• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 08.09.24 Motown @ Baghdad-by-the-Bay

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade - 1b
Fitzgerald - ss
Ramos - cf
Conforto - lf
Chapman - 3b
Yastrzemski - rf
Canha - dh
Wisely - 2b
Casali - c
Ray - p

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit: …. cal

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit, Gm1 of 2012 WS was one of my favorite Giants memories.

Press had us out in a sweep, Califorina teams cannot play in the cold (any of these guys ever been to SF in Fogust?)

Panda with the game of his life and Zito outdueling Verlander. Timmeh in 2 1/3 relief.

Hard to remember a prouder moment as a Giant's fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk Alex Cobb.... I was abroad and not following during his 'dismissal".

I can't understand how his leaving helps us this year.

Given Harrison, Hicks are deep into unknown territory and Birdy is an unknown, why wouldn't we keep a vet with potential? Money move or was it a contract/roster issue?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given Harrison, Hicks are deep into unknown territory and Birdy is an unknown, why wouldn't we keep a vet with potential? Money move or was it a contract/roster issue?
Only thing I can think as to the reason why was they felt Birdsong was for real, Ray and Snell were healthy and doing well, Webb was still the ace and Harrison was doing well enough to stay in the rotation. No room for another guy when Hicks was already bumped (but should have been regardless whether there was someone to replace him or not).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit, Gm1 of 2012 WS was one of my favorite Giants memories.

Press had us out in a sweep, Califorina teams cannot play in the cold (any of these guys ever been to SF in Fogust?)

Panda with the game of his life and Zito outdueling Verlander. Timmeh in 2 1/3 relief.

Hard to remember a prouder moment as a Giant's fan
We were the underdog in all 10 series we played in the run. EVERY one. That still blows me away, 10+ years late.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I can think as to the reason why was they felt Birdsong was for real, Ray and Snell were healthy and doing well, Webb was still the ace and Harrison was doing well enough to stay in the rotation. No room for another guy when Hicks was already bumped (but should have been regardless whether there was someone to replace him or not).
Got it, personally if I thought the WC was an option this year I'd slotted in Cobb, even given his limited innings, and found a way to deal with Birdy (long relief, injury fillin.....).
Long term I agree go with the yuths, short term gotta believe Cobb would help

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were the underdog in all 10 series we played in the run. EVERY one. That still blows me away, 10+ years late.
I'd don't remember being more emotional over a baseball game

Every fan and every announcer pre-game had this as a lock-cinch Verlander W.

An amazing evening

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was torn about his departure. We could have used him as an insurance starter, but he was pretty expensive for that role. And we didn't know how he would come back from injury. Tonight, he got pounded by the Twins for 5 runs.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was torn about his departure. We could have used him as an insurance starter, but he was pretty expensive for that role. And we didn't know how he would come back from injury. Tonight, he got pounded by the Twins for 5 runs.
Well you do know he is in the League with the Designated Hitter.... SOBs QUIETLY to myself..:sad2::brick:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I didn't know the cost of keeping vs trading. Thought he was under contract so keeping should have not been a net outlay. Gotta believe he's got some W's in his arm this year