• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrese Haliburton will be better than Damian Lillard by the end of the 2023-24 season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Philly fan calling the Pacers a trash organization is starting to become ultra-rich.

Morey is bad for the NBA right now.
The Sixers are flawed as well. Who said they weren’t? It doesn’t change the fact that the Pacers are small market garbage.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Sixers Lakers Knicks Warriors Clippers.
Boston - Wouldn't pay Brown a record deal just to trade for Dame

Lakers - No assets outside of LeBron and AD

Clippers - Lack young talent to trade

Knicks - have Brunson

Warriors - Hitched their wagon to CP3 and it's not as if Portland wanted Poole anyway

Sixers - If you have to move Maxey what's the point?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then, I challenge you to name my a team other than Miami that would give up assets for an aging Dame and his gargantuan contract...

You can't. Of course.

It's the same reason a much better player (KD) could not be traded this time last year.

Several teams would.

The reason they aren't is because he has said he only wants to play for Miami.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knicks - have Brunson

Warriors - Hitched their wagon to CP3 and it's not as if Portland wanted Poole anyway

You didn't ask who had the assets to trade for him...you asked who would trade for him.

I'd say...nice attempt at moving the goalposts...but honestly, it was a weak attempt.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it depends on 1 major thing.

Will Lillard's injuries:

1. Have him in a better position because he will be well rested and less miles on his body the last few years?

or

2. Have a cumulative effect of hurting his body and make him more susceptible to injury going forward and rob him of athleticism similar to what has happened to Klay Thompson

if what comes to pass is closer to #2...then it is a reasonable expectation that Haliburton- a young star just starting to enter his prime- could pass Lillard. If Lillard comes back fresh, rested and motivated and healthy without having had his athleticism reduced- then Lillard should hold out another couple years.

Hard to see which one will be true.
Honestly man, do you see a scenario as the summer drags on where he'd end up having to report to camp in Portland? This is honestly looking like KD all over again where we'll have to wait until February...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knicks - have Brunson

You’re not good at this. You talked only about who would want him. All I have to establish to debate your point is a desire. That’s there in spades for all of those clubs who have had a core group around for awhile and have to close the deal because they’ve either been together for awhile or have aging core pieces. You’re not good at this.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't ask who had the assets to trade for him...you asked who would trade for him.

I'd say...nice attempt at moving the goalposts...but honestly, it was a weak attempt.
By this standard - Orlando would trade Fultz, Isaac, and WCJ for him. Problem is Portland wouldn't do it, leaving the scenario hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things...

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this standard - Orlando would trade Fultz, Isaac, and WCJ for him. Problem is Portland wouldn't do it, leaving the scenario hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things...
Nope. This is why you’re a fraud. Post 116
“I challenge you to name my a team other than Miami that would give up assets for an aging Dame and his gargantuan contract...”
You stepped out with this and you’re absolutely wrong. Now you’re pivoting. This is why you write a blog instead of posting much here. You actually get held accountable for a stupid comment in this format.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not good at this. You talked only about who would want him. All I have to establish to debate your point is a desire. That’s there in spades for all of those clubs who have had a core group around for awhile and have to close the deal because they’ve either been together for awhile or have aging core pieces. You’re not good at this.
You are literally talking in circles knowing you've got nothing better at your disposal.
Nope. This is why you’re a fraud. Post 116
“I challenge you to name my a team other than Miami that would give up assets for an aging Dame and his gargantuan contract...”
You stepped out with this and you’re absolutely wrong. Now you’re pivoting. This is why you write a blog instead of posting much here. You actually get held accountable for a stupid comment in this format.
And at the end of the day, none of the six teams you mentioned are going to trade for Lillard. If they were they would have done so by now. Moot argument.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several teams would.

The reason they aren't is because he has said he only wants to play for Miami.
If that was all that's holding up the deal, it would have happened by now. But of course you're naive enough to believe otherwise.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, this has nothing to do with the question you posted.

Since you apparently have forgotten what you posted and don't have the computer skills to go back and look...

Here it is again...

Alright then, I challenge you to name my a team other than Miami that would give up assets for an aging Dame and his gargantuan contract...

You can't. Of course.

It's the same reason a much better player (KD) could not be traded this time last year.

I posted that several teams would be willing to do that and why they haven't...

@fightinfunbags gave you a list of teams who would be willing to give up assets for him.

At this point, your choices are...explain why those teams wouldn't want to trade for him if he was open to it...

Or admit you were wrong.

I suppose you could always try to move the goalposts again...maybe try to be a little less obvious this time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are literally talking in circles knowing you've got nothing better at your disposal.

And at the end of the day, none of the six teams you mentioned are going to trade for Lillard. If they were they would have done so by now. Moot argument.
They aren’t going to trade for a player whose agent has been passing around a poisoned pill message that you will be getting a pissed off player. David Silver’s own letter that went around essentially confirmed this about Dame’s trade market.

I’m not sure why you want to belabor this and keep taking Ls.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was all that's holding up the deal, it would have happened by now. But of course you're naive enough to believe otherwise.

Wrong again... @fightinfunbags is right...You're not good at this.

The Blazers are willing to trade him, but not for what the Heat have offered.

Both teams are operating from positions of strength...(the Heat because Lillard hasn't come off of his "only Miami" demand and the Blazers because he's not going to be an FA soon) so both teams are sitting back waiting for the other to blink first.

That's why it hasn't happened.

My guess is that, at some point, the Heat will try to find a way to sweeten the deal and the Blazers will alter their asking price a little bit.

But it's going to be a while because neither team has a reason to feel any sense of urgency right now.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t going to trade for a player whose agent has been passing around a poisoned pill message that you will be getting a pissed off player. David Silver’s own letter that went around essentially confirmed this about Dame’s trade market.

I’m not sure why you want to belabor this and keep taking Ls.
"David Silver" - A sign that you don't know as much basketball as you think you do.

You should consider that maybe there's a reason Miami is the only team on his wish list - He knows they are they only team that makes sense for his position and contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Philly fan calling the Pacers a trash organization is starting to become ultra-rich.

Morey is bad for the NBA right now.

You should compare the accomplishments of the 76ers & the Pacers in the NBA. I'll give you a little hint. This is the Pacers trophy case.

download (1).jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a complete moron if you really think that.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this has nothing to do with the question you posted.

Since you apparently have forgotten what you posted and don't have the computer skills to go back and look...

Here it is again...

I posted that several teams would be willing to do that and why they haven't...

@fightinfunbags gave you a list of teams who would be willing to give up assets for him.

At this point, your choices are...explain why those teams wouldn't want to trade for him if he was open to it...

Or admit you were wrong.

I suppose you could always try to move the goalposts again...maybe try to be a little less obvious this time.
Weren't you one that said every star wants to join the Lakers?

Well Dame doesn't. He only wants Miami. :heh:

You know why the Lakers aren't on his wishlist? Because he knows there's zero chance he'll be traded there. It's not because he think Jimmy Butler is the second coming of Jesus Christ...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you one that said every star wants to join the Lakers?

No, I wasn't.

Well Dame doesn't. He only wants Miami. :heh:

You know why the Lakers aren't on his wishlist? Because he knows there's zero chance he'll be traded there. It's not because he think Jimmy Butler is the second coming of Jesus Christ...

It doesn't matter why the Lakers aren't on his "wish list". I'd imagine though, that it was for the same or similar reasons that the Celtics, Sixers, Warriors, Knicks and Clippers aren't on it.

Not surprising that you tried to move the goalposts/deflect again...

and somehow, you managed to make this attempt even stupider and lamer than the last one. So, congrats on that.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ top 10. Top 15 on a good day.

Ten years and I know exactly how this board works.

If Tyrese continues his ascension toward the elite, this thread will never be touched again. If Dame helps lead Miami to the #1 seed, this thread will be bumped a lot sooner than April.

I'm inviting it to be bumped regardless...
Name me 10 guys better than Dame right now. I don't care about their age or contract size either, just straight up talent. Dame is easily a top 10 player in this league and has been since he was drafted.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ top 10. Top 15 on a good day.

Ten years and I know exactly how this board works.

If Tyrese continues his ascension toward the elite, this thread will never be touched again. If Dame helps lead Miami to the #1 seed, this thread will be bumped a lot sooner than April.

I'm inviting it to be bumped regardless...

You're projecting Haliburton too soon IMO. Homerism is everywhere, but do you really project the Pacers deep into the playoffs this season?