players of all time over the course of his career. Much more so than Jordan.

tumblr_lemt4yQV3U1qcfba3o1_500.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just picking and chosing. "Consistency matters in this case". "Ultimate stage matters in this case".

I mean, If consistency were the only criteria for all-time greatness, LeBron would be the runaway GOAT.

Kareem and Malone are probably the only ones who could even come close in a contest of career consistency with LeBron... and LeBron is still going.

It's not picking and choosing because it all matters when talking about an all-time great. All-time greats perform at the highest level they can, on both ends of the floor in every game and on the ultimate stage.

The only "picking and choosing" being done is by Lebron. He picks and chooses when he is going to give his best effort and, for him, that can work because of how good he is. What he, and apparently many of his fans, don't understand is that just because he can get away with it, doesn't mean his teammates can. But they follow his lead and try to do it too.

Other all timers understood this, which is why they never downplayed the regular season (that I can remember) and always gave their best effort on both ends.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lebron is one of the most consistent players of all time"

On defense? Really

This is where your being selective only when it matches your narrative.

So, consistency is really important on defense... but not in other areas?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where your being selective only when it matches your narrative.

So, consistency is really important on defense... but not in other areas?

Someone save this guy. Consistency is playing on both sides of court... consistently

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... if you guys want to talk consistency... LeBron is going to blow every other superstar out of the water - including Jordan.

LeBron is not even known for scoring and he already has the record for most seasons of 25+ ppg. The level of consistency he has shown from Day 1 to today, in the regular season, and in the playoffs is unparalleled.

There are plenty of areas where LeBron falls short to some of the other greats... but consistency is not one of them.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Lebron is a beast on offense and is consistent. That's not the issue. The issue here is his quality of defense and the effort consistently.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized this is the Bulls Celtics thread.

I'll get off your lawn now so can you continue talking about the good ol days, airbrushing the pages of nba history with your fantasy-induced nostalgia, criticizing your grandchildren, and reminiscing about when men were real manly men.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized this is the Bulls Celtics thread.

I'll get off your lawn now so can you continue talking about the good ol days, airbrushing the pages of nba history with your fantasy-induced nostalgia, criticizing your grandchildren, and reminiscing about when men were real manly men.

Men were certainly not vaginas like your boy playing D when he feels like it "so consistently".

LMAO

No grandchildren here

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy was not-existent during the 4th quarter. Wake up dude.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not picking and choosing because it all matters when talking about an all-time great. All-time greats perform at the highest level they can, on both ends of the floor in every game and on the ultimate stage.

The only "picking and choosing" being done is by Lebron. He picks and chooses when he is going to give his best effort and, for him, that can work because of how good he is. What he, and apparently many of his fans, don't understand is that just because he can get away with it, doesn't mean his teammates can. But they follow his lead and try to do it too.

Other all timers understood this, which is why they never downplayed the regular season (that I can remember) and always gave their best effort on both ends.

It's pretty simple unless you go to bed wearing a Lebron jersey

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. It's called consistency
Domination is domination. It's whenever you lace those shoes up my man
Jordan played in a game 7 of the Finals when?
1st round exits in the early/mid 80s? You must not have watch the Celtics and Pistons back then. Jordan didn't jump ship to go join a team with superstars.

MJ never got out of the first round in playoffs until Scottie showed up.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument. Jordan dominated on both sides of the court all season long every season he played. Never lost a finals. Never even got to a game 7.
They are not even in the same ballpark.

Interesting that before Doug Collins got fired -- he started using MJ as the point guard. If I remember right, he had a bunch of triple doubles in a row near the end of the season. (I remember someone writing that MJ would check his stats during the game to try to get to triple double.) But then Phil J came in and changed to the Triangle.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Lebron is a beast on offense and is consistent. That's not the issue. The issue here is his quality of defense and the effort consistently.
so your saying you have to make an all defensive team to be considered "consistent" defensively?

lol.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that before Doug Collins got fired -- he started using MJ as the point guard. If I remember right, he had a bunch of triple doubles in a row near the end of the season. (I remember someone writing that MJ would check his stats during the game to try to get to triple double.) But then Phil J came in and changed to the Triangle.

Early in his career he was a machine. Phil helped the team dynamic for sure. Look what he did for Kobe and Shaq