• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Within two years the Lakers will be the better team in LA

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a slow day. The kids are away on a school trip and the husband won't be home till late tonight. There's only so much ironing I can do!

We get it - You're a dude pretending to be a woman in order to get a rise out of people.:lame:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be interesting when they hit free agency. CP3 is 30, JJ is 31 and Blake is 27. CP3 and JJ will have started their declines or will be about to start them and Blake will be about to hit 30. CP3 and JJ may be decide to try and win titles someplace else while they are still young enough to be effective and Blake may decide he doesn't want to remain a Clipper if it looks like he'll essentially be by himself.

And if you're the Clippers, do you want to give CP3 and JJ longer term, big money deals when they might be able to be in position to bring in younger guys?

Yeah, it's a slippery slope.

All 3 guys have injury issues.

I think you retain Paul, if you can.

But, only if you can pair him with a better supporting cast.

Seriously, if you are gonna have a guy like Deandre on the roster, you can't pair him with Blake.

They need a Ryan Anderson or Gallinari type stretch player.

Plus, something has to be done with that Sf position.

If they could flip Blake and their 1st rounder into Anderson and Batum, they'd be much more balanced.

Blake for Kevin Love would be nifty too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it - You're a dude pretending to be a woman in order to get a rise out of people.:lame:

Come on, Hurricane.

There are at least 3 ladies holding it down on the NBA threads.

We are like Destinys Child.

* since I'm the lone Clippers fan, does that make me Michele or Kelly?*

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I see. You're embarrassed because a woman knows more about basketball than you do. I get it now.

Good news though sweetheart, maybe next year when you reach high school they'll let you try out for the JV team and you might learn a thing or two.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"NO GOOD CLIPPERS"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are going down, the Lakers are moving up! Things will finally be back the way it belongs.

lol Coming off a 17 win season. Anyways, it will help getting that huge contract off the books to sign players and they get their top 5 pick but two years? The Clippers just won 53 games. Paul is still Paul, well when he heals. Griffin is still young but needs to get healthy. They still have the core there just need role players unlike the Lakers whose core is still very young. They would need to bring in a star or superstar to be at the Clips' level in 2 years which could happen but not likely. The Clippers might be aging a bit but it isn't too bad, they have more than 2 years together unless they bring in another star which could still help them win.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see. You're embarrassed because a woman knows more about basketball than you do. I get it now.

Good news though sweetheart, maybe next year when you reach high school they'll let you try out for the JV team and you might learn a thing or two.

If this thread is your definition of "knows" basketball, then I'll gladly accept not knowing basketball. For the record I'm 28.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this thread is your definition of "knows" basketball, then I'll gladly accept not knowing basketball. For the record I'm 28.

Really? I expected someone your age to be a lot more mature, Todd!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans are getting more and more delusional lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suspicious: You think you know more. Typical.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Coming off a 17 win season. Anyways, it will help getting that huge contract off the books to sign players and they get their top 5 pick but two years? The Clippers just won 53 games. Paul is still Paul, well when he heals. Griffin is still young but needs to get healthy. They still have the core there just need role players unlike the Lakers whose core is still very young. They would need to bring in a star or superstar to be at the Clips' level in 2 years which could happen but not likely. The Clippers might be aging a bit but it isn't too bad, they have more than 2 years together unless they bring in another star which could still help them win.

I agree that without signing a couple of top FA's, 2 years is a bit soon. The Lakers have plenty of money and if they get the coaching hire right, they have an excellent chance of climbing back into contention fairly quickly. However, even if they get a couple of top FA's, I'd expect it will still take a season or 2 for them to truly contend. They"ll still have a roster heavy with young guys who need to learn how to win in the NBA.

The problem for the Clips is that they appear to have hit their ceiling. They don't really have cap space to improve their team in FA and they they are too good to get a high enough draft pick to get a difference maker that way.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I expected someone your age to be a lot more mature, Todd!

OK, so you're the one providing all the views to my blog. Much appreciated, good sir.

Mature? Nailed it right in the head. Mature "women" almost always go to their own SportsHoopla profile page and announce they "forgot to poop today".:doh:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that without signing a couple of top FA's, 2 years is a bit soon. The Lakers have plenty of money and if they get the coaching hire right, they have an excellent chance of climbing back into contention fairly quickly. However, even if they get a couple of top FA's, I'd expect it will still take a season or 2 for them to truly contend. They"ll still have a roster heavy with young guys who need to learn how to win in the NBA.

The problem for the Clips is that they appear to have hit their ceiling. They don't really have cap space to improve their team in FA and they they are too good to get a high enough draft pick to get a difference maker that way.

Yeah, unless Doc can convince a guy like Durant to come to the Clippers, we are stuck in the Land of " good but not great".

Not sure why he'd want to be involved in that shit show. But, if he or any other difference maker was interested, the Clippers would have to ship either Blake, Deandre or a combination of Redick, The Ghost of Paul Pierce and every other guaranteed deal, along with renouncing all free agents, into another Teams open cap without taking anything back.

Possible. But, not probable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unless Doc can convince a guy like Durant to come to the Clippers, we are stuck in the Land of " good but not great".

Not sure why he'd want to be involved in that shit show. But, if he or any other difference maker was interested, the Clippers would have to ship either Blake, Deandre or a combination of Redick, The Ghost of Paul Pierce and every other guaranteed deal, along with renouncing all free agents, into another Teams open cap without taking anything back.

Possible. But, not probable.

Yeah, I don't know the Clips full cap situation. Would just losing Blake get you guys under the cap enough to bring in KD? Or are you thinking sign and trade?

Losing DeAndre would weaken your interior defense (although KD probably makes up the difference on offense). Anything else seems like the Clips would lose too much as far as role players and would have to fill out their roster with MLE guys and end of the bench type guys. That probably isn't enough to get them past the Warriors or Spurs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know the Clips full cap situation. Would just losing Blake get you guys under the cap enough to bring in KD? Or are you thinking sign and trade?

Losing DeAndre would weaken your interior defense (although KD probably makes up the difference on offense). Anything else seems like the Clips would lose too much as far as role players and would have to fill out their roster with MLE guys and end of the bench type guys. That probably isn't enough to get them past the Warriors or Spurs.

They will have about 8 mil if they let everyone walk.

Blake and Deandre make 18- 20 mil.

So, it gets them close.

I don't know that the Thunder would want Blake, unless they shipped Ibaka out too.

Blake has a higher profile and is from the area. So, maybe....

The biggest issue in this scenario is".Why would Durant pick the Clippers"?

Paul is not a upgrade on Westbrook, unless you are looking to carry the load solo.

Durant would get more touches. But, they would have to decimate the roster so he still isn't getting passed the Warriors or Spurs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant would get more touches. But, they would have to decimate the roster so he still isn't getting passed the Warriors or Spurs.

Yeah, could end up like when Melo went to the Knicks. They had to give up so much to get him that when he arrived in New York, he was like..."Where is everybody?" :noidea:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, could end up like when Melo went to the Knicks. They had to give up so much to get him that when he arrived in New York, he was like..."Where is everybody?" :noidea:

Exactly.

I would like to see them get a Ryan Anderson type.

But, he's gonna be too expensive.

So, maybe they have something the Nuggets want for Gallinari.

They have to get a shooter.

Redick has been Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurible the last few games and I think he will walk after next Season anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

I would like to see them get a Ryan Anderson type.

But, he's gonna be too expensive.

So, maybe they have something the Nuggets want for Gallinari.

They have to get a shooter.

Redick has been Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurible the last few games and I think he will walk after next Season anyway.

I'll bet you guys could get Swaggy P for a half eaten bag of potato chips and a warm bottle of Gatorade. :heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious: You think you know more. Typical.

To be fair though - Out of the thousands of companies I have audited, most of them are husband and wife corporations with the records and checkbook in control of the women and most of the husband and wife families I have met, the women are usually in charge. Just has @trojanfan12 - if you don't believe me:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just has @trojanfan12 - if you don't believe me:lol:

This is complete and total bullshit. I'll have you know that my wife gives me complete and total control of mowing the lawn and taking out the trash (as long as I don't wait too long to take care of either).