• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Owner In The NFL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still amazed, even after all that has happened, that some posters defend Jerry Jones........

He fired Landry in a classless way
He fired a head coach (Jimmy Johnson) who basically built the team and coaching staff that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 seasons.
He was cheap with EMMITT SMITH and almost cost a championship
Overspent on Deion Sanders.cost the COWBOYS salary cap and players leaving for years
Hired Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey,Dave Campo,Wade Phillips,and Jason"YES" Garrett.
Spent two first round draft picks and 42 million dollars on Joey Galloway
Spent 45 million on Marion Barber and then drafted Felix Jones in the next draft
Spent a 1,3,7 draft pick on Roy Williams....and then proceeded to draft Dez Bryant
He allowed Terrel Owens,PacMan Jones,Alonzo Spellman,Tank Johnson,and Greg Hardy to wear the STAR
He drafted the future Hall of Fame QBs Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, and Chad Hutchinson
How many players has Jerry overspent on?.......Miles Austin who?
And Jerry has recently admitted on radio, that maybe Jason Garrett was learning on the job......
Where is DeMarco Murray? Titans?

I get a little testy when it comes to talking about our idiot owner.
Jerry has always wanted the soap opera and publicity, and he thinks high TV ratings are just as good as a championship NFL team. And I feel sorry for Romo, Witten, Lee, Bryant, the Oline, DeMarcus Ware (in the past) who have had to play in that circus. Jerry says the Window is closing on the current group. Gee I wonder who has helped closing that window.

Saying Jerry isn't the worst owner isn't exactlydefending him it's saying other teams have worse owners.
Answer this for me, will you trade Jerry for every other of the 31 owners?
I know there are a few owners I would not want in lieu of Jerry.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Jerry isn't the worst owner isn't exactly defending him it's saying other teams have worse owners.
Answer this for me, will you trade Jerry for every other of the 31 owners?
I know there are a few owners I would not want in lieu of Jerry.

I admit I tend to see red when I talk about Jerry Jones....And I just can't get by, his BS marketing personality.
And you're correct, there are a number of owners worse than Jerry......
Although, since 1994, it's tough to make a case for that, since Barry got to drive Jimmy's Ferrari. I believe the COWBOYS aren't even a .500 team since then.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hired all the right people and got 3 rings for it.

I don't care how long ago it was it still happened. Judge Jerry on his entire history not just a selected portion of it.

The real genius and true architect for those rings should at the very least merit an honable mention. Vikings GM at the time Mike Lynn. What if: Vikings didn't make Walker trade?

article said:
The date: Oct. 12, 1989

The event: Vikings general manager Mike Lynn strikes a deal to send five players and eight draft picks to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for Walker and four future draft picks.

The aftermath:

I'm not saying Johnson was a bad HC or Jones is the NFL's worst owner, but the best thing ether did imo was not get in Lynn's way. And while it would be worse if Lynn actually orchestrated this deal. Even merely agreeing to it should've gotten him put in irons and flogged in the biggest town square in Minnesota. For at least a month long mourning period so Minnesotans could travel from all parts off the state, To mock, ridicule and gnash their teeth at his silly ass.

Far as the two JJ's go. from what I've read and seen. There's enough blame to go around for the both of them far as not being able to co-exist for more than 5 years and literally divorcing one another after winning back to back titles in years 4 and 5.

What made it even more crazy is in my 43 years of being an NFL fan. I haven't seen a team that was as poised, and ready to make a Super Bowl run that would've been unprecedented, at least imo. As I think that team could've reeled off 3 to 4 Super Bowl wins in a row and possibly w/o that much difficulty. They had a great mix of talent, cockiness/bravado and work ethic. Along with a HC who knew the right buttons to push and when to push em. As well as players in Aikman and Irvin who were great fits in their roles on the team. I also agree with the article concerning Emmitt Smith. He was the linchpin of that team. Which makes it that much more of a trip seeing the devaluation of RBs right before our eyes.

And to the two JJs who both were unable to keep their egos in check just a little longer to accomplish what has never bee done and may never get done. I just have this to say.....

Thank you, two JJs. Sincerely and wholeheartedly I thank the both of youse.

Last edited: