• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Within two years the Lakers will be the better team in LA

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhh, we haven't told him where they are. :dhd:
I know where they are, but things are different from last year. Now that my mother is gone, I am out in the field more doing audits. Trying to get my income back to 70K a year like it used to be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where they are, but things are different from last year. Now that my mother is gone, I am out in the field more doing audits. Trying to get my income back to 70K a year like it used to be.

I know. But the shot was there...had to take it. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the man who was dead last in our fantasy league:whistle: The question is are you up to try it again in Oct:feedback:

Don't know if I'll participate or not. I'm just not into fantasy sports. The only reason I did this time was to help you get the numbers you needed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I'll participate or not. I'm just not into fantasy sports. The only reason I did this time was to help you get the numbers you needed.

Don't worry, Ill bring up the rear in your honor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciated it to, I have already talked to Mecca, so I think she will take your spot. If it doesn't work out then I will join a couple others on CBS for the experience.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that most of the others that were in it last year will return, so I'm pretty sure it won't be too hard to get the 12 needed. I am thinking of trying one where I let the automatic draft do the choosing after I rank a few players out of my line up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciated it to, I have already talked to Mecca, so I think she will take your spot. If it doesn't work out then I will join a couple others on CBS for the experience.
:thumb: I'm in.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for starters, they likely have a better coach. They also have young talent that will improve. Obviously, they'd like to land a couple of top level players to get turned around more quickly. But even if they don't and just take whoever they get with their pick, normal improvement and better coaching will make them better. Just not as fast as they'd improve with a couple of top FA's.

A few years ago, the Warriors had a very young Curry and Thompson and weren't exactly tearing up the league. Better coaches, their own improvement, couple of roster tweaks and look at them now.

Also, landing one top level player whether via trade or FA, will likely attract another one. Example, assuming they keep the pick, reports are that they intend to make a strong run at trading for Paul George. If they are able to get that trade done (which I don't think they will), combine George with the young talent they already have and a coach that a lot of folks are pretty high on, they suddenly become much more interesting to top FA's.

The taxes in California don't make the Lakers as attractive to free agents as teams in Texas & Florida. I also believe what Russell did will have an impact on free agents wanting to play for the Lakers. The NBA is different now. Showtime is nothing but a memory.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The taxes in California don't make the Lakers as attractive to free agents as teams in Texas & Florida. I also believe what Russell did will have an impact on free agents wanting to play for the Lakers. The NBA is different now. Showtime is nothing but a memory.

Hollywood is always attractive for someone trying to bring their stock up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top guys will consider the Clippers & when that doesn't happen they'll move on. The Lakers have no shot.

How? The Clippers won't have any cap space to sign anyone of significance in quite a while.

The main reason the Lakers haven't signed a top FA in a while is because they didn't have cap space in years and didn't have any young talent either. And due to Kobe's persistent injuries they haven't been able to contend either.

So unless you have a magic ball and know what's going to happen in June, not a single person on this earth knows if LA is a favourable destination anymore.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? The Clippers won't have any cap space to sign anyone of significance in quite a while.

The main reason the Lakers haven't signed a top FA in a while is because they didn't have cap space in years and didn't have any young talent either. And due to Kobe's persistent injuries they haven't been able to contend either.

So unless you have a magic ball and know what's going to happen in June, not a single person on this earth knows if LA is a favourable destination anymore.

Well what Russell did couldn't have possibly helped & he's the point guard that UFA's are supposed to want to play with. Sorry, I just don't see any of the top UFA's signing with the Lakers. We'll know soon enough though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what Russell did couldn't have possibly helped & he's the point guard that UFA's are supposed to want to play with. Sorry, I just don't see any of the top UFA's signing with the Lakers. We'll know soon enough though.

:lol: Make up your mind. Is it that Showtime is history? Is it that players don't care about Hollywood anymore? Is it what Russell did? Bottom line, you're just hoping no one comes to the Lakers.

There is plenty to attract other players to the Lakers. They just hired arguably the hottest young coach in the league, they have a solid core of young players who look like they'll be good for awhile, they are set to have over $60 million in cap space which means they can add 2 top players and there is no longer the prospect of having to drag what's left of Kobe through a season.

What happened with Russell is unlikely to have much, if any, effect on the Lakers in FA. He handled the aftermath appropriately by saying the right things and continuing to play well. I'd guess that some FA's may want to have a conversation with him to get their own sense of who he is as a person, but end of the day, the only place they have to trust him is on the court.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History has shown that's not true - the Lakers haven't ever had problems with attracting free agents because the Lakers kick in extra money to cover the extra state taxes. They have that ability being in a big market. The only reason they haven't done that in the last few years is because Kobe was dragging the team down with his huge contract and injuries. In the next two years the Lakers will be able to bring in fresh blood - WORD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Make up your mind. Is it that Showtime is history? Is it that players don't care about Hollywood anymore? Is it what Russell did? Bottom line, you're just hoping no one comes to the Lakers.

I think he got confused when he said that - He meant to say that his sex life is history and he is frusterated

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that isn't too high of a bar to set.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers have $11 million and contracts that Teams will actually want to trade for.

If someone of note wants to sign here, it is easy to clear the cap and still retain Blake, Paul and Jordan.

Several Teams will have cap to absorb a contract like Redicks.

Letting Green and the other UFA's walk, trading Redick and their #1 gets them to 20 mil.

Won't get them Durant.

But, maybe a Batum/ Parsons type.

I say type because Chandler will never sign here.