• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 07.14.24 - Snell's Getaway

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 DOMINANT games, back to back for Snell. And his rough start CAN be explained away, fitting within the narrative of his career tendencies. Maybe he can have some trade value.

I hear the Dodgers are looking for anyone whose arm is attached to their body. Man, can you imagine their record if they had half the pitchers back from the IL?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out hope that this year is just an aberration. But it still doesn't make it enjoyable to watch this year.
I agree, not sure what it is - focus, attention, arrogance - but whatever it is, it's not being corrected

I feel the same way about Soler. We all know he better than his stint with us, but he isn't changing. No reason for him to be in the lineup. Leadoff change of scenery hasn't really corrected things and his value is not as a lead off hitter. He needs to be removed from the line up. Put anyone else in. I'd rather see Fitz or Matos get more looks. If Soler can work it out, great. Otherwise time to cut ties

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the Dodgers are looking for anyone whose arm is attached to their body. Man, can you imagine their record if they had half the pitchers back from the IL?
How 'bout if the Giants had their ptichers?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, not sure what it is - focus, attention, arrogance - but whatever it is, it's not being corrected

I feel the same way about Soler. We all know he better than his stint with us, but he isn't changing. No reason for him to be in the lineup. Leadoff change of scenery hasn't really corrected things and his value is not as a lead off hitter. He needs to be removed from the line up. Put anyone else in. I'd rather see Fitz or Matos get more looks. If Soler can work it out, great. Otherwise time to cut ties

As much as I'd agree with you, you don't just cut ties with a $42 million salary package.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for Brooks' error. Yaz never would have scored if the Giants had to drive him in themselves!
I think we all know how that 2 outs with runner on third and Soler at bat would have ended.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wish.
Awkward Dj Pauly D GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say bench him. Let him feel the shame, maybe that will straighten him out, maybe not. But he isn’t doing enough as a starter.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including today, since 6/27, here is Soler’s line…

.259/.322/.500/.822

Not all-star worthy, by any stretch, but certainly a solid contributor. He has been hitting much better of late.
There is no doubt he has improved, compared to when he didn’t do anything, but days like today reminds of how bad he can be.