• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you want Charlie Strong to be at Notre Dame?

Charlie Strong for a DC/Staff Member at ND?

• Total voters

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before I'd take him as head coach. There was too much rot for him to overcome in TX. If a move were made now this team is salvageable and by and large lacking the types of players that would fuck up a locker room.

If Kelly ends up staying, I'd like to see him as DC. I think he'd have the balls to stand up to Kelly.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before I'd take him as head coach. There was too much rot for him to overcome in TX. If a move were made now this team is salvageable and by and large lacking the types of players that would fuck up a locker room.

If Kelly ends up staying, I'd like to see him as DC. I think he'd have the balls to stand up to Kelly.
Oh yeah totally agree, nobody messes with Strong plus he's been at Notre Dame before.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind him as a defensive coordinator, but I would be reluctant to hire someone for head coach whose top success was beating Notre Dame.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

I think Texas is the worst job to go to. Everyone looks at you as a savior to the program and you are going to make us a playoff team in the 1st year and years to come

Last edited:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

I think Texas is the worst job to go to. Everyone looks at you as a savior to the program and you are going to make us a playoff team in the 1st year and years to come
Problem is, I don't think ND is that far behind. There is no conf to play for so every year is NC or bust for the most part. The pressure is there every year to make a playoff push, and every move is criticized. It's definitely a high pressure position.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that he'd be my #1 choice (of what's currently available), but I wouldn't mind having him over Kelly, or even better as DC. However, I don't know that BK is confident enough to hire someone like Strong onto his staff. I feel like BK would wonder if he's hiring his eventual replacement if he hired someone with big time head coaching experience. Hoping what I see as his insecurities doesn't lead to a "run of the mill" DC selection.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much this. I think he'd be a better fit as a DC for us, but I want Kelly gone so bad that I'd be willing to give him a shot at HC.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that he'd be my #1 choice (of what's currently available), but I wouldn't mind having him over Kelly, or even better as DC. However, I don't know that BK is confident enough to hire someone like Strong onto his staff. I feel like BK would wonder if he's hiring his eventual replacement if he hired someone with big time head coaching experience. Hoping what I see as his insecurities doesn't lead to a "run of the mill" DC selection.
Kelly's had too many yes men. He can't fix the glaring holes if nobody can tell him they're there.

Besides. He needs to feel the heat.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with Sanford as HC and Strong as a DC. Need guys the players respect, BK has lost that.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong as DC? Sure.

Strong as Head coach? No