• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Within two years the Lakers will be the better team in LA

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are going down, the Lakers are moving up! Things will finally be back the way it belongs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years might be a little soon. The Lakers still have a ton of work to do. But I do think the Clippers window may be starting to close a bit. I don't think they will ever be as bad as they used to be again, but I think they will slip back to more of a mid-level team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years might be a little soon. The Lakers still have a ton of work to do. But I do think the Clippers window may be starting to close a bit. I don't think they will ever be as bad as they used to be again, but I think they will slip back to more of a mid-level team.

I may have been a tad optimistic on the time line but it's going to happen soon

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I should dignify this thread with a response.

oops

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Lakers actually be better next year without Kobe?

Sure hope so because they sure as hell can't be much worse.:L

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are going down, the Lakers are moving up! Things will finally be back the way it belongs.

So, you want to debate who is the tallest midget?

:think:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers have big decisions this Summer.

CP3, Blake and JJ.....all free agents after next Season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this: The Lakers are clearly in a better position, long-term.

You have 4 good young guys and tons of cap.

We have none of either.

I'm having a slow day. The kids are away on a school trip and the husband won't be home till late tonight. There's only so much ironing I can do!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The window is definitely closing...with CP3 breaking his hand the other night, you start to wonder if this team will ever have a playoff run at full strength...seemingly every yr they lose Griffin or Paul.

IMO, the Lakers hung on too long to Kobe, but he was the cash cow and maybe he earned the right to go out playing vs on IR...idk enough about CBB to know who they should draft, but the big kid Sims from LSU a lot of people like and a good draft at the top overall.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Lakers aren't going to better than the Clippers within 3-4 years let alone 2.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Lakers hung on too long to Kobe, but he was the cash cow and maybe he earned the right to go out playing vs on IR...idk enough about CBB to know who they should draft, but the big kid Sims from LSU a lot of people like and a good draft at the top overall.

I agree that they held onto Kobe too long and I think that had he not suffered the injuries he did, he may have retired earlier or at least been a better version of himself than we saw this year. It was a true Catch-22 for the Lakers. When you consider the 5 titles, the money the franchise made just from having him on the roster, the fact that he's an all-time great and first ballot hall of famer, he definitely earned the right to go out on his terms as much as possible.

Unfortunately, it probably set the re-build back a year or 2.

Jeanie said that when she saw how Magic's career was cut short, she promised that if they Lakers ever had another one of those special talents, she would do everything in her power to see to it that he was honored properly when he retired. Can't really complain about her keeping her word.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they held onto Kobe too long and I think that had he not suffered the injuries he did, he may have retired earlier or at least been a better version of himself than we saw this year. It was a true Catch-22 for the Lakers. When you consider the 5 titles, the money the franchise made just from having him on the roster, the fact that he's an all-time great and first ballot hall of famer, he definitely earned the right to go out on his terms as much as possible.

Unfortunately, it probably set the re-build back a year or 2.

Jeanie said that when she saw how Magic's career was cut short, she promised that if they Lakers ever had another one of those special talents, she would do everything in her power to see to it that he was honored properly when he retired. Can't really complain about her keeping her word.

The two he got w/o Shaq really set him apart from just being a good Laker...that made him a special Laker so I get it...I thought after the last ditch effort (Dwight Howard, Nash, etc.) to make one more run failed they would start the rebuild then....but agree, hard to complain about sending a HOF out the right way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers have big decisions this Summer.

CP3, Blake and JJ.....all free agents after next Season.

That's going to be interesting when they hit free agency. CP3 is 30, JJ is 31 and Blake is 27. CP3 and JJ will have started their declines or will be about to start them and Blake will be about to hit 30. CP3 and JJ may be decide to try and win titles someplace else while they are still young enough to be effective and Blake may decide he doesn't want to remain a Clipper if it looks like he'll essentially be by himself.

And if you're the Clippers, do you want to give CP3 and JJ longer term, big money deals when they might be able to be in position to bring in younger guys?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two he got w/o Shaq really set him apart from just being a good Laker...that made him a special Laker so I get it...I thought after the last ditch effort (Dwight Howard, Nash, etc.) to make one more run failed they would start the rebuild then....but agree, hard to complain about sending a HOF out the right way.

And essentially, that was the plan. They went all in on Dight/Nash to try and get one more ring with Kobe. They knew that if it didn't work, they were going to be behind the 8-ball when it came to rebuilding, but they had to try.

Unfortunately, it didn't work and they were left with a mess. Considering how bad off they were when it came to picks, etc. I think they've done a pretty good job acquiring young talent. Now, they just need the right coach and maybe an FA or 2 to put it all together.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Lakers actually be better next year without Kobe?

Sure hope so because they sure as hell can't be much worse.:L
Considering they lost Kobe and fired Byron Scott, the answer is yes - Especially if they get lucky in the draft and free agency

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a slow day. The kids are away on a school trip and the husband won't be home till late tonight. There's only so much ironing I can do!
You should go out to eat and screw the ironing - your kids and husband will live if it doesn't get done - lmao