• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 07.14.24 - Snell's Getaway

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. They would have been all over that bottom of the 9th had they been watching
See Ya Adele GIF by E!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including today, since 6/27, here is Soler’s line…

.259/.322/.500/.822

Not all-star worthy, by any stretch, but certainly a solid contributor. He has been hitting much better of late.
I’m certainly never going to confused with a GM, but I’d trade his slash line for some meaningful game winning RBIs

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doval is evidently quite uncomfortable having the bases empty, so he immediately walks a batter and gives up a double. 2nd and 3rd and no outs in the 9th.
No he isnt

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going down the "what a waste of a beautiful Snellzilla game by Doval," then I realized the team is cooked and it doesn't matter anyway. Snell is building value and that's all that matters.
Weak ass fan

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Jackson is the weakest link in the bullpen but a decent argument can be made that Doval is number two.
Good lord you people

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaz sees 3 pitches at 100 MPH and promptly gets a hit on the first pitch below 100.
Yaz has quietly got his numbers up to a respectable level

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isnt

Good lord you people
I know that we all have our favorites. Mine is arguably Tyler Rogers. cal's is Brandon Belt and tzill is himself. But have you seen the game logs for Doval since the start of June? He has a few dominant games, with a bunch of shaky ones and a few really bad ones.
Further going into my statement that he is arguably the 2nd worst relievers on this team, as the bullpen is currently constituted, he is second to last among the bullpen in ERA+ and ERA. He is the worst in WHIP. Now he doesn't look as bad in hits allowed per 9 (5th), and is good in home runs per 9 (3rd) and leads the bullpen in Ks per 9 but also leads the bullpen in most walks per 9 and is second to last in Ks to Ws ratio.
Now I'm not saying Doval is horrible, I think the Giants should hang on to him and believe he can bounce back but it seems pretty obvious that he is not very good right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Krukow is one of the most shill-y voices in the game over the last few years. Nothing any player does is bad, and every slump is just about be broken for every player. His orange-tinted glasses have begun to grate on my nerves for a while now.

That said…

Holy shit, dude. He absolutely ripped Doval a new one this AM. I don’t ever remember Kruk going that gangster on any current Giant.

If you have lost Kruk, you have serious issues.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that we all have our favorites. Mine is arguably Tyler Rogers. cal's is Brandon Belt and tzill is himself. But have you seen the game logs for Doval since the start of June? He has a few dominant games, with a bunch of shaky ones and a few really bad ones.
Further going into my statement that he is arguably the 2nd worst relievers on this team, as the bullpen is currently constituted, he is second to last among the bullpen in ERA+ and ERA. He is the worst in WHIP. Now he doesn't look as bad in hits allowed per 9 (5th), and is good in home runs per 9 (3rd) and leads the bullpen in Ks per 9 but also leads the bullpen in most walks per 9 and is second to last in Ks to Ws ratio.
Now I'm not saying Doval is horrible, I think the Giants should hang on to him and believe he can bounce back but it seems pretty obvious that he is not very good right now.
Already noted that we can take out the 4 ERs and 1 out he recorded on Father's Day being used to mop up with a 9 run lead. His numbers are quite acceptable then, and yes you can throw that one out, that's obviously an aberration that has nothing to do with his talent.

He is plenty 'good' he's just not doing as well as last year when he looked historically good most of the year, like best Giants closer ever good.

He has elite stuff on 3 pitches and is still young and learning. Yes his demeanor needs work. He's easily the livest arm in the pen and only Tyler Rogers can make a case he's a better reliever overall this year. We also have no better closers to use. Doval is not the problem with this team (4 blown saves, 17 saves is pretty normal for relievers)

No doubt he's not nails like 2022 and most of 2023. He needs to work on things. He's still a very very good closer.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Krukow is one of the most shill-y voices in the game over the last few years. Nothing any player does is bad, and every slump is just about be broken for every player. His orange-tinted glasses have begun to grate on my nerves for a while now.

That said…

Holy shit, dude. He absolutely ripped Doval a new one this AM. I don’t ever remember Kruk going that gangster on any current Giant.

If you have lost Kruk, you have serious issues.
Dang, yeah that's real. Good! Doval does need to fix things. I believe he will.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been outed as Susac!!

Damn it.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already noted that we can take out the 4 ERs and 1 out he recorded on Father's Day being used to mop up with a 9 run lead. His numbers are quite acceptable then, and yes you can throw that one out, that's obviously an aberration that has nothing to do with his talent.

He is plenty 'good' he's just not doing as well as last year when he looked historically good most of the year, like best Giants closer ever good.

He has elite stuff on 3 pitches and is still young and learning. Yes his demeanor needs work. He's easily the livest arm in the pen and only Tyler Rogers can make a case he's a better reliever overall this year. We also have no better closers to use. Doval is not the problem with this team (4 blown saves, 17 saves is pretty normal for relievers)

No doubt he's not nails like 2022 and most of 2023. He needs to work on things. He's still a very very good closer.
Father's Day counts, or can we cherry pick all the bullpen guys worst outing and say it doesn't count?