• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Within two years the Lakers will be the better team in LA

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAYUM!! That's a lot of money in that list. :shocked:

Thanks for listing that. Looks like there are about 3-4 teams in the $60 million range and a few more in the $40-$50 million range.

I wonder when was the last time the Lakers went into the off-season with the most cap space in the league? Or if they ever have?

Hmmmmm, I think he's small for the 3.

If true, do you keep Clarkson?

Ps....Is it good or bad that he's besties with Master P's son?

DeMar DeRozan’s days in the six might be numbered … that’s according to his best friend and former teammate, Romeo Miller, who says he knows where DeRozan is headed … and he strongly suggests it’s L.A. We got Romeo out at The Grove and asked him about DeMar … who will be one of the most coveted free agents of the NBA off-season.

Romeo would be the guy to ask … he and DeRozan have been best friends for years, growing up together and playing college ball at USC. Check out the clip … it’s been reported DeMar wants to bolt the north for L.A. and Romeo adds to that fire … hinting STRONGLY that he knows the Lakers are the right spot for his best pal.
– via TMZ.com

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm, I think he's small for the 3.

If true, do you keep Clarkson?

Ps....Is it good or bad that he's besties with Master P's son?

DeMar DeRozan’s days in the six might be numbered … that’s according to his best friend and former teammate, Romeo Miller, who says he knows where DeRozan is headed … and he strongly suggests it’s L.A. We got Romeo out at The Grove and asked him about DeMar … who will be one of the most coveted free agents of the NBA off-season.

Romeo would be the guy to ask … he and DeRozan have been best friends for years, growing up together and playing college ball at USC. Check out the clip … it’s been reported DeMar wants to bolt the north for L.A. and Romeo adds to that fire … hinting STRONGLY that he knows the Lakers are the right spot for his best pal.
– via TMZ.com

Well, he's 6'7" 220, so he's a little on the small side for an SF, but not too bad. He'll be in trouble vs. KD and Lebron, but every SF in the league is when they play those 2 (including KD and Lebron when they play each other lol).

As for him being a Laker. We'll see. Romeo and even DeMar may think the Lakers are the best fit, but it doesn't matter if the Lakers don't think so. If they do sign him, I could see them playing him at SF or possibly trading Clarkson for an SF. End of the day, it'll depend a lot on Luke and what type of system he wants to run. Everyone assumes that he'll bring the Warriors system. I'm not convinced of that.

As a fan, if you asked me during the regular season, I'd have said "Yes, absolutely pursue him." If you asked me earlier in the playoffs, I'd have said "Stay the hell away from him." After the way he's played the past couple of games or so...I'm starting to lean back towards, "Yes, absolutely pursue him."

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's 6'7" 220, so he's a little on the small side for an SF, but not too bad. He'll be in trouble vs. KD and Lebron, but every SF in the league is when they play those 2 (including KD and Lebron when they play each other lol).

As for him being a Laker. We'll see. Romeo and even DeMar may think the Lakers are the best fit, but it doesn't matter if the Lakers don't think so. If they do sign him, I could see them playing him at SF or possibly trading Clarkson for an SF. End of the day, it'll depend a lot on Luke and what type of system he wants to run. Everyone assumes that he'll bring the Warriors system. I'm not convinced of that.

As a fan, if you asked me during the regular season, I'd have said "Yes, absolutely pursue him." If you asked me earlier in the playoffs, I'd have said "Stay the hell away from him." After the way he's played the past couple of games or so...I'm starting to lean back towards, "Yes, absolutely pursue him."

The guy is an enigma.

By far, the most polarizing player that I've seen in years.

Earlier this Season: He'd be a solid pickup.

Mid Season: Dudes streaky. But, a All Star player.

End of Season: Max contract? Jigga Please!

Playoffs until 2 games ago: :pound:The Lakers are gonna pay him $25 mil!

Last 2 games : Damn, the Lakers are gonna steal him from Canada

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is an enigma.

By far, the most polarizing player that I've seen in years.

Earlier this Season: He'd be a solid pickup.

Mid Season: Dudes streaky. But, a All Star player.

End of Season: Max contract? Jigga Please!

Playoffs until 2 games ago: :pound:The Lakers are gonna pay him $25 mil!

Last 2 games : Damn, the Lakers are gonna steal him from Canada

Maybe coming home to LA will chill his ass out and get him to be more consistent? :noidea:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers?

Probably not since their 1st year of existence...lol

Of the Teams on that list, the Blazers, , Celtics, Wolves, Jazz and Lakers have the most talent currently under contract, and a decent amount of cap to spend.

Washington and Dallas have money...But, how much will go to Beal, for the Wiz and Parsons/ Dirk for Dallas?

Same with Raptors if the give DeMar a max and try to keep.Biyombo.

The Lakers don't really have that much talent. The teams to watch on that list are Dallas, Orlando & Houston because the states they're in don't have any state taxes. Players like this fact a lot. Boston should be very active. Solid team & bright future. Philly needs to add some big time guards. We'll see what the Lakers can do.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't really have that much talent. The teams to watch on that list are Dallas, Orlando & Houston because the states they're in don't have any state taxes. Players like this fact a lot. Boston should be very active. Solid team & bright future. Philly needs to add some big time guards. We'll see what the Lakers can do.

Dunno about the Teams you listed outside of Houston.

For whatever reason, nobody wants to go to Dallas until they are on their last legs.

I honestly can't figure out why.

As far as the Lakers, being a great destination has lost some of its allure.

But, they have Russell, Randle, Clarkson, the #2 pick, Weather, Women, Weed, Hollywood and $60 million to spend.

They can add 2 max guys and a couple of solid guys @ 10 million a piece.

If they spend wisely and on the right players, they will be in great shape.

They aren't getting Durant or James.

But, DeRozan, Barnes, Horford, Noah, Whiteside, Parsons are all in play.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about the Teams you listed outside of Houston.

For whatever reason, nobody wants to go to Dallas until they are on their last legs.

I honestly can't figure out why.

As far as the Lakers, being a great destination has lost some of its allure.

But, they have Russell, Randle, Clarkson, the #2 pick, Weather, Women, Weed, Hollywood and $60 million to spend.

They can add 2 max guys and a couple of solid guys @ 10 million a piece.

If they spend wisely and on the right players, they will be in great shape.

They aren't getting Durant or James.

But, DeRozan, Barnes, Horford, Noah, Whiteside, Parsons are all in play.

Am I the only person who thinks Russell could be a problem when it comes to free agents wanting to play for the Lakers?

Philly should offer Conley the moon. He's exactly what the need. I doubt they get him, but they have to try.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person who thinks Russell could be a problem when it comes to free agents wanting to play for the Lakers?

Philly should offer Conley the moon. He's exactly what the need. I doubt they get him, but they have to try.

Yeah, I think it depends on the free agent.

Example......

Durant? He would likely not consider them anyway. But, a vet like him might take issue.

Harrison Barnes? Wants to get paid, wouldn't think twice.

DeRozan? Wants to get paid, wants to come home, wouldn't think twice.

I think Philly and Utah could use a stud pg.

But, signing one outright could be a problem.

So, why not trade for one?

Send #24 or Okafor to the Heat/Hawks for Dragic who I am betting that they dump this Summer, Or, Jeff Teague.

Or, go for broke, Send Okafor and a 1st to the Celtics for #3 and take Dunn.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it depends on the free agent.

Example......

Durant? He would likely not consider them anyway. But, a vet like him might take issue.

Harrison Barnes? Wants to get paid, wouldn't think twice.

DeRozan? Wants to get paid, wants to come home, wouldn't think twice.

I think Philly and Utah could use a stud pg.

But, signing one outright could be a problem.

So, why not trade for one?

Send #24 or Okafor to the Heat/Hawks for Dragic who I am betting that they dump this Summer, Or, Jeff Teague.

Or, go for broke, Send Okafor and a 1st to the Celtics for #3 and take Dunn.

I realize money is going to talk, but from what the reaction of players throughout the sportsworld was after the incident I think it matters to players.

I have a hard time believing Miami would trade Dragic. Like I said they should offer Conley the moon.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize money is going to talk, but from what the reaction of players throughout the sportsworld was after the incident I think it matters to players.

I have a hard time believing Miami would trade Dragic. Like I said they should offer Conley the moon.

The Heat have some tough decisions to make.

They have $40 million to sign Whiteside, Deng, Wade, Joe Johnson and Tyler Johnson.

Not to mention they have to fill the roster because Haslem, Stodamire, Weber, Wright and Gerald Green are free agents.

Do the math...Dragic has to go because Bosh and McRoberts deals have no.value and Tyler Johnson was pretty solid.

Conley is a pipedream. But, they should still try.

I would be hesitant to give up anything good for Teague because he only has one year left and could bolt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers have no talent?!?

:L

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut yer dirty whore mouth sawker fheg. You don't know nothin' 'bout basketball. :dhd:

Could be a blessing in disguise, if true that is.

I like your guards.

The long-term sf situation should be resolved in the draft.

So, throw money at a Center and shooters.

Demar is a scorer. But, not a good shooter.

Josh Lewenberg: Can DeRozan find a better situation than Toronto? “I don’t think so. My mindset has always been Toronto… I don’t want to switch it up now”

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one flaw to the OP's theory. One reason I can see it not happening.

And I never in my wildest dream ever thought I'd ever type, utter, vocalize or even sarcastically say this:

Right now, Clippers are the team with the better upper management.

And that could be the one thing that keeps the Lakers from becoming better than the Clippers in the next couple of years.