• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

would miami be a good fit in sec??

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe conferences haven't out lived their original purpose. Especially with modern travel options. Perhaps the NCAA should just step in and create 8 divisions or whatever and put teams in them according to geography (real geography, not that fake crap the NFL uses) and institute a true football program that includes a playoff at the end of the year.

Just a thought...

canefangary

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe conferences haven't out lived their original purpose. Especially with modern travel options. Perhaps the NCAA should just step in and create 8 divisions or whatever and put teams in them according to geography (real geography, not that fake crap the NFL uses) and institute a true football program that includes a playoff at the end of the year.

Just a thought...

would be nice

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't pick up FSU. We play those fags every year anyways. Nothing new.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would ditching the conferences give much more power to the NCAA though?

canefangary

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
who in the sec wouldnt want a great weekend at south beach and having two bcs bowls as home stadiums in your conference

well the sugar bowl is as close as it gets for lsu right?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the schools should tell the NCAA to go fuck themselves and have their own governing system.

which may happen, but then who regulates it and do you start paying players then?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest you want Miami to go to the SEC? They have yet to do anything in the ACC and the ACC isnt really that big of a football conference, its a basketball conference. Miami has been a major let down since leaving the Big Least.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason we call it the Almost Competitive Conference

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always thought that is where miami should have been, when the vols came down a few years back i had sevral around me that thought the same thing even the sec likes south beach

miami might be able to compete with Vandy in the SEC...could make a good rivalry.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, just for the sake of conversation (not saying i'm buying into the rumors or anything) but here is another one i've been seeing popping up on a lot of boards:

http://www.agtimes.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=68161

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in Iowa City on Friday and stopped at the Wig & Pen to see my friend, Dick Querry. Then the Dark One walked in. Nothing had been scheduled. However, he did have some good information about the expansion plans in BCS conferences.

His friend in the south, Harry the Hat, called him that morning to tell him that the SEC might pull the trigger before the Big Ten or the Pac Ten. Harry said that Mike Slive, the Boss Hogg of the SEC, has been talking to Texas A&M and Virginia Tech. A&M is tired of being the little brother to the Longhorns.
Florida does not want FSU or Miami in the league to share all the money of the SEC TV contract which will be renegotiated upward if teams are added. A&M would add the Texas TV markets while Virginia Tech would add the DC/Baltimore market.

That should leave Texas free to join the Big Ten without the A&M tagalong. The Shadow thinks the Big Ten will add more in the sunbelt with Georgia Tech. Rutgers, Maryland and Notre Dame would complete the league at 16. BC is a possibility but the Domers may not want another Catholic school to share in the grab for TV dollars.

Woohah

Semper Fi
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SEC is (apparently) looking very hard at NC State. Obviously this is to expand their footprint but NC State???? Really????

Do you have a link for said statement? I have been seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about aTm but nothing about NC State.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't pick up FSU. We play those fags every year anyways. Nothing new.

Yeah, but if they were in your division it would really mean something....

I could see 8 super conferences all playing a conference championship game then seeding into an 8 team playoff... More teams in your conference to play means less out of conference play. Sounds fun.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link for said statement? I have been seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about aTm but nothing about NC State.

If aTm is coming, the SEC would need another team to even it out... I have not seen anything to lead me to believe NCst is in the running

Woohah

Semper Fi
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If aTm is coming, the SEC would need another team to even it out... I have not seen anything to lead me to believe NCst is in the running

That's true. Does this mean tSEC moves to a 13 game regular season + CCG?

What part of the Ham are you in BMW? Calera here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. My info does not come with or from links, ha ha. Other possibilities are Missouri and Virginia Tech but the former is tied heavily to another school and the latter is (at this time) not interested.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait...BadMotoWeazal....you wouldnt have had another screenname at disney would you...maybe one that started with "bmw"?......