• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WrestleMania 33 thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reigns is only getting booed because the "smarks" think they're being cool and hip. Whose to say that if they do turn him heel those same fans wont start cheering him because they're trying to be different. The hate for Reigns is nothing like the hate for Cena was because people were generally tired of Cena on top all the time so they booed him, with Reigns they just boo because they're hipsters who think they're cool.
Who cares why the crowd boos him?
As far as the idea that the crowd might like him, isn't that what you want for the guy you plan on building the company around for a decade. Give him a year run as a heel and then turn him back.

I also think the Cena dynamic was more complicated than people being tired of him. It was attitude era fans resenting the traditional good guy character. His verbal skills are really unique so he was able to pull it off. I don't think many performers can do what he did.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And it might help with the boos, but that's not the point. To WWE, why would they mess with their top merch guy? They have no reason to since he is already selling the way he is.
Again I don't put much stock in the merch numbers because he has no competition and I doubt ( can't say concluisevely without access to them) they match his push.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I don't put much stock in the merch numbers because he has no competition and I doubt ( can't say concluisevely without access to them) they match his push.
What do you mean he doesn't have much comp. Are you saying people don't buy the merch of the person they like the most. If people were that behind KO like the cheers say, wouldn't he sell more merch?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you mean he doesn't have much comp. Are you saying people don't buy the merch of the person they like the most. If people were that behind KO like the cheers say, wouldn't he sell more merch?
Yes I'm saying that the families and the kids at houseshows are going to buy the merch of the guy who's been booked like a superhero for 3 years. Again, nobody seems to have access to the exact numbers but my eyes tell me hes not moving merch like prime era Cena (which is who you have to compare him to based on his booking)

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who cares why the crowd boos him?
As far as the idea that the crowd might like him, isn't that what you want for the guy you plan on building the company around for a decade. Give him a year run as a heel and then turn him back.

Let me go into more detail on this since it didn't really come out how I meant it.

Let's say people boo him because they're contrarins, or because they're jealous he probably had better luck with girls than they do, or they hate that he got fastracked to the top...

That's all stuff you can make part of a valid heel character.

Personally I think it'd make for compelling pro wrestling but I don't mind if people prefer him in his current role.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me go into more detail on this since it didn't really come out how I meant it.

Let's say people boo him because they're contrarins, or because they're jealous he probably had better luck with girls than they do, or they hate that he got fastracked to the top...

That's all stuff you can make part of a valid heel character.

Personally I think it'd make for compelling pro wrestling but I don't mind if people prefer him in his current role.

But I'm saying the people who boo would only cheer if he's a heel to continue being different. Once they turn him back face they would go back to booing him. There's no getting through to those people despite how stupid they are at this point. A Reigns heel turn wouldn't work because you'd be in the exact same boat you are now, half cheers and half boos only the people doing it would be flopped, there's no point in doing that when nothing will change.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First WM season I haven't followed in a long time. Didn't even know who was on the card until I saw this thread. Therefore I don't know any of the storylines or anything, but just by looking at this card on paper nothing seems like a must see. The only one that looks remotely decent is Seth vs HHH.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But I'm saying the people who boo would only cheer if he's a heel to continue being different. Once they turn him back face they would go back to booing him. There's no getting through to those people despite how stupid they are at this point. A Reigns heel turn wouldn't work because you'd be in the exact same boat you are now, half cheers and half boos only the people doing it would be flopped, there's no point in doing that when nothing will change.

There's probably truth to this but I think they could make it work.

If he cheated and turned heel to beat the UT in his last match some contrarin smarks might cheer him but overall I think there'd be nuclear heat. Book him similar to how Orton was booked with the authority where they play up him being the choosen one of the company brass and have him heel it up to beat the smark favorites (balor, owens, zayn, nakamura, rollins etc). I hate detailed fantasy booking a storyline that probably has little chance of happening but I think there's money there. I've heard him in out of character interviews and he's a fairly articulate guy. I think his promos would improve. He'll probably never be Cena or Punk on the mic but if they let him loose as a heel he might get good at it.
After 6 months people would be ready to accept him as a face and you could do a slow build for another 6 months for the turn.
I think it could work and with him being the future there it's worth the gamble.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Rollins won't be wrestling. News is it will be HHH vs Finn Balor

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Ross' wife just died two days after her accident. I think it was the 23rd. Kind of think he might get back to work now but this is kind of quick.

I cannot believe they will choose Reigns to be Takers last match. That guy has enough against him, I sure hope he does not beat him to retirement, but how can WWE continue to pay taker his 860K a year for one match and a few appearances?

the other that might retire is Nikki Bella, with the rumors being that Cena will propose after they beat Miz and Maryse. I read it was a 75 page contract she had to sign when she moved into his house, I wonder what their marriage contract will be like.

Lesnar went down to a light spear from Goldberg on Raw, should guarantee him the win tonight with last guy to dive on tv wins the match.

JR did a podcast not long after losing his wife. He talks about why he decided to do his podcast and why he is in Orlando (future tense on the podcast obviously). It was respect to his wife. He knows she would want him to do what he loved. I was shocked how composed he kept himself as you know he was struggling talking about what happened to his wife and everything.

I think this is a big Farewell WrestleMania. I think a year from now, Goldberg and Undertaker will be retired. On Stone Cold's podcast, Court Bauer said Chris Jericho is going to go on tour with his band. Who knows if he will hang up his boots for good or not. He definitely still has it. It seems like Big Show will get somewhat of a push to get others over. Kane (I think could possibly a surprise cameo somewhere) and Mark Henry have to be nearing the end of their careers.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot find where it says he if off the card, but I don't know if WWE would want to risk it with that high of a fever.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot find where it says he if off the card, but I don't know if WWE would want to risk it with that high of a fever.

It was 10 minutes before april fools too. I read a click bait where Stephanie said HHH will end Rollins career this sunday.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see it vs undertaker though. The absolute best heel turn Reigns could do is to pound on the rock when he comes to help his nephew again. He already did a "I want to do it on my own" deal, but if it came to blows with Rock, that would turn heel much bigger than against the old crippled undertaker.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also disappointed with how they done the women's matches. Raw is okay, but Nia Jax does not need to be in it. SmackDown's is way too clustered. SmackDown should have done two women's matches.

I am a fan of Nia. WWE needs a woman like her. I do like how she is not getting an unbeatable role, like they did with Umaga. That is the same with Braun Strowman. Dominant force, but obviously beatable. Nia is just not ready for title discussion.

What I would have done for SmackDown was have Alexa Bliss (with Mickey James ringside) vs Natalya vs Naomi in a Triple Threat. Maybe have a Fatal 4-Way and have Natalya in it. I think Natalya has earned a title picture push. Mickey James should be a valet longer. I like Becky Lynch, but she needs to take a step back so she doesn't overdo the title run.

Also, I have been binge watching Raw episodes over the past month from late 1995 and I am in Aug 1997. I am noticing how many females were valets to males. Not only in that era, but since that era. Chyna, Sunny, Sheri, Sable, Trish Stratus, Lita, Teri Runnels, Staci Keibler, Steph, Melina, and there are many more. I think WWE should start having more female valets for male talents. Braun Strowman and Baron Corbin are ones that could use one that is good on the mic.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see it vs undertaker though. The absolute best heel turn Reigns could do is to pound on the rock when he comes to help his nephew again. He already did a "I want to do it on my own" deal, but if it came to blows with Rock, that would turn heel much bigger than against the old crippled undertaker.

I agree. I haven't really cared for this one since it was announced. Everyone loves the Undertaker, but he should have quit coming back a few years ago.

You are right about The Rock. He would be a great one for a heel turn. I thought The Rock was a great time for Cena as it was when the crowd turned on Cena. Another time was with CM Punk. WWE did not give him the turn during those times and they were perfect times as the crowd was turning against him. The crowd was basically asking for it. Reigns isn't good at forcing the crowd to turn. He can be a good heel, but it won't be like Jericho's turn recently. Jericho went from a major heel to a major babyface in a week. I thought it was amazing.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nakamura lost his rematch to Roode. You can start the speculation he shows up to the main roster in the next 72 hrs.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I got thinking about the card is two things. (1) KISS method is being used for nearly all of the matches and (2) almost all could be reaching the peak of the storyline.

The SmackDown's women championship break both of the rules and will be a cluster. Too many participants and with 13 matches and who knows how many promos. Undertaker will probably take 20 minutes to get to the ring, same with Enzo and Cass. And with it being a women's match with no relevance, it should not be a long match. Too many storylines, or lack there of.

Nia Jax adds nothing to the Raw women's. Storyline for the other three: Charlotte trying to break the friendship between Sasha Banks and Bayley. I think it is a great opportunity for Sasha to turn heel.

All of the others seem to have a storyline established where it is reaching climax, and could possibly change after WM.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardys lost the ROH tag titles tonight, expect them to be at Mania (or Raw)

Also, Drew McIntyre (Galloway) has resigned with WWE and will be joining NXT

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nakamura lost his rematch to Roode. You can start the speculation he shows up to the main roster in the next 72 hrs.
I say he's in the Andre battle royal.