• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Owner In The NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your bitter when it comes to Jerry, God knows he gave us all enough reasons to be. But there will always be something wrong when you allow the bitter emotions of recent failures to deny the existence of Jerry past accomplishments.

Yea, you have stupid shit like the art work. But I see the Art work but i also see that it sits inside one of the worlds
top sports venues.

We have been arguing this since day one. I only care to do it once a year so we are good till 2017.

You want the nice stadium??? You got it. If Jerry stuck to those things and stayed away from personnel moves I'd give him the thumbs up. Until then he gets the well deserved middle finger. It's not me that disagrees with you on this it's most Cowboy fans and really Football fans that have followed Jones and the Cowboys in any way whatsoever. Why do you think that is???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it is in no way being bitter. That's just a silly statement. It's calling things as they are. You are hanging onto the glory years that have long since gone away and were in very little part due to Jerry Jones in the first place...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually...any owner willing to go into his own pocket to build a stadium is not ALL bad. At least from afar, the Fords seem to mostly stay out of the forefront.

I agree with that. My thought though is when you have a team that has been this bad for this long either they have not hired the right people to hire the right personnel or they are just not listening to the right people. I mean we are talking about a team that has won one playoff game since 1957. So that would mean since the Super Bowl era started in 1967 they have had 1 playoff win. 60 years of pretty much a fanbase putting up with crap. Even the terrible franchises have had a stretch run of doing something or lucking into something.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most important things the owner does is find the right people to run his team and understand that he is NOT the one to be making the daily decisions on the direction of the team. That is why Jerry Jones is a horrible owner. What other owner would have not fired Jerry Jones the GM after his performance over the last 20 years?
Jerrah should just write the checks and stay the fuck out of personnel decision making.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it is in no way being bitter. That's just a silly statement. It's calling things as they are. You are hanging onto the glory years that have long since gone away and were in very little part due to Jerry Jones in the first place...
Well over the last few years he has relinquished most duties to Steven and Will McClay, so he kind of did fire Jerry the GM.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. My thought though is when you have a team that has been this bad for this long either they have not hired the right people to hire the right personnel or they are just not listening to the right people. I mean we are talking about a team that has won one playoff game since 1957. So that would mean since the Super Bowl era started in 1967 they have had 1 playoff win. 60 years of pretty much a fanbase putting up with crap. Even the terrible franchises have had a stretch run of doing something or lucking into something.

I'm with you on the ineptness of the Lions and at some point a finger or two has to point back to ownership. But worst to me means bad facilities, travel cheaply, poorly run front office, scouting dept....the Lions were close, but they overpaid megatron and that showed up when they needed to get a legit WR2, and maintain some of the their DL guys, they lost Avril, Suh, and Fairley...the window is certainly closing on Stafford's career.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want the nice stadium??? You got it. If Jerry stuck to those things and stayed away from personnel moves I'd give him the thumbs up. Until then he gets the well deserved middle finger. It's not me that disagrees with you on this it's most Cowboy fans and really Football fans that have followed Jones and the Cowboys in any way whatsoever. Why do you think that is???

I'm defending Jerry as not being the NFL's worst owner. Judging the entire body of work, the good and the bad, he is not the worst owner.

You have done this before. You make this assumption that I'm in support of the job that Jerry has done in the last 15 years or so. How could anyone support that? Jerry the GM has been horrendous.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well over the last few years he has relinquished most duties to Steven and Will McClay, so he kind of did fire Jerry the GM.
Most duties??? Totally not true IMO. He is staying more out of the draft picks, because he doesn't likely even know half the players, but this idea Stephen has taken over is hogwash. Does he have more influence than in the past? Sure, but Jerry still makes the calls.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst owner in the NFL? My vote is for this dumbfuck in Cleveland...

jimmy-halsman-laughing.gif

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry might get too involved, but he does care about the Cowboy's and whether they win or not... at least HE CARES.... Try being a Mariners baseball fan for a while and you'll understand what not caring feel's like ....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a COWBOY fan, somewhat of an expert.
Who hires the GM for a football team, for the most part?
The owner .....And that would be, the same guy who fired a coach who had been the real GM and had won two consecutive Super Bowls.....that guy

Jerry I put a spin on everything Jones

I'm a Cowboy fan and think you are an idiot. Jerry isn't the best owner, but he is FAR from the worst. As a Jags or Browns fan about their owner.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any owner that continues to let Marvin Lewis coach his team is obviously the worst

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY OP's standards, Lurie should be the worst owner on that list. The others have at least made hirings that won SB's. Lurie keeps doing complete reversals. Hired Chip who sold off anything of value in a "quantity over quality" exchange, and now his replacement is selling off those pieces for picks.

And his trophy case is empty, so I have no idea why he gets a pass while Snyder and Jerry are bashed.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever currently owns the Browns, that is my answer. That place is a giant clusterfuck. I just hope the new HC doesn't get tainted by his tenure there.

The Titans have been mismanaged worse than them over the last ten years.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man after reading this thread you realize their are a lot of crap teams in the NFL. As for Jerry, I thought he turned a corner when he stopped passing out contracts to dummies and started building through the draft, but then Greg Hardy happened.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY OP's standards, Lurie should be the worst owner on that list. The others have at least made hirings that won SB's. Lurie keeps doing complete reversals. Hired Chip who sold off anything of value in a "quantity over quality" exchange, and now his replacement is selling off those pieces for picks.

And his trophy case is empty, so I have no idea why he gets a pass while Snyder and Jerry are bashed.

Snyder bought the team with trophies already in the case (from previous owner) doesn't count!

Jerry last won a "trophy" with JJ, who some would believe was the architect of rebuild Big D back into a powerhouse only to piss him off and let a good thing walk cause ego's weren't checked at the door!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me something must be going on in Detroit. We have now had 2 legends of the game in Calvin and Sanders who have retired not quite in their prime but with plenty of good years still left in them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three pages, and noone mentioned the Bidwells yet.

Shame

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me something must be going on in Detroit. We have now had 2 legends of the game in Calvin and Sanders who have retired not quite in their prime but with plenty of good years still left in them.

It's the water!